Author Topic: What "They" Died For... Speculation?  (Read 5936 times)

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
What "They" Died For... Speculation?
« on: April 20, 2010, 08:02:13 PM »
Who is they?  Do we have a coming blood bath of Losties?  For some reason, I have a feeling that Sayid is a goner (maybe after righting himself, so to speak).  I'm worried about Jin and / or Sun... one saving the other.  And I am most afraid for Hurley... they've been setting him up as the cuddly bear for the longest time... how gut wrenching would it be to lose him in the last couple of episodes? (Almost "Harry Potter"-esque.)

Other thoughts and reasons?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What "They" Died For... Speculation?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:53:24 PM »
I really think this is going to refer to maybe a group of Losties dying. Not sure if the ALT or Island, but I think its going to happen. I say Sayid is definately in trouble, unless he comes back from the darkside I can see MiB using him to off the Candidates since I don't think MiB can do that himself.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 02:06:43 PM »
Maybe it has to deal with Charlie, Daniel, Charlotte, etc.. who are alive in the alt timeline but 'have to die--again'?

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 02:29:34 PM »
Maybe it has to deal with Charlie, Daniel, Charlotte, etc.. who are alive in the alt timeline but 'have to die--again'?
I like the sound of this better than my thought, but I am afraid that my thought just may come true

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »
I suspect deaths in the main timeline are on the way, but it would be a relief if they were only in the alt timeline. 

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
As soon as I saw this title, that was my first question too. But is also raises HUGE expectations because whoever "they" are, getting an answer to why anyone died should be pretty major. Plus, this is the last episode before the last episode so the cliffhanger should be insane.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 10:32:45 AM »
The six candidates, I think, that were left on Jacob's list were Locke, Jack, Sawyer, Reyes, Kwon(?), and Sayid.  Locke is dead; Sayid's very soul is in question, so I think he is out of the running for replacement unless he does a complete 180 and goes all hero on MIB; so, my thought, and fear, was that we will see the remaining candidates (including Sayid) wiped out except for the chosen one, in 'The Candidate', then we'll get the backstory of MIB and Jacob in 'Across the Sea', and finally we will learn the basis and possible outcomes of this epic battle between MIB and Jacob in 'What They Died For' (and hopefully we'll find out who is/isn't good and bad by this time).  Then the finale will be the final battle where one side wins and everyone's fate is determined.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 12:16:27 PM »
The six candidates, I think, that were left on Jacob's list were Locke, Jack, Sawyer, Reyes, Kwon(?), and Sayid.  Locke is dead; Sayid's very soul is in question, so I think he is out of the running for replacement unless he does a complete 180 and goes all hero on MIB; so, my thought, and fear, was that we will see the remaining candidates (including Sayid) wiped out except for the chosen one, in 'The Candidate', then we'll get the backstory of MIB and Jacob in 'Across the Sea', and finally we will learn the basis and possible outcomes of this epic battle between MIB and Jacob in 'What They Died For' (and hopefully we'll find out who is/isn't good and bad by this time).  Then the finale will be the final battle where one side wins and everyone's fate is determined.

Yeah I don't think we are going to lose that many of our Candidates that soon. A few of them I think are certainly on the dockett, but I don't think 5 of 6 just yet. If there was only one left over the final four hours of show I think that could get...I don't know, basic? I still think alot of them are going to be taken out with a little help from MiB, and then we will see who's bad and whatnot. Or at least more on the Black side of grey.

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »
at this point I predict that all but one or two of the candidates will be dead, but this is just my prediction... clearly they are alive in the alt time-line, so I do not think this will be too "basic." Shouldn't the time lines eventually merge or something? Is one light and the other dark? Will one predominate in the end?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 01:02:26 PM »
at this point I predict that all but one or two of the candidates will be dead, but this is just my prediction... clearly they are alive in the alt time-line, so I do not think this will be too "basic." Shouldn't the time lines eventually merge or something? Is one light and the other dark? Will one predominate in the end?

I like your dark/light reference to the two timelines. That is keeping with the theme of the island. Perhaps if Jacob (light)wins the light timeline comes true and if the dark (MIB) wins then the timeline is the darker one.

Offline cookieshoes

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 04:06:54 PM »
If the title isn't referring to any of the Losties or the main/alt timeline events yet to happen, maybe it has to do with the atom bomb that Juliet set off, which caused the island to sink to the bottom of the ocean, which presumably killed all of the island's inhabitants (Dharma, Losties, Others, etc.).

If this action really did finally destroy the island, and kept the MIB from escaping, maybe that was "what they died for"? 

Otherwise, I'm guessing that the title is much more obvious, and will explain at last why it's been "okay" that people have been dying in the name of the island for 6 years worth of tv. So, I assume that we'll finally get the big explanation of what the island is, and why it's important to protect it, etc.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 04:31:12 PM »
Who is they?  Do we have a coming blood bath of Losties?  For some reason, I have a feeling that Sayid is a goner (maybe after righting himself, so to speak).  I'm worried about Jin and / or Sun... one saving the other.  And I am most afraid for Hurley... they've been setting him up as the cuddly bear for the longest time... how gut wrenching would it be to lose him in the last couple of episodes? (Almost "Harry Potter"-esque.)

Other thoughts and reasons?
Hey... three out of four ain't bad! (And I'm still worried about Hurley!)  ;D

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »
I'm guessing that the title is much more obvious, and will explain at last why it's been "okay" that people have been dying in the name of the island for 6 years worth of tv. So, I assume that we'll finally get the big explanation of what the island is, and why it's important to protect it, etc.

Yes, this episode will be the justification for why Jacob had to draw everyone to the island in the first place, even if it meant their deaths.  They have now shown us (well, most of us, at least) the dark side of MIB.  This episode will now show us Jacob's true purpose and why they 'had to' die.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 05:09:05 PM »

They have now shown us (well, most of us, at least) the dark side of MIB. [/quote]

HAHAHA. Made me laugh

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 06:44:30 PM »
I think I'm looking forward to this even more than Across The Sea.