Author Topic: Dynamite on the Black Rock  (Read 6471 times)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamite on the Black Rock
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
Stop trying to tie thing we know into things we don't. Sorry to lash out, but they explained the Whispers. Told us what they are. That's it. Answered. Its not that they are tied into the BAD OTHERS. You keep flip flopping on who is bad to server your purpose OPG. Richard was goingto join MiB...but now he is one of the Others who are accompanied by the Bad Spirits whispers. Sorry bud, but this is getting kind of ridiculous. They have NOTHING to do with the Others with the exception of the Others using them to plan their appearances. They would watch and wait. Then the whispers would whoop up and they would pop out when the Subject was distracted. Sometimes a whisper is just a whisper.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »
when she said she had been training for this her whole life, Hurley asked her, "to blow stuff up ?"
and she said, "to protect you"

it was obviously to me from that answer that she didn't know anything about dynamite or explosives.

so its not so strange that she mishandled it and she blew herself up

also, Ben said, "I guess the island was through with her."

well, Ben is wrong. The reason she died is because its her job to protect the candidates, but blowing the plane up is not protecting them. It is in fact dangerous to them in some way we don't know yet. So the island killed her in order to protect the candidates

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 05:01:25 PM »
when she said she had been training for this her whole life, Hurley asked her, "to blow stuff up ?"

it was obviously to me from that answer that she didn't know anything about dynamite or explosives.

well, Ben is wrong. The reason she died is because its her job to protect the candidates, but blowing the plane up is not protecting them. It is in fact dangerous to them in some way we don't know yet. So the island killed her in order to protect the candidates

I actually think the group heading to MiB is going to turn out to be the "Dangerous Act" that Michael was talking about. Saying it would be all Hurley's fault. Hurley made the call to go talk to MiB and I call it. MiB is going to decieve them somehow and try to get them all killed. Mark it 8 Dude.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 05:11:25 PM »

I actually think the group heading to MiB is going to turn out to be the "Dangerous Act" that Michael was talking about. Saying it would be all Hurley's fault. Hurley made the call to go talk to MiB and I call it. MiB is going to decieve them somehow and try to get them all killed. Mark it 8 Dude.

2 things. First, I hadn't thought about that in that way, you could be right. I don't think it will get them all killed, but that is definitely a bad move on Hurley's part (But listening to Michael in the first place was stupid.) Second...MARK IT ZERO!!!! Mark it zero or you are entering a world of pain Smokey. A World of pain.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 05:13:09 PM »

2 things. First, I hadn't thought about that in that way, you could be right. I don't think it will get them all killed, but that is definitely a bad move on Hurley's part (But listening to Michael in the first place was stupid.) Second...MARK IT ZERO!!!! Mark it zero or you are entering a world of pain Smokey. A World of pain.

OVER THE LINE! Michael effed up yet again I think.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 05:13:46 PM »

Indeed...Achiever, or Amateur??

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
Stop trying to tie thing we know into things we don't. Sorry to lash out, but they explained the Whispers. Told us what they are. That's it. Answered. Its not that they are tied into the BAD OTHERS. You keep flip flopping on who is bad to server your purpose OPG. Richard was goingto join MiB...but now he is one of the Others who are accompanied by the Bad Spirits whispers. Sorry bud, but this is getting kind of ridiculous. They have NOTHING to do with the Others with the exception of the Others using them to plan their appearances. They would watch and wait. Then the whispers would whoop up and they would pop out when the Subject was distracted. Sometimes a whisper is just a whisper.

Did I say the whispers are tied to bad others? I said the whispers are dead people that can't move on and that after dead they are still emprissoned on the island.
Brian said that Michael couldn't move on for what he did.
Than I asked what all the other whispers are. Why do we hear them when the others appear and when Smoky appears and when Richard appears?
You hear me saying things that I dont say. You say that I see things that don't happen, but you just keep assuming everything yourself. The others use the whispers to plan their appearances? Who told you that?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2010, 08:24:49 PM »

Shut the F up, Donnie. You are out of your element. Michael pointed Hurley to Locke's camp. Mark it a zero or I cut off your johnson.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 11:24:41 AM »
Shut the F up, Donnie. You are out of your element. Michael pointed Hurley to Locke's camp. Mark it a zero or I cut off your johnson.

Okay, slow your roll man. You're mashing lines together. You can't Mis-quote Lebowski, it just aint right.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 01:08:03 PM »
Nice marmot.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 01:38:46 PM »
I see your point.  But how do we know that death was a bad thing?  What if she did do what she was intended to do and the island now let her die and move on to some place better?  Maybe Jacob now needs her to be dead, so she can see something in her afterlife that she needs to share with Hurley.  After all, we know there is some kind of afterlife.  What if Jacob needs to her to experience the afterlife?  I'm not saying this is totally my theory, but letís not jump to conclusions.

The problem is that Michael stated that they are not even free dead. They don't move to a better place,
but still have to stay on that island and weren't free to move on. That are the whispers.
So move on to a better place?

Michael is stuck because of what he did to get his son back, which can be considered to be in his own interest also.  Other characters that have been seen have also sinned for their own benefit.  Those who were more righteous in life are not condemned to the island.  Ilana was there out of her loyalty to jacob, not her own interests so she may have been free to move on.  This would also explain why Hurley has had visits from Michael and Ana Lucia, but never Libby.  Libby was good people.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »
Michael is stuck because of what he did to get his son back, which can be considered to be in his own interest also.  Other characters that have been seen have also sinned for their own benefit.  Those who were more righteous in life are not condemned to the island.  Ilana was there out of her loyalty to jacob, not her own interests so she may have been free to move on.  This would also explain why Hurley has had visits from Michael and Ana Lucia, but never Libby.  Libby was good people.

But Michael visited him on-Island.  So Michael's ghost is, for sure I think, stuck on Island, unable to move on.  But his visit from Anna and most of his other visits from dead people (except for Jacob, Richard's Wife and perhaps Dave) were off Island.  So ... for instance while I think Eko who visited him would certainly fall into the sinner camp, I'm not sure that Charlie would - the worst Charlie did IIRC was being a drug addict and tried to steal from his girlfriend's house once.  So he wasn't an angel but not really too bad either. 

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »

But Michael visited him on-Island.  So Michael's ghost is, for sure I think, stuck on Island, unable to move on.  But his visit from Anna and most of his other visits from dead people (except for Jacob, Richard's Wife and perhaps Dave) were off Island.  So ... for instance while I think Eko who visited him would certainly fall into the sinner camp, I'm not sure that Charlie would - the worst Charlie did IIRC was being a drug addict and tried to steal from his girlfriend's house once.  So he wasn't an angel but not really too bad either. 

Are you watching the same show as me?? Remember the whole Murdering Ethan thing that Charlie did??

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2010, 03:29:45 PM »
And why is Isabella stuck there after more than 100 years?
(Even if I'm still not sure it was Isabella, but that apart)
What did she do bad to be punished and not able to move on?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2010, 03:32:24 PM »
And why is Isabella stuck there after more than 100 years?
(Even if I'm still not sure it was Isabella, but that apart)
What did she do bad to be punished and not able to move on?

Well, if it was Isabella, which I'm also thinking it was not, I doubt we will ever know. Not nearly enough time to really explain more stuff about these unimportant characters. Like Ben's girlfriend from when he first arrives on the island.