Author Topic: What "They" Died For... Speculation?  (Read 6540 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What "They" Died For... Speculation?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »
I'm kind of Jealous. Don't want to know anything though. I guess I figured they were going to start revealing loads of major secrets. Its not like they can answer everything in the finale.

Aagh!  Don't open your mail!  I just answered your PM by telling you the one I read that agreed with one of your posts and I may have said more than you wanted to hear.  I couldn't stop myself!  I did warn you not to read further in the message before I wrote it, though.  Man, I'm sticking that apple right under your nose this time!   ::)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 02:40:03 PM »
Yeah not sure if you got my reply. Had a nice glitch there as I sent it. You didn't spoil me too bad. SO proud that I finally got one right.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 02:42:46 PM »
I'm kind of Jealous. Don't want to know anything though. I guess I figured they were going to start revealing loads of major secrets. Its not like they can answer everything in the finale.

Aagh!  Don't open your mail!  I just answered your PM by telling you the one I read that agreed with one of your posts and I may have said more than you wanted to hear.  I couldn't stop myself!  I did warn you not to read further in the message before I wrote it, though.  Man, I'm sticking that apple right under your nose this time!   ::)

I wanna seeeee!!!!!!  Tell me Lostie!!! Tell meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 11:21:21 PM »
OK, so now I'm wanting very badly to go back and re-read all of IAJ's posts that I can find to see what he guessed about some character we don't even know about yet that could possibly be correct.   :D

I hate to say it, too, but I think Kate and Sawyer and Hugo could all be toast.  I think it's entirely possible that everyone will die except for The Candidate, who I think will be Jack.  Well, Desmond might live.  But Richard, Ben, Miles -- all gone.  But then this timeline will all go *poof* and we'll be back in Alt Timeline and everyone will be alive there, so it won't matter anyway.  (But I will hate to say good-bye to Sawyer the Con Man even if Sawyer the Cop is still alive...)

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 01:34:18 AM »
As far as major spoilers go, I find that I am VERY disappointed when I go looking for them.  I mean, it takes away the excitement of the moment when you are watching when you know what's going to happen ahead of time.  I don't mind title names and I LOVE the sneak peeks that abc.com puts out, but that's as far as I'll go.  It's hard to NOT go searching for them, but I just don't want to ruin the anticipation!

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 01:07:20 PM »
I hate to say it, too, but I think Kate and Sawyer and Hugo could all be toast. 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Not Sawyer and Hugo!!!!!!!!!  (And unless they do something really exciting with Kate's character...not really sorry to see her go.)

Offline guzda213

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »
Maybe they're talking about 'Adam and Eve'? Just a thought...

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »
If you are referring to the title of the episode I think thats a unique thought. I think when we are told who Adam and Eve are we may have some sort of explanation as to why they died. Definately a possibility.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2010, 05:56:46 PM »
I thought for sure we were going to get some answers as to where those skeletons came from when the losties were in the 1970's, and Hurley even mentioned something about them going back in time again and dying, being put to rest there. Hmm...

Offline guzda213

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 10:25:31 AM »
Haha... I think I might of gotten this one right... chances are the next episode's title refers to 'Adam and Eve', I still might be wrong. We'll see... This was my favorite episode ever!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 01:44:50 PM »
Sad thought of the day...this will be the last few days of lost speculation...ever. Everything else will be analysis.

Offline cookieshoes

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 03:47:03 PM »
Actually, today might actually be the last day of speculation that we'll really ever get from the show.

Depending on how they handle tonight's episode, for all we know, they might make it obvious as to what the finale will be.
So, the finale might end up being like the season finales of past seasons, where we already know most of the plot. So what we do is mostly just see how it all plays out in the final hours.

I think tonight's episode is the last true "cliffhanger" that we're ever gonna get, because by next week they'll either have answered all of the questions, or they'll have gone out with certain mysteries deliberately left unsolved.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »
So help me if they end it like they ended the Soprano's I'm going to hurt somebody.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 08:35:13 PM »
Actually, today might actually be the last day of speculation that we'll really ever get from the show.

Depending on how they handle tonight's episode, for all we know, they might make it obvious as to what the finale will be.
So, the finale might end up being like the season finales of past seasons, where we already know most of the plot. So what we do is mostly just see how it all plays out in the final hours.

I think tonight's episode is the last true "cliffhanger" that we're ever gonna get, because by next week they'll either have answered all of the questions, or they'll have gone out with certain mysteries deliberately left unsolved.
I'm not sure I trust Darlton not to end the finale on a cliffhanger too :)

I can't believe we are 5 or 6 days from the last Lost ever.  I can't believe that in 6 days we'll know all the questions we're never getting answers to.  Or that we'll finally know the answers to some that have been brewing since season 1 (I hope).   I can't believe we'll never hear another "Walt!", or "Dude?", or "Dad???", see Ben's beady eyes or hear another *POOM* signaling the beginning of another week's (or summer's) worth of suspense.  Yup, I will miss Lost a lot, and especially all of the discussion online, which I know will continue for some time and might not end for a long, long time.  But now all theorizing and speculation will forever be futile.  Then again, I think it always was! :)  Very rarely has the show been predictable, at least not to me, and for that I have enjoyed it much more than I would have otherwise.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 08:50:34 PM »
So help me if they end it like they ended the Soprano's I'm going to hurt somebody.

I'm one of the few people that actually liked the end of the Sopranos and thought it was rather smart. I liked how they kind of put us in the mind of Tony and how he will live the rest of his life never knowing if some hit is around the corner, or if his family is going to get hurt because of him, or if the Feds will come crashing in on him. A constant state of suspense. Never knowing peace or even peace of mind.

So, if they do something similar...though I believe it will be an original ending...I could see it working.