Author Topic: Who is the Last Recruit?  (Read 8325 times)

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Who is the Last Recruit?
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:14:43 PM »
Desmond, maybe?

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the Last Recruit?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:15:53 PM »
I'm thinking it's actually Jack...

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:16:53 PM »
What about Claire? She is with Sawyer and co. now?

Offline imcrazy0088

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:18:01 PM »
jack

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:18:36 PM »
yeah, its Jack

we all we're thinking the last recruit referred to Jacob's recruit, but it refers to MIB's recruit, Jack
"you're with me now"

question is, is Jack dead ?
there was always the question if Claire died in the explosion and MIB brought her back, now the same thing can be asked of Jack

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 11:21:15 PM »
MiB saved him - now Jack is beholden to him for saving his life.

Seriously, Jack is the last recruit.  Given that was the title of the episode and the final line of the night was "you're with me now," I think it's safe to say.  Jacob was looking for candidates, MiB was looking for recruits.

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »
But MIB didn't really save him - Jack may have been fine on his own.  MIB tries to fly into everyone's situation to make himself a hero... Claire, Sayid... he tried with Sawyer and Jin... but if you don't buy his lines, I don't think you get stuck in his trap.

I think we have 4 camps now.  1 = MIB, who wants to get off the island to do whatever his bad self wants to do.  2 = Widmore's group.  Widmore's reasons for being on the island, I think, are selfish.  He wants to figure out how to control the electromagnetism.   3 = Sawyer's group who is trying to get off the island to get back to whatever waits for them in the non-Island world.  4 = those who are in it for saving the island, i.e. Jacob's group.  Jack tonight stood aside and tried to think of what might be best for the island, taking a huge risk going off on his own.  I think he will join up with Richard and Ben who are also true island loyalists.

So who is the last recruit?  I am leaning on Jack, but I don't think he's on team MIB.  I think he's the last of the candidates to keep faith in and priority on the island, that last of Jacob's recruits.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 12:17:36 AM »
It had to be Jack. No one else was really recruited.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 02:18:05 AM »
I guess it was Jack, but up until that moment, I thought Candidate Jack was looking quite Jacobian. 

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 04:34:46 AM »
Claire?  Kate did recruit her to get on the boat.  (Mostly tongue-in-cheek, but...)

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 06:41:32 AM »
This constant division into groups is getting really old. Instead of finding out more about characters or mythology, the last hours of the show are wasted by marching through the jungle changing groups. It's been like that since Season 2. Is there no other way to write a plot?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 07:10:55 AM »
This constant division into groups is getting really old. Instead of finding out more about characters or mythology, the last hours of the show are wasted by marching through the jungle changing groups. It's been like that since Season 2. Is there no other way to write a plot?

I 100% agree with you!! At first it was .. alright they are all back together and are going to see this through to the end!! Then 5 minutes later Jack and Sawyer are at it again and jack jumps off the boat. Very frustrating last 15 minutes.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »
With all due respect Jack is the last recruit for MIB.  Ilana said MIB was recruiting pretty much start of this season.  Sawyer was one of his recruits.

With respect to characters mythology we got a big answer MIB was using Christians body he admited to that and Claire also admited it.
That was something we have been debating for 6 years ::) ;D

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 08:25:05 AM »
Apparently MIB doesn't like to lie so much. Sure, he told Richard that Jacob is the devil, but from MIB's perspective Jacob IS the Devil keeping him locked up in this hell of an island. He also lied to Claire (to protect her, he says), but when asked if he is the smoke monster or if he appeared in some form or other he tells the truth. And I still think he might be telling the truth about having been a human once. Think about last episode's whisper reveal. He could have died, become a whisper and then Jacob could have turned him into a smoke monster later. When in non Smokey form, he does not strike me as particullary evil. He didn't even want to kill Desmond at first, and to me he seems a lot more human than Jacob.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 08:34:40 AM »
I have been saying it for weeks that MiB is not such a bad guy. Jacob comes across as evil to me, he brings people to the island against their will killing many in the process to try and win a bet against MiB. MiB has been against bringing people to the island since pre-Black Rock. He doesn't want to play Jacob's silly game. If MiB turns out to really be "All things Evil" then Jacob will end up being "All things A** Hole"