Author Topic: Christian  (Read 5982 times)

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Christian
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »

Since MIB was able to appear as Alex  to Ben and was telling Ben to do whatever Locke told him then Illana was wrong. He can appear in other forms after taking Locke's body. 

Good call! That means he could have also been Michael. However, since Hurley can see dead people anyway (I don't believe that Charlie was MIB, nor Mrs. Alpert...), Michael could have just been Michael.

Offline Bradislost09

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 11:00:36 AM »

Since MIB was able to appear as Alex  to Ben and was telling Ben to do whatever Locke told him then Illana was wrong. He can appear in other forms after taking Locke's body. 

Wait a minute...Jacob dying is what solidified MIB in Lockes form.  Did I not hear someone say this or am I just making this up?  This is how I always justified it in my head. 

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 12:04:37 PM »
It is possible that all of the cantidates have the ability to see and speak to the dead, but for whatever reason, Hurley is the only one that has taken the initiative with it. I mean, this could account for the off island viewings of Jacks father and what have you. I mean when Jack saw his dad in the waiting room of the doctor's office, Christian looked a little surprised that Jack was looking at him and talking to him. Maybe Christian was just following his son around to make sure he was okay, and all of a sudden, Jack can see him??

Wait a minute...Jacob dying is what solidified MIB in Lockes form.  Did I not hear someone say this or am I just making this up?  This is how I always justified it in my head. 

We've never been officially told why Locke is stuck as Locke, so you might have heard someone say that this is their theory, but this was never told to us by the show.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 12:13:41 PM »
Yeah, I was disappointed too - I sort of thought I had it figured out - MiB doesn't take over bodies, he just appears as dead people - at least that's what I thought.  Now I'm rather confused as to what actually happened to Christian's body. 

This isn't making sense to me. If MIB doesn't take over bodies and only manifests as dead people, then how is him getting off the island now - presumably only "manifesting" as Locke because we know Locke's actual human body is elsewhere - any different then him being off the island as Christian, or Claire, or whomever? The Christian reveal explains a lot of things, but I do raise an eyebrow at him being seen off island. Could MIB be totally lying, or at least, could there be a Christian AND an MIB manifestation of Christian?

As for MIB possibly as Ben's mom...did MIB say he could only manifest as people who died on the island? He seems to get inside people's heads (several instances where it seemed like smokey was taking photographs of people, felt like he was getting information from them), so he could have gotten inside Ben's head and manifested as his mom to manipulate him right from the get-go.  Ben had surely seen photographs of his mother. I always thought that scene was interesting because when 70's Richard found Ben, he seemed very intrigued when Ben told him he could see dead people.

I don't think he was necessarily limited to impersonating people who died on the island.  For instance, he impersonated Christian who did not die on the island.  For a while I thought he would be limited to impersonating dead people with whom he had come into contact - which would explain how he could appear as Christian since he could have encountered Christian's corpse.  Another idea is that he could appear as someone who was remembered by someone else - since he seemed to "brain scan" Eko before he appeared as Yemi.  Maybe this also explains how he could appear as Richard's wife (I forgot her name) but it seemed that he had no contact, or very limited contact, with Richard before he showed up as Richard's wife.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 12:15:01 PM »

I thought Ilana said that MiB was now stuck as Locke since Jacob had died.  Why Jacob's death prevents MiB from appearing as anyone else isn't really explained yet. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:18:12 PM by MachThree »

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 12:53:22 PM »
I think that every time we saw Christian on the island, it was MIB. (His motives make complete sense) 

The time we saw Christian off-island, post-his own death, it was just Jack's hallucination.  Like Hurley seeing Dave.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 01:27:17 PM »

I thought Ilana said that MiB was now stuck as Locke since Jacob had died.  Why Jacob's death prevents MiB from appearing as anyone else isn't really explained yet. 

She never actually explained it. She just said that he is stuck as Locke now.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »
I'm not sure that I think that any of the off-Island visions were MIB -- doesn't jive with "he can't get off the Island" for me.  But I'm now satisfied that every vision of Christian on the Island was MIB (guiding Jack to water in the cave, telling Locke to turn the Donkey Wheel, summoning Claire away from Aaron, talking to Locke in the cabin with Claire, telling Sun she had to wait for John Locke).

I think we're running out of episodes for there still to be partial answers when they provide one.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »
I'll have to go back and see some of the scenes again, but I think Christian on-Island was MIB, but Christian off-Island was likely someone/thing else. Perhaps Jacob, perhaps the Island, perhaps the same thing that is the freaky boy thats running aroundthe Island.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 01:48:34 PM »
I LOVED the answer to this. It makes total sense and ties everythin up nicely.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 02:43:14 PM »
I'll run everything down because I'm confused:

We see multiple instances of Christian appearing in the clothes he died in: He appeared to Vincent and tells him to wake up Jack and says "he has work to do."  Jack saw him on the island, Hurley saw him in the cabin, Jack saw him off the island.  Those are all I can remember off the top of my head.  So MIB specifically says that that was him.  And when he appeared off island, we even got a little hint with the smoke detector going off.

We also saw Christian appear in completely different clothes.  He appeared to Claire, held Aaron, and led her into the jungle.  We then saw them both in Jacob's cabin and he claimed to be Jacob's representative.  He appears to Michael and apparently keeps him alive and the freighter safe somehow before letting him die in a way that seemed more Jacob-like to me.  And finally, he appeared to Locke at the donkey wheel and pretty much told him how to leave and what to do.  And his orders were very much in line with the MIB's motives.

So I guess breaking it down like that, it makes sense that it was always MIB.  The things still bothering me are the change in clothes, and the how and why he kept Michael alive and indirectly helped everyone escape the island, especially since he apparently wants to kill everyone and candidates supposedly can't be killed.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »
I think the big mystery of what MIB is doing and why will be revealed in the next episode about him and Jacob. Because really, everything he's done has been so erratic, for anyone to think they know exactly what is plan is really reaching I think.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 03:15:36 PM »
Agree, and I am looking forward to finding out MIB's story. I do hope that they explain why he is different now. Because if MIB as Christian could "get off the island" (and by the way, good call on the smoke detector, Maxor127!), then how is him getting off now...after Jacob is dead...different?

And don't anyone say it's because he is inhabiting an actual body...he doesn't have a body because Locke's real body is buried. So I contend that he is still manifesting himself as a dead person, not inhabiting the body of one. Which is no different than manifesting as Christian....off-island.

Offline Lurker

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 03:30:05 PM »
To me it doesn't add up that Flocke was also Christian.  If he had told Jack that he didn't take on Christian's image, then Jack would want to stay and seek out answers to that.  However, the best play for MIB was to lie and try to convince Jack that there was nothing left on the island for him.  MIB lied to Richard, why does everyone take is word as truth now?  Just saying

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »
of course he has an actual body
he was able to eat a mango
he was able to punch and kick Richard's butt
Widmore's 2nd was able to hand him a walkie talkie and he was able to hold it

he is not inhabiting Locke's body, but he obviously has a real flesh and blood body

when he was Christian, he was just a spirit or ghost
but now that Jacob's dead he can inhabit a duplicate of Locke's body and he is stuck in it