Author Topic: Christian  (Read 6001 times)

Offline Lyricc96

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Christian
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:22:38 PM »
If Christian was Flocke all along, does Flocke have the ability to get off the island without anyones help? I'm asking because Christian was on the boat just before Michael exploded and also in LA at the hospital where Jack worked after he returned from the island!?!

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Christian
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:30:35 PM »
I'm guessing he was off island in "spirit/ghost" form, but now he'll be able to get off the island and actually have a body

that's why he had a big smile on his face when he was eating the mango after the ajira flight crashed. It was the first time in a long time that he was actually to eat and taste food

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:17:20 PM »
I'm kind of sad to hear that the "Christian" that led Jack to water was not actually his dad, because I thought that was a beautiful story - his estranged father helping him from the grave, giving him the courage to be a leader, etc.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:37:16 PM »
I'm kind of sad to hear that the "Christian" that led Jack to water was not actually his dad, because I thought that was a beautiful story - his estranged father helping him from the grave, giving him the courage to be a leader, etc.

It's interesting that Jack seems to have decided that 'leader stuff' wasn't working for him. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 12:27:04 AM »
The visit with Michael on the freighter could be explained because it was inside the radius of the island's effects. This was stated by daniel once. But the visit to Jack at the doctor is harder to explain based on what they have told us so far.

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 12:30:01 AM »
Are we to believe that every vision on or off the island was the MIB, or could it be only certain visions?

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 12:54:31 AM »
Kind of disappointed with the Christian thing, but oh well.  I was hoping we'd see more Christian Shepard this season.  His appearance off island bothers me too.  All of these explanations leave behind little nagging questions like that.  I'm still waiting to see how Aaron ties into all of this.  Which reminds me of when "Claire" called Kate and told her not to bring him back.  I'm going to assume that that was MIB as well.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 02:20:22 AM »
Yeah, I was disappointed too - I sort of thought I had it figured out - MiB doesn't take over bodies, he just appears as dead people - at least that's what I thought.  Now I'm rather confused as to what actually happened to Christian's body. 

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 03:17:19 AM »
I'm guessing he was off island in "spirit/ghost" form, but now he'll be able to get off the island and actually have a body

that's why he had a big smile on his face when he was eating the mango after the ajira flight crashed. It was the first time in a long time that he was actually to eat and taste food

You know, I like that explaination. Darlton addressed this point in their podcast I think, but pretty much avoided answering it, as they tend to do.

Offline lamporium

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 03:22:46 AM »
Are we to believe that every vision on or off the island was the MIB, or could it be only certain visions?

I believe in this. I can see MiB and the island both using Christian's form to nudge the pawns along the path that each sides want. The former being escape and the latter being destiny.

Offline muggle_born

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 07:44:36 AM »
How about when Ben's mother visits him on the island when he's a boy?  She didn't die on the island, so... just doesn't fit MIB's MO as described last night.  I'm starting to wonder if this is why they've always left so many questions unanswered--because they weren't actually answered and they were just making things up as they went.  Such a shame.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 07:49:07 AM »
Two things first Aaron is not a key figure in this with only a few episodes left unless he comes flying in with a rescue plan with Grandma on his side I think his place was just part of Claire's character and story.  I do wish they would explain Aaron's father's paintinings in Widmore's office.

And we have not seen Christian since the Dharma camp with him telling Sun it was a long journey to see her husband.
Funny how many posts we had saying that Christian was alive and no one appears to be moved that we have an answer.

Also I think the ISLAND has the ability to throw images of folks there!  Remember the island has it out for all of them

oh well, glad this mystery was laid to rest.  As to the off island antics I just take it as what it is cause the obviosly are calling some of this in.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 08:14:12 AM »
The visit with Michael on the freighter could be explained because it was inside the radius of the island's effects. This was stated by daniel once.

I don't know, when they time traveled for the first time the smoke from the Freighter was gone because it did not travel with them. However Daniel and the boat people did come along so they were inside the radius.

Yeah, I was disappointed too - I sort of thought I had it figured out - MiB doesn't take over bodies, he just appears as dead people - at least that's what I thought.  Now I'm rather confused as to what actually happened to Christian's body. 

Well that is what he does, Locke's body had to be buried as MiB just took his likeness. As for Christians body, maybe it fell out of the coffin when the plane broke apart and landed somewhere else on the island?

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 09:05:31 AM »

This isn't making sense to me. If MIB doesn't take over bodies and only manifests as dead people, then how is him getting off the island now - presumably only "manifesting" as Locke because we know Locke's actual human body is elsewhere - any different then him being off the island as Christian, or Claire, or whomever? The Christian reveal explains a lot of things, but I do raise an eyebrow at him being seen off island. Could MIB be totally lying, or at least, could there be a Christian AND an MIB manifestation of Christian?

As for MIB possibly as Ben's mom...did MIB say he could only manifest as people who died on the island? He seems to get inside people's heads (several instances where it seemed like smokey was taking photographs of people, felt like he was getting information from them), so he could have gotten inside Ben's head and manifested as his mom to manipulate him right from the get-go.  Ben had surely seen photographs of his mother. I always thought that scene was interesting because when 70's Richard found Ben, he seemed very intrigued when Ben told him he could see dead people.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 09:55:50 AM »
I think with only 4 episodes left it means when MIB says he was Christian then he was Christian in all instances. The show is wrapping up and they can't have MIB lying about it when this has been a major mystery.

Since he appeared as Christian then he probably was able to appear as Ben's mother, Yemi, Alex etc.... I think that is what TPTB were referring to in the scene last night. As the smoke monster he is able to see their memories (during the flashes) and then appear as someone they know.

Since MIB was able to appear as Alex  to Ben and was telling Ben to do whatever Locke told him then Illana was wrong. He can appear in other forms after taking Locke's body.