Author Topic: Was Michael the MIB?  (Read 5055 times)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Was Michael the MIB?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 10:01:46 AM »
MIB wanted all the candidates together and Michael got Hurley to get them to come. It still sounds suspicious to me.  It sounds like when Alex appeared to Ben and 'to do whatever John Locke' says to do. Wasn't that MIB in the form of Alex? So I think Illana was wrong. Since MIB was able to appear as Alex to Ben and was telling Ben to do whatever Locke told him then Illana was wrong. He can appear in other forms after taking Locke's body.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »
I think Illana meant that MIB couldn't change forms now that Jacob is dead. Jacob was still alive when he pulled the Alex trick. But you are right in that she still could have been wrong.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 01:37:29 PM »
She COULD have been wrong, but I have a feeling this was another case of Michael effing up again.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 09:30:14 PM »
I believe that Ilana is correct he has not appeared as anyone else since they brought the body of Locke back to the island.
What reason does he have to be Michael.  I think Michael also shared what he needed to share the whispers and get Hurley in the right direction.

I don't think that was an MIB move

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 02:49:32 AM »
I believe that Ilana is correct he has not appeared as anyone else since they brought the body of Locke back to the island.
What reason does he have to be Michael.  I think Michael also shared what he needed to share the whispers and get Hurley in the right direction.

Still think Hurley effed up by listening to Michael. I think that decision may lead to some tragedy

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 08:36:21 AM »
IAJ - No doubt but I am banking that Michael is an "island" envoy and that he sends them there because of the island and nothing to do with Jacob/MIB deal.

I have no doubt tragedy will strike and of course what happens across the sea will influence what happens on the island (though I have my thoughts on that episode)

I know what you mean though ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:35:10 AM by LostinLock »

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »
IAJ - No doubt but I am banking that Michael is an "island" envoy and that he sends them there because of the island and nothing to do with Jacob/MIB deal.

I have no doubt tragedy will strike and of course what happens across the sea will influence what happens on the island (though I have my thoughts on that episode)

I like the idea it was a sort of an island prophecy sort of thing that Hurley misinterpreted.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 09:09:50 PM »

I like the idea it was a sort of an island prophecy sort of thing that Hurley misinterpreted.

Well I think the Island will have more to do with this than we give it credit.  I was watching something earlier and there is a potporri of mythology that applies here and with so few episodes left one can only hope

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 09:41:36 PM »

Still think Hurley effed up by listening to Michael. I think that decision may lead to some tragedy

Yes, Hurley effed up by bringing them all to Flocke on Michael's advice. He should have listened to Richard, Ben and Miles as then perhaps Sayid, Sun and Jin wouold still be alive!