Author Topic: Any Sideways TL mirror or reflection images in this eppi?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline jib22

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Any Sideways TL mirror or reflection images in this eppi?
« on: April 14, 2010, 06:32:52 PM »
I realize that many posters noticed that (in every episode this season) there was some sort of mirror or reflection image involving a main character during his/her time sideways sequence. Did this episode have any? I don't remember seeing one.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Any Sideways TL mirror or reflection images in this eppi?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »
Quoting from Doc Jensen's column today:

Hurley didn't get a conventional mirror moment. Instead, the fast food magnate got a short film praising his extraordinary and extensive philanthropy. Hurley saw a lot of himself in the film building parks, building playgrounds, all sorts of ''goody-goody bulls---'' to borrow phrase from Pink Floyd's ''Money'' but he failed to recognize the sad, comic ironies that we saw.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 07:57:05 PM »
I for 1 am disappointed we didn't get a shot of Hurley gazing into his reflection. I thought it was something they would work into each sideflash, but we lost it here. There have been alot of simple reflection shots, but I they have been different than the gazing looks in the mirror we've seen in the sideflashes. I was hoping I just missed it, but it looks like there was nothing to miss this time around :(

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 12:04:59 AM »
I for 1 am disappointed we didn't get a shot of Hurley gazing into his reflection. I thought it was something they would work into each sideflash, but we lost it here. There have been alot of simple reflection shots, but I they have been different than the gazing looks in the mirror we've seen in the sideflashes. I was hoping I just missed it, but it looks like there was nothing to miss this time around :(
Ditto. I'm going to watch it closely again tomorrow, cross my fingers, and hope that I'm wrong and Hurley glances into his reflection at some point.  :-\

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »
I thought I just missed his reflection, but there wasn't.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 04:05:25 PM »
I think I'll just pretend that he was staring at his reflection in the laminated Spainish Johnny's menu.

Offline jib22

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 04:14:33 PM »
I think I'll just pretend that he was staring at his reflection in the laminated Spainish Johnny's menu.

:-) I'm in. Let's go with that!