Author Topic: Richard, Ben, and Miles  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Tom Sawer

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Richard, Ben, and Miles
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:37:01 PM »
Was anyone else thinking that when these three guys left the others that they were doomed to die? I mean, come on, that leaves us with the three candidates and a pilot to fly them home (at least until they joined Flocke). I figure, Widmore and crew will kill off the rest of Flock's red shirts, so just the "necessary" people to the story are left. Richard, Miles, and Ben have no more purpose to the storyline, do they? 

Offline AlbertD

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Richard, Ben, and Miles
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 11:59:16 PM »
I think Richard still has a part to play. He was at the end of his rope till his wife inspired him. He seems very determined and isn't going to stand idle as he always has. You can never underestimate Ben. Miles? Dunno.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:04:01 AM »
Yeah, I was more thinking the other direction. The rest of the candidates plus a pilot...Flocke is going to love this. I havn't really thought about the remaining three.

I think you are right though, their days are probably numbered. I figure Richard will go because he has lived long enough and being reunited with Isabella in the afterlife would be fitting. Ben will have to go too, he's the guy you love to hate, so justice has to head his way. As for Miles, he's got great 1-liners, but it's hard to think of what other purpose he can serve.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 09:24:46 AM »
This made me think of how Ben said "Makes me wonder whats going to happen when the island is done with me." or something like that. I think you guys are right; they're doomed.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 02:14:51 PM »
Miles' fate popped into my head most prominently. Who does he have to love or even be strongly connected to? I can't think of one very strong relationship he has had in the show apart from his father.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »
Richard....will know.....what to do. I'm not quite buying that Michael is steering Team Hugo in the right direction. And I hope, in the end, that Richard and Ben will in some profound way be a part of resolving this crisis.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 03:04:43 PM »
Well, these three are probably still going to try and blow up Ajira - so I don't think we've seen the last of them by a long shot - I mean, come on, with 4 or 5 episodes left, we can't possibly have seen the last of Ben!  Besides, there has to be a final showdown between Ben and Widmore, doesn't there?   

By the way, slightly off topic, but has Miles ever heard the whispers before?  I'm curious what he'd make of them, with his powers.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »
It certainly appears that our three boys may be the ones who are headed toward final doom.  Richard will finally be reunited with his beloved wife, Ben will make some type of heroic sacrifice to the island and Miles...hmmm...not sure about Miles. Maybe he survives?

It's a crapshoot. I really have no idea whose gonna die. Maybe TPTB separated our groups on purpose to make us speculate whose gonna bite it.   I say we're probably gonna lose alot of our peeps. I have my tissue box at the ready!!!!!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 06:03:34 PM »
Richard....will know.....what to do. I'm not quite buying that Michael is steering Team Hugo in the right direction. And I hope, in the end, that Richard and Ben will in some profound way be a part of resolving this crisis.

Agreed. Michael hasn't exactly been a beacon of good luck so far. As soon as it was HIM giving Hurley instructions I was saying to myself, "Do the opposite. Michael is never right. WWWWAAAAAALLLLLTTTTTTT!"

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 08:48:26 PM »
This made me think of how Ben said "Makes me wonder whats going to happen when the island is done with me." or something like that. I think you guys are right; they're doomed.
[/quote

Griz exactly the island is done with them and boom.  Frankly I think the first will be Miles he took the diamonds from the grave and that to me would be a no no from the island.   Second will be Ben and last Richard cause he has some history here, but he has no clue what he is suppose to do.  He is grasping for straws or sticks of dynomite at this point.

Yeah bye bye Benny Boy!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »
As far as we know, Miles, Ben, and Richard are all headed to New Otherton to get more explosives, and one very important lesson I have learned from TV is that you don't show a fireworks factory, and not blow it up (simpsons, The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie show), so I feel pretty confident that we will see them again, soon, and that it might lead into the episode "What They Died For". Just a guess on my part.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »
As far as we know, Miles, Ben, and Richard are all headed to New Otherton to get more explosives, and one very important lesson I have learned from TV is that you don't show a fireworks factory, and not blow it up (simpsons, The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie show), so I feel pretty confident that we will see them again, soon, and that it might lead into the episode "What They Died For". Just a guess on my part.

I COMPLETELY FORGOT NEW OTHERTON HAD EXPLOSIVES!  I now feel even better about my prediction that MiB is going to use Jack to kill off a bunch of Losties. Send Jack in with Sayid and/or Claire. Set one of the Zombies up with Explosives....You do the math. Oh man, Why did they need to take a break this week?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 12:32:11 PM »

I COMPLETELY FORGOT NEW OTHERTON HAD EXPLOSIVES!  I now feel even better about my prediction that MiB is going to use Jack to kill off a bunch of Losties. Send Jack in with Sayid and/or Claire. Set one of the Zombies up with Explosives....You do the math. Oh man, Why did they need to take a break this week?

Because despite our loyalty, they hate us.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 12:43:25 PM »
Yeah they do. Leaving us in the dark for two damn weeks. And although Ab Aeterno was my second favorite episode ever, I'd really reather see The Candidate.