Author Topic: Rats! I looked away!  (Read 2192 times)

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Rats! I looked away!
« on: April 14, 2010, 04:38:06 PM »
Never tell your wife you'll help her with something (even if you are already in the doghouse for previous actions) while Lost is on TV.

I looked away to answer her... BOOM!!  I missed Ilana blow!  "What just happened?!!!!! Aaaaaaghhh!!"

Later, I turn to help her with the invitations to our graduation open house...BOOM!!  The Black Rock blows!  "AAAaaagghhhh!!  I'm not helping any more until 10pm!!"

Guess how big my doghouse is now?  Rats!

So what did Hurley do to blow the ship?

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Rats! I looked away!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 04:42:42 PM »
If you can beleive it, he somehow,  walked faster than everyone else to get to the ship first and blew up a stick of dynamite to ignite the otheres.

(Not showsn I am assuming, I know he didnt fly there)

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 04:50:11 PM »
He couldn't have thrown a lit stick at the ship.  The action of throwing it would have set it off.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 04:58:15 PM »
Dude, trying to multi-task during Lost? You know how thats going to end. You might as well have been wearing a red shirt while you're at it.

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »
Dude, trying to multi-task during Lost? You know how thats going to end. You might as well have been wearing a red shirt while you're at it.

LMAO! I second this... My girlfriend and I used to watch LOST with other people. Somewhere around season 3 we learned our lesson and we now watch it in our bedroom with the door locked and the lights off lol

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »
I am such a beyotch if someone calls me during Lost or tries to talk to me (which would be husband, since I make sure the kids are in bed before 9:00 on Tuesdays)!

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, tie me up in Room 23, right in front of the TV with my eyes held open, just like Karl.  Anyone who tries to interrupt me is getting Artzed. 

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 05:16:51 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, tie me up in Room 23, right in front of the TV with my eyes held open, just like Karl.  Anyone who tries to interrupt me is getting Artzed. 

...Or Ilanaed now lol

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 12:54:58 PM »
Right.  I hear you.  But consider that my wife doesn't care for any television and thinks I waste too much time watching it.  (I only have two shows that I like to watch: Lost and Chuck.  Other than that I'm easily interuptible if I'm watching anything)  She was trying to get graduation announcements addressed and stamped and wanted my help.  Considering that half the relatives are mine, and I'm "just watching TV" she expected my help. 

Also put this in the perspective that I am a typical husband - anything I do the slightest bit wrong and I get docked points in the game of life.   And there seems to be no way to earn extra points no matter what I do. 

There is just no way to put a stamp on an envelope straight without looking at it.  That's what I turned to do both times that things exploded Tuesday night.  Aaarrrgh!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 02:29:57 PM »
You can turn your Man Card in at your local office. The correct play would have been to say, "Yes Dear. I will help you....at 10 P.M." ;)

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 02:40:14 PM »
Hilarious, I thought I was the only one. I have already told the husband that during the series finale, he is taking the dogs down into the rec room and can't bother me until I say it's okay (which might be the next morning, that's why I'm taking the day off work). No quick peeks when he comes upstairs to make popcorn, and he can't ask me for the recap until a few days later. I will be a mess and he has already felt the wrath of khan when he dared to converse with me during a recent episode.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 05:56:16 PM »
"Yes, Dear.  I'll help you at 10pm" would have been a death toll.  She goes to bed about 9:40, so it would have meant "I'm not helping you tonight."  I would have found a very cold shoulder for some time.  Thanks but no thanks.  It was help me or you'll get none for a long time, if I understood the tone Tuesday night.  Does that lose me my Man Card?  Maybe so, but your advice would have lost me my nookie card.  Man Card or Nookie Card?  Hmmmmm....

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 07:09:24 PM »
Good point. It's easy for me to talk big over here in single-ville, but the nookie card is pretty damn powerful. Carry on.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 07:32:28 PM »
The nookie card always wins.  ALWAYS.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »
You can also rewatch on abc.com and I know my cable company has it available to rewatch after midnight OnDemand...