Author Topic: Deals with the Devil  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Deals with the Devil
« on: April 15, 2010, 11:04:55 AM »
First off, I'm not suggesting it's as simple as that.  MiB is not really Satan, and the characters we see in the sideways timeline did not meet him at the crossroads and sign a contract in blood to be rock stars.

However, it's hard to deny that for most of the characters who would have appeared in Earth-X so far, one particular crucial aspect of their life will have changed for the better:

- Dogun: his revelation introduced the idea, though he said it was Jacob who told him his son would live.
- Ben: Alex lives and he has the opportunity to mentor her
- Hurley: without the bad luck/curse
- Sayid: Nadia lives
- Sawyer: the opposite of a con man
- Desmond: has the respect of Widmore.
- Miles: knows his father

- The Kwons: not married...not sure what else?
- Jack: a good father, but what else?
- Kate: her deal is yet to be revealed?
- Locke: back with Helen (though it would seem he didn't have the opportunity to strike a deal before being killed)

I'm not saying that MiB will have approached each of these people and offered them their one desire if they would cooperate with his plans.  It's just that a world exists, put into existence by The Reset, where (for many of the characters...but not all) their biggest life bummer is removed.

I speculate that this sideways world is a place where these burdens were never laid upon them...by The Island.