Author Topic: Jack and (UN)Locke  (Read 1768 times)

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Jack and (UN)Locke
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:29:43 PM »
I probably shouldn't post this measly observation, especially since I haven't read many of the threads since Wednesday, but it just seems to me that with UnLocke greeting ONLY Jack when Hurley brings everyone to their camp, that Jack IS being singled out here as the person MIB wants to deal with. I've never been a Jack fan and kept convincing myself that he isn't going to be the MAIN hero, but it seems that his character is the instrumental one. That being said, I'm holding out hope that the reason UnLocke greeted him on the island is that in the sideways reality Locke will wake in the emergency room and will be greeted by Jack - just a set up for next week's episode - and not that the ultimate showdown will be MIB vs. Jack.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Jack and (UN)Locke
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:53:40 PM »
Isn't it possible that the reason that UnLocke greeted ONLY Jack is that they (Jack and Locke) have had this tension and competition (for lack of a better word) between each other.  Wasn't Jack also the only one who hasn't seen Locke alive yet?  Even though it's not technically Locke I'm sure it's bizarre to see the body of Locke alive and walking around.  It's kind of like Locke is saying, "Hi Jack, here I am, still alive, ha ha."

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:08:08 AM »
I think Jack is important. I think he will have to make the final choice between saving the island or
freeing MIB and he is the candidate.
But I also believe that he is connected to MIB, like
LIBBY: Hugo, do you believe that two people can be connected? Like soulmates?

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:28:45 AM »
ttheblackbox made some awesome fan vids last summer/fall in preparation for season six. Here's one called Destiny that reviews a bit of what Jack and Locke have been through together.

Jack seeing a walking, talking John Locke again... surreal for him, at least.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »
I forgot that Jack hadn't seen him yet...knowing that, it does make sense that UnLocke would only greet him.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 09:27:38 AM »
I probably shouldn't post this measly observation, especially since I haven't read many of the threads since Wednesday, but it just seems to me that with UnLocke greeting ONLY Jack when Hurley brings everyone to their camp, that Jack IS being singled out here as the person MIB wants to deal with. I've never been a Jack fan and kept convincing myself that he isn't going to be the MAIN hero, but it seems that his character is the instrumental one. That being said, I'm holding out hope that the reason UnLocke greeted him on the island is that in the sideways reality Locke will wake in the emergency room and will be greeted by Jack - just a set up for next week's episode - and not that the ultimate showdown will be MIB vs. Jack.

Your observation is correct.  VL MIB does not like to see Jack cause he knows that Jack fought Locke the entire way that he didn't believe him.  But MIB also, to me, read into people and he measures them up and he knows he has a foe here.  He also know that Jack has the intergrity and strength to finish the job and just might be his new Jacob.

Not a fan of Jack but I will accept his being the one in the end.  At this point I do not have much of a choice, but they did flesh this character enough to make his being the one in the end acceptable.  I would also be disappointed if he died.