Author Topic: Best LOST Memory  (Read 10603 times)

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Best LOST Memory
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2010, 12:24:25 PM »
I rewatched the S5 finale yesterday, and I gotta say I really liked the sit-down between Sawyer and Jack:

"I don't speak destiny.  What I do know is that a man does what he does because he wants something for himself.  What do you want, Jack?"

"I had her.  I had her and I LOST her."

"What?  Kate?  Well hell, Doc, she's right over there.  If you want her back just go and ask her."

"No.  Its too late for that."

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2010, 02:04:57 PM »
My favorite memory has to be when Hugo fixed the VW bus and he, Charlie, Sawyer and Jin went on a joyride listening to Shambala. :)

Saddest memory was when Charlie drowned.

Also loved the scene when we first saw Ben's group watch Oceanic 15 flying over the island and breaking in half.  I got chills.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2010, 08:59:03 PM »
One of my favorite scenes not already mentioned is the one where Sawyer tells Jack about the man named Christian that he met in a bar in Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuoSMaQhLV0

"something tells me he never got around to making that call."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:00:49 PM by NoraCharles »

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2010, 06:09:54 PM »
Best memories, hmm..

-The recent reunion of Sun & Jin, but their death together was also the saddest. Kinda like a Titanic moment, you know?

-Another good memory... Hugo drives the Dharma van onto the beach, saving Sayid, Jin and Bernard from the others. Everybody loves Hugo, after all.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:11:45 PM by R3lient »

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2010, 10:21:12 PM »
Not exactly related to a moment in the show, but - season 3 of Lost and season 1 of Heroes ran at the same time.  Especially since Lost stumbled a bit for the first episodes of season 3, and then went on a long hiatus before resuming, the talk on the net was all about how Lost had lost it and how great Heroes was.  When it came time for each series' respective season finale, the general consensus was still that Heroes was kicking Lost's butt.  After the finalies aired, the general consensus: Heroes fell flat on its face, and as I recall a typical opinion on Lost was "Now *THAT* is how you do a  season finale"  Made me glad to be a Lost fan and to be a "man of faith" :)

And not to brag or anything, but I suppose I was probably reminded of this by the fact that it was announced today that NBC cancelled Heroes.   

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2010, 12:11:42 AM »
I cannot believe I did not think of this one...

"Help me."

When Ben took Locke into that cabin, and we were so tantalizingly close to meeting Jacob - the man/myth/legend - for the first time, I am sure that I did not breathe the whole scene.

Offline The Boy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 01:24:16 PM »
I was NEVER a fan of the show (or ever heard of it to tell the truth).  One day, I was sitting around channel surfing and came across this show.  It was the Season One Finale...one line from one scene just absolutely HOOKED me.  It was when Mr. Friendly and his crew meet Michael, Walt, Jin, Sawyer (i think he was on the raft) out in the ocean....and Mr. Friendly says "....we're gonna have to take The Boy..."

That blew my mind...and I was a FAN!  Later I found this website and took on the username "The Boy"

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 02:10:31 PM »
Yes!  That one was awesome!!  It was such a sweet twist.  I mean, they are so happy when they see this boat, and you know it's like the very end of the episode and season, and in the back of your mind you're thinking "well I know there are Others out there, but this can't be them, can it?!"  And Friendly was just so smug about it.  It was a great twist and cliffhanger.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »
Island going *bloop* into the ocean did it for me.  Totally blew my mind.  I was OK with the polar bears, could deal with Smokey and the Hatches and the heiroglyphs and Hurley seeing ghosts and Miles speaking with the dead and aaaallll that stuff.  But the Island can go *bloop*??!?   Really?!?

And I loved the scene right after it happened when Jack was all "No.  Nope.  Didn't happen." and Hurley gives him *that look* and says "Ummm... dude..."   ;D

Oh, and Hurley explaining to his Mom all that happened on the Island.  And she believes him.   :D  Awesome.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2010, 04:38:46 PM »
I can't remember if I already put this one on here, but I loved when Sawyer killed Tom and told him "that's for taking the kid"
not sure if it's good that I like someone getting killed, but the scene gave me chills when he said that.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2010, 05:04:57 PM »
I can't remember if I already put this one on here, but I loved when Sawyer killed Tom and told him "that's for taking the kid"
not sure if it's good that I like someone getting killed, but the scene gave me chills when he said that.

You know, that was a real point of recognition that Sawyer really really really is a good guy.  After all that crapola Michael accused him of when they were floating on the little pieces of raft...  Shows that Sawyer really was ticked off about "the kid." 

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »
I love all the previously mentioned WTF? moments so instead I'll pick the little moments.
1. The other side of the "no, WE'RE the survivors of Oceanic 815" radio conversation.
2. Hurley and Sayid on the beach listening to Glen Miller, Hurley saying the broadcast could be from any time.
3. Hurley being a big fan of Expose and not knowing that he's on an island with a guest star of the show.
4. Sawyer calling Jin Chewie and there being scenes that exactly mimic scenes from Star Wars involving Michael and Jin. Each speaking a different language but understanding one another, "No, no! This one goes there, that one goes there!" etc.
5. Libby being both in SRMH and giving Desmond the boat.
6. Getting to hear Mama Cass Elliot from a good vinyl source.
7. All the Gernimo Jackson references scattered throughout the series. It was like all the Big Apple cigarette appearances in Tarantino movies.
8. Unexpected Lost references in places like Chuck, FlashForward and Monty.
9. Sawyer reading Judy Blume with the same seriousness as John Steinbeck.
10. Juliet's hubby catching his last bus.

In other words, all the little things add up to one big "Best LOST Memory".

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2010, 08:07:42 PM »
I love all the previously mentioned WTF? moments so instead I'll pick the little moments.
1. The other side of the "no, WE'RE the survivors of Oceanic 815" radio conversation.

Man, I completely and totally forgot about the whole radio call - and seeing its flipside in season 2.  Both were moments that blew me away.

4. Sawyer calling Jin Chewie and there being scenes that exactly mimic scenes from Star Wars involving Michael and Jin. Each speaking a different language but understanding one another, "No, no! This one goes there, that one goes there!" etc.
My favorite Lost / Star Wars moment was Alex, Kate and Sawyer busting Karl out of Room 23 using "the 'ol Wookie prisoner gag".  Probably Sawyer's best line of the series.

2nd best Star Wars moment - Lucas's recent letter - "don't plan it out, just throw in some father issues and you've got yourself a series" (or something like that) :D

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »
I just rewatched the Incident and it is still mind blowing when Locke is revealed to be in the casket and dead and MIB is in the temple with Jacob--awesome, what a unforseen twist of plot that was!!!

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2010, 03:20:39 PM »
Season One:

- The whole opening scene of episode 1, season 1...just incredibly dynamic with all the plane parts and fire and dead bodies and injured bodies and dazed people and screaming and what not...and seeing Jack take charge almost immediately.

- "We're not the only ones on this island,and we ALL KNOW IT!!" -Locke

- Realizing Locke was paralized before the plane crash, with him looking at the empty wheel chair on the beach...and smiling.

- Sawyer retelling to Jack how he met his father in a bar in Australia while not actually telling Jack that it was his father. Absolutely beautifully emotional moment, for both men.

- The replaying of all the Losties boarding the plane in the last episode of season 1, with no dialog, just haunting music and everyone taking their seats in slow motion...just a TON of emotion in that scene knowing everything that we already know will happen to these characters (like Boone handing the asthma inhaler to Shannon).

- "We're gonna have to take the boy"...jeebus, what a chilling moment and line.

Season Two:

- Jack entering the hatch, gun in hand, and suddenly having that creepy music start playing (creepy within the context of the scene anyway).

- The Dharma training video

- Michael shooting both Anna Lucia and Libby...might be the most "Whoa! WTF?" moment of the entire series.

- "Got any milk?" - Ben, COMPLETELY owning this entire show from that moment on lol. I remember thinking "Holy s**t, who IS this guy?"

- "I was wrong..." - Locke, as the hatch starts to implode all around him.

- The sky turning purple and filling with that bright flash of light...and then seeing the hatch door come slamming down back to earth. Incredible.

The Rest:

- Sawyer's reliving of his time with Juliet after leaving the temple while Kate listened...extremely touching and GREAT acting by Josh Holloway. Kate breaking down and crying afterwards after Sawyer walked away seemed 100% right and completely real.

- Juliet being pulled down the hole in The Incident...power moment as well.

- The moment they first showed that Sawyer, Juliet and Miles hd joined the 1970's Dharma Initiative on the island...and were happy lol.

- Jack and Richard's "dynamite" moment. "Want to try another stick?" *thumbsup*

- Hurley coming to the rescue in the Dharma van and running over the guys about to kill Sayid, Bernard and Jin.

- Charlie's death scene. He had been becoming rather irritating at times to me, but that scene choked me up quite a bit. "Not Penny's Boat"...damn.

- "Help me..." - "Jacob"/whoever in the cabin to Locke, which is why I still want to find out exactly what the hell that scene was about lol.

- "He doesn't get to save his daughter" - Ben after killing Widmore.

- Sayid's incredible ass-kicking scenes while off the island on behalf of Ben (and then later in service of protecting Hurley). Man was one smooth assassin.

- Rose and Bernard telling Sawyer, Kate and Juliet that they are done running around the island trying to save themselves and escape fate, and that if they end up dying in an atomic bomb explosion, at least they're going to be together when they do. They seemed extremely content and happy...and Juliet's lingering look at them both before leaving was incredibly poignant and sad.