Author Topic: Best LOST Memory  (Read 12222 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Best LOST Memory
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2010, 03:27:24 PM »
Season One:

- The whole opening scene of episode 1, season 1...just incredibly dynamic with all the plane parts and fire and dead bodies and injured bodies and dazed people and screaming and what not...and seeing Jack take charge almost immediately.

Great list! I still remember watching when the pilot first aired, and that whole chaotic scene at the beginning, then after it was over I thought, "Now THAT is how you start a show!"

The rest, as they say, is history. To this day, I still tell people to not bother trying to watch Lost from the middle, just go back and watch that opening scene, then if you want to watch more, go from there. It's how I got hooked.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »
Oh, one more:

When Michael, Walt, Jin and Sawyer first set sail on the raft Michael made, and Vincent goes running into the ocean to swim after them :(...all I could think was "Poor Vincent, he's so loyal and loves Walt so much." Watching that dog paddling so hard and trying to catch up, only to end up turning around and return to the beach, was really heartbreaking. And the music really underscored it.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2010, 04:37:15 PM »
OH, and how about the Island disappearing?!?!?!?  "bloop"

This was the moment I went from being fanatical to casual observer.  Considered giving it up, but I was too far along.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »
Favorite episode: The other 48 days - The story, the music, cinemetography; everything but Ana Lucia

Favorite moment: Season 2 open - learning about Des and the hatch

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2010, 05:28:04 PM »
Ana Lucia was the worst part of the show. Just standing there she annoys me. Just watched ? last night, and her standing there telling Eko he had to help John I was completely annoyed.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2010, 05:29:49 PM »
I think my favorite Lost moment was the Pilot trailer....I knew this show was something special the first trailer I saw!

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2010, 06:33:41 PM »
Some others:

Season 1: 

Locke confessing to Sayid that it was he who knocked Sayid out with the tree branch - probably the first big mystery ever to be answered on the show.

Jack beating the hell out of Ethan after Ethan had previously bested him with apparently superhuman strength

Season 2: 

The moment when Desmond first appears to Jack and Jack remembers him

Locke, after viewing the orientation film, speaking for himself and the entire audience when he says "We're gonna have to watch that again"

Jack's anger as he's questioning Desmond if he ever thought the button was a joke

Season 3:

Charlie making his "greatest hits" list - especially when he gets to #1 and he writes to Claire "The night I met you" - I don't usually choke up but that one got me pretty good. 

Sawyer's conversation with Cooper, culminating with Sawyer offing Cooper

Mikhail, to Sayid and Kate:  "Why do we continue this charade, when we all know it has moved to the next phase?"  An allegory for the show at that point, I think.

The back and forth between Locke and Ben in "The Man From Tallahassee"  Ben:  I've lived on the island my whole life, what makes you think you know more about it than I do? Locke:  Because you're in a wheelchair, and I'm not.  Locke:  What makes you think you can possibly help me?  Ben:  Because I'm in a wheelchair, and you're not

Sayid, arms bound behind him, takes out the Other using nothing but his legs, and snaps the guy's neck.

Locke knifing Naomi and then threatening to kill Jack, only to resolve himself that Jack was going to call for help

Season 4: 

All of the freighter-folk flashbacks - Charlotte discovering polar bear remains in Tunisia, Farraday crying inexplicably when the news report about 815 comes on, and Frank recognizing that the sunken pilot wasn't the real pilot of 815.

Keamy Kills Alex & Ben summons Smokey

Hurley, Ben, and an Apollo bar

Ben:  You couldn't find the antheriums, could you?

Jack denying the island was moved by Locke, and Hurley saying well what do you think happened then?

Season 5:

Ben:  "That was my lawyer"

Ben takes out Ceasar with Ceasar's own gun

Sawyer lamenting how he lost Kate and now she doesn't even matter to him any more, only for her to show up at the end of the episode

Smokey judges Ben

Jeremy Bentham goes to Kate .... "I was angry"  "Look how far you've come"

Jack:  Whereever you are John, you must be laughing your ass off.

Jack refusing to help Ben

Kate later asking Jack "do you know who you sound like?"

Ben saves Locke from hanging himself, then promptly strangles him.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2010, 10:22:44 PM »
Hmmm...let's see...

In the beginning when they first heard the french woman on the radio and Shannon translated.  Sayid saying it had been repeating on a loop for 15 years.  I remember feeling really creeped out by that whole scene.

The "we're going to have to take the boy" moment on the raft.  Again, that really creeped me out.

Locke and Desmond in the hatch when the everything goes crazy (the first time) and Desmond almost whispers, "I think I crashed your plane."

Charlies whole death scene and "Not Penny's Boat"  so sad.

The phonecall between Des and Penny on the freighter.

The what the heck moment of "we have to go baaaack."

Pretty much every season finale.

I also loved all of the touching moments between the group, the reunitings, the montages, usually the stuff played in slow motion, and that damn music just made every moment great.  I've had "sad lost music" in my head all week and it's killing me that it's almost over.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:01:19 AM by WhatThe »

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2010, 03:10:52 AM »
Alex getting shot and killed by Keamy...that was a real WTF moment...

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2010, 03:20:02 AM »
By the way, really nice recap of the series on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItJ85wsmD5g&feature=related

The follow-up videos are on the right. It reminds me of exactly why I got so freaking hooked on this show to begin with lol.

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »
I didn't give Lost a chance during the 1st season.  I got hooked that summer with reruns, when I realized how awesome of a show it was.  That's one of my favorite moments...when I first got hooked.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2010, 10:53:37 AM »
Ben telling Jack the Red Sox won the World Series, and then playing the final out on the vcr for him since he didn't believe ("you could have said any other team...").

Besides for me being a huge Sox fan, it was just so cool to see the look on Jack's face when he realized, for the first time, that the outside world does still exist, and the Others actually had contact with it.

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 12:58:36 AM »
Charlie saying something like "Where are we guys?" that is how I remember the line although I may not be correct...and I was thinking the same thing. I loved seasons 1 and 2. I enjoyed being a member of this website! Ya'll had great insight, many of you called it very early! And I loved the last few seconds of the show. A dog come to be with a man as he closes his eyes.  Indeed we all die sometime.

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2010, 01:46:26 AM »
Way too many to mention but a few that come to mind where the ones where I went WTF..

Topping that list was the pullback shot showing the Dharmaville barracks

Dr. Arzt blowing up made me go whoa didn't see that coming lol

Loved the Jin and Sun reunion when he returned from being with the Tailies but then that was completely overshadowed by Rose and Bernard.. what a moment

Cried when Charlie left his DriveShaft ring in Aaron's cradle.. and then loved when Sun found it

But I think the most heartfelt moment was the phone call between Desmond and Penny .. wow that was just amazing.  Followed up by them seeing each other again on the boat..

Charlie dying.. no words :(

Add to that all the amazing one-liners we got for 6 years .. the best of which pretty much came from Michael Emerson and his unbelievable portrayal.. Can never forget ... Do you guys have any milk?