Author Topic: Christian  (Read 6049 times)

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Christian
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 03:40:54 PM »
MIB is full of it.  MIB wants nothing more than to strip Jack of his new found faith.  If he can do that he can get Jack on his side.  Telling Jack that he was his dad all along is just another manipulative lie to get people to go with him.  I donít buy it.  MIB was not Christian.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
To me it doesn't add up that Flocke was also Christian.  If he had told Jack that he didn't take on Christian's image, then Jack would want to stay and seek out answers to that.  However, the best play for MIB was to lie and try to convince Jack that there was nothing left on the island for him.  MIB lied to Richard, why does everyone take is word as truth now?  Just saying

MIB is full of it.  MIB wants nothing more than to strip Jack of his new found faith.  If he can do that he can get Jack on his side.  Telling Jack that he was his dad all along is just another manipulative lie to get people to go with him.  I don’t buy it.  MIB was not Christian.

I think you guys are misinterpreting what Jack is doing. Are you thinking that Jack wants to leave the island?? Because he doesn't. That's why he jumped off of "Sawyer's" boat. He specifically says that leaving the island feels wrong, and Sawyer (who most deffinitely is planning on leaving the island) tells Jack that if Jack isn't with them, then he needs to get off the boat, and Jacks jumps off. Just because he ends up at the beach, and Locke is there and says that Jack is with him, doesn't mean he is.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 12:42:32 PM »
Yeah I don't think Jack is WITH MiB at all. I do think there is a chance that our favorite Locke impersonator will coax or convince Jack to act in MiB's best interest though. I think that may be what Claire is referring to. MiB's power of manipulation. I think Jack is going to have one final, "What'd I DO?" moment for which to atone. Jack has been moving so smoothly towards redemption I just can't believe it is going to all go smoothly for him.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »

Since MIB was able to appear as Alex  to Ben and was telling Ben to do whatever Locke told him then Illana was wrong. He can appear in other forms after taking Locke's body. 

Wait a minute...Jacob dying is what solidified MIB in Lockes form.  Did I not hear someone say this or am I just making this up?  This is how I always justified it in my head. 

I've been attempting to get this across but it gets lost over and over.

I am sure the debate is not over and Lostlady thank you it was answered and no need to debate it.  TPTB said that there were going to be things we did not like and much we can do about it.  I will moand and compalin but the Christian myster is dead and gone!

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 02:49:45 PM »
To me it doesn't add up that Flocke was also Christian.  If he had told Jack that he didn't take on Christian's image, then Jack would want to stay and seek out answers to that.  However, the best play for MIB was to lie and try to convince Jack that there was nothing left on the island for him.  MIB lied to Richard, why does everyone take is word as truth now?  Just saying

MIB is full of it.  MIB wants nothing more than to strip Jack of his new found faith.  If he can do that he can get Jack on his side.  Telling Jack that he was his dad all along is just another manipulative lie to get people to go with him.  I donít buy it.  MIB was not Christian.

I think you guys are misinterpreting what Jack is doing. Are you thinking that Jack wants to leave the island?? Because he doesn't. That's why he jumped off of "Sawyer's" boat. He specifically says that leaving the island feels wrong, and Sawyer (who most deffinitely is planning on leaving the island) tells Jack that if Jack isn't with them, then he needs to get off the boat, and Jacks jumps off. Just because he ends up at the beach, and Locke is there and says that Jack is with him, doesn't mean he is.
No no no.  I'm not saying Jack wants to leave at all.  I'm saying that MIB will say anything to get Jack on his side.  In order to do that he needs to get rid of Jack's new found faith.  If he can convince Jack that there was nothing special about him seeing his dead dad, then that can lead to Jack loosing his faith.  However, Jack's faith is obviously stronger than MIB thought, because he did not believe MIB.  Go Jack.

Offline Abaddons Key

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 03:04:53 PM »
It is possible that all of the cantidates have the ability to see and speak to the dead, but for whatever reason, Hurley is the only one that has taken the initiative with it. I mean, this could account for the off island viewings of Jacks father and what have you. I mean when Jack saw his dad in the waiting room of the doctor's office, Christian looked a little surprised that Jack was looking at him and talking to him. Maybe Christian was just following his son around to make sure he was okay, and all of a sudden, Jack can see him??

Since MIB was able to appear as Alex  to Ben and was telling Ben to do whatever Locke told him then Illana was wrong. He can appear in other forms after taking Locke's body. 

Wait a minute...Jacob dying is what solidified MIB in Lockes form.  Did I not hear someone say this or am I just making this up?  This is how I always justified it in my head. 

We've never been officially told why Locke is stuck as Locke, so you might have heard someone say that this is their theory, but this was never told to us by the show.

This is great someone totally shot down my theory of their being a third unseen player in all this.  It was so blatant when MiB walked passed locks beached body yet we don't know why Christians body was never found.  As far as the series being wrapped up so believe everything thats told to us, I don't buy it.  MiB is clearly out for himself and Jack's line before he jumped ship really hit home.

"What if he's afraid of what happens if we stay"
Brilliant 

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 06:05:15 PM »
If Christian was Flocke all along, does Flocke have the ability to get off the island without anyones help? I'm asking because Christian was on the boat just before Michael exploded and also in LA at the hospital where Jack worked after he returned from the island!?!

I think getting of the island doesn't change anything, because I think MIB's home is in the other timeline and leaving the island is leaving this timeline and he needs the numbers to do that.
Christian was able to hold Aaron in his arms, he was no ghost.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 11:46:49 AM »

This is great someone totally shot down my theory of their being a third unseen player in all this.  It was so blatant when MiB walked passed locks beached body yet we don't know why Christians body was never found.  As far as the series being wrapped up so believe everything thats told to us, I don't buy it.  MiB is clearly out for himself and Jack's line before he jumped ship really hit home.

"What if he's afraid of what happens if we stay"
Brilliant 

I think it's basically been assumed that Smokey somehow takes the bodies of the people he appears as. After being told that he was Christian, the only question we need to have explained is why Locke's body didn't vanish. That's the one thing I'm not getting...I mean about the MIB situation.

No no no.  I'm not saying Jack wants to leave at all.  I'm saying that MIB will say anything to get Jack on his side.  In order to do that he needs to get rid of Jack's new found faith.  If he can convince Jack that there was nothing special about him seeing his dead dad, then that can lead to Jack loosing his faith.  However, Jack's faith is obviously stronger than MIB thought, because he did not believe MIB.  Go Jack.

Okay, I got ya now.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 12:00:44 PM »
Yeah these little inconsistancies I have a feeling are going to stay inconsistancies. I hate to say it, but I have a feeling we are going to have some things deemed insignificant to the End Game left for us to be upset about. Like Walt showing up all wet and whispering backwards. WE may think it is a significant answer, but TPTB may leave it alone, because I don't see them being able to explain that one after they have already given us one explanation of the whispers, and Michael is a soul stuck on the Island and what not. They would have to revisit that explaination and tell us why Walt is different. Same story with Christian I think. If MiB was not Christian we are going to have to be told why MiB lied about it, which would be easy, but then we will have to be told who really WAS Christian. Not that I'm saying this can't happen, just that they narrative we get for it may be difficult to carry out fluidly

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010, 09:04:18 PM »
If Christian was Flocke all along, does Flocke have the ability to get off the island without anyones help? I'm asking because Christian was on the boat just before Michael exploded and also in LA at the hospital where Jack worked after he returned from the island!?!

I think getting of the island doesn't change anything, because I think MIB's home is in the other timeline and leaving the island is leaving this timeline and he needs the numbers to do that.
Christian was able to hold Aaron in his arms, he was no ghost.
He was not a ghost he was MIB.

I think that the boars could have gotten the body if it actually made it on the plane.  Remember Smokey went and clicked or snap shot or whatever one wants to name it and pulls from peoples memories, and minds.  Smokey was not with John locke when he dies but he know what hew as thinking.

So chalk half the no answers or mysteries to the continuitiy of the show.  They messed up a lot but then again they did drive some items okay. 

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2010, 11:14:02 PM »
My belief is that when they originally started the Christian story in Season 1 - the 5th episode of the whole series, mind you - they were not sure if they intended him to truly be the ghost of Jack's dad or MiB.  Ultimately, they decided down the line he was MiB because that fit their story better.  I would not call this a mess up because I think it would be unfair for us to expect the writers to plan out 6 seasons of mysteries and answers right from the get go, but it does raise continuity questions.  Unfortunately, and although we sometimes find it hard to believe, the writers and production crew are human and do make mistakes.

If I had a nickel for every time I made a mistake at work...  ha.  Funny story, I actually made a mistake last week that could have cost my company $85 thousand dollars.  LOL.  But I digress...