Author Topic: Best LOST Memory  (Read 11416 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Best LOST Memory
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:07:44 PM »
Let the nostalgia begin. Figured this would be a fitting place for some reminiscing and commiserating.

So what is your favorite LOST moment or memory?

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Best LOST Memory
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:47:57 PM »
Too many to list, but I loved the reunion between Rose and Bernard when the taillies were brought to the camp.  And Jin and Sun being reunited, too.  I'm a sentimental sap, that's all.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 01:04:08 AM »
definitely has to be Hurley trying to write Empire strikes back, and that whole episode with him, miles, and chang

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 01:38:58 PM »
The end of the Constant when Desmond talks to Penny on the phone.  I remember when I watched that I thought, "Well hell they can just end the series now!"

Offline The Boy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »
I've got numerous...

but the one moment that I remember yelling out at the TV was when Michael shot Ana Lucia. 

this is a vivid memory for me.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 02:49:05 PM »
Wow, too hard to pick one. But a few things come to mind in 30 seconds:
-Season 2 "Man of Science, Man of Faith," starting with some guy riding a bike and listening to a record...suddenly, BOOM!!! WTF???? HE'S IN THE HATCH??? SOMEONE LIVES IN THE HATCH???
-Season 3 "A Tale of Two Cities", Otherville when we first meet Juliet, the book club, I'm wondering whose flashback this is, then suddenly they all run outside and we see the plane crash overhead. Ben, Goodwin, Ethan...WTF???? THERE IS A VILLAGE ON THE ISLAND?????
-Season 6 "Dr. Linus" when Ben and Ilana were in the jungle and he was explaining himself. One of my favorite scenes ever.
-The first time we "see" Smokey coming through the jungle...WTF IS THAT???
-Michael dying, because my god, I was so looking forward to that.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »
Wow, too hard to pick one. But a few things come to mind in 30 seconds:
-Season 2 "Man of Science, Man of Faith," starting with some guy riding a bike and listening to a record...suddenly, BOOM!!! WTF???? HE'S IN THE HATCH??? SOMEONE LIVES IN THE HATCH???
-Season 3 "A Tale of Two Cities", Otherville when we first meet Juliet, the book club, I'm wondering whose flashback this is, then suddenly they all run outside and we see the plane crash overhead. Ben, Goodwin, Ethan...WTF???? THERE IS A VILLAGE ON THE ISLAND?????

Those 2 really stand out for me also. The other one that as a huge WTF?!?! was the Season 3 Finale when Jack is at the airport, the car pulls up and out steps....Kate. Holy Snot!! WTF?!?! They got off the Island, and it's not a flashback it's a flash...forward. *brain explodes*

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 05:14:51 PM »
Yeah that Flash Forward there was HUGE. Ab Aeterno was one of my favorites. Love Guyliner. I have a feeling I will be having a new favorite in Across the Sea. Call it a hunch.

Offline TvFantic

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »
The first flash forward has to be the #1 Best Lost memory.  Discovering they got off the island was a jaw dropping game changer.

My 2nd best lost memory is the hatch light turning on...I remember wondering what the heck is going on and the speculations all summer long

My 3rd best lost memory...Arnst go boom...and then a repeat this week with home chick (forgot her name) go boom.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 09:35:07 PM »
This is an easy one.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 09:38:06 PM »
No really.....

I love the suprising season ending moments or begging.

Favorite might be realizing that Kate and Jack were off island future at the airport.
Loved the Juliet baking/bookclub scene and realizing they are on the island, plane crashing and that awesome pan out to show the whole Otherville and island. Jaw dropping moments like that.

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 11:59:22 PM »
I loved the scene at the beginning of There's No Place Like Home Part 1 when we see the Oceanic 6 and then the camera cuts out and we see the plane landing in Hawaii and they come out and are seeing their families for the first time.  There was no dialogue, just music, and in slo-mo, and I was thinking that early on I would have thought that would have been the last scene of the series.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 02:05:12 AM »
The whole episode with Charlie's Greatest Hits. Great episode.

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 10:20:04 AM »
The whole episode with Charlie's Greatest Hits. Great episode.
Absolutely loved that one - so many good scenes in there, and one that comes to mind is Charlie playing "Wonderwall" on the street in London, a mirror image to when he played it in front of Desmond during "Flashes Before Your Eyes."  This was a great example of using the music to illustrate the theme of the episode.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »
Way too many, of course, but I agree with:

The first flash forward and Jack's "We have to go baaaaack!"

The first visit to Othersville and Ben being left out of the bookclub - oh, yeah, and the whole plane breaking up thing!

And I'd like to add: the first time the timer ran down in the hatch and we saw the Egyptian symbols instead of numbers - I didn't know WTF was going to happen!  I didn't know if they were going to implode, explode, or get transported to Egypt and find themselves inside a pyramid!   :o