Author Topic: Touch vs. talk?  (Read 1035 times)

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Touch vs. talk?
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »
So if Jacob touches you, you're with him... but then MIB talks to you and it's all over from there?  Maybe Dogen was right!  I'm hoping not, though - I've been loving Jack this season and I want him to have a choice and not be forced in any one direction.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Touch vs. talk?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 02:24:44 AM »
Yeah, I really had Jack pegged as the candidate, not the last recruit.  I guess maybe the chosen candidate may be Hurley then - I'm not sure whom else among the six of them has really stepped up or had any focus upon them recently.  Bugger - I can't believe we have to wait two weeks to learn more - and "The Candidate" had better live up to its title and reveal just which one of them is it. 

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:11:26 AM »
I am guessing it will--in the last 30 seconds of the show......

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »
Well, just because MIB said "You're with me" at the end and Claire said "you decided as soon as you let him talk to you" doesn't mean Jack has gone over to the Dark Side in my book.

In fact, I took the way this episode played out to mean that they're heading for a "Jack and UnLocke will be the new Jacob and MIB" ending.

If Jack doesn't abandon ship, then all of the candidates would have been off the Island with MIB there all by himself, so maybe he was moments away from being able to escape.  He's allowed to kill all the rest of the minions who are still left (including Cindy, Zack and Emma), right?

Besides, MIB talked to just about everybody and they aren't "with him" and he touched Sawyer and Desmond to boot.  I don't think that stuff applies to the candidates (who have already been talked to and touched by Jacob years ago anyway).