Author Topic: God Forsaken Rock...  (Read 4711 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: God Forsaken Rock...
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »
Jacob already pointed out in the Richard episode that he does not have god like powers

I agree with Bob it is a saying
I wouldn't say he lacks god like powers at all.  He mysteriously brings people to the island, travels in time, doesn't age, grants other peopls that ability.  I know he can't absolve sins or keep people form going to hell.  That is only something Richard could do himself.
A gift from the island and it is only temporary for gods do not die! In my minds eye.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »
I guess I'm just fishin' for the Egyptian mythology...not God, but one of the gods.
Tawaret?
Cerebrus?
Who knows at this point?

not me...

I understood but in Richards back history, Jacob made is clear that he was not a "god" and not in those exact words.  I think what ever power he has comes from the island.  The island heals and the island as Juggy pointed out possibly provided Hurley with is ability to see and speak to the dead.  Sawyer can also see the dead.  The island also gave Sun and Jin the ability to have a child.

Anyway I understood, just do not believe it is a fact.  If I am wrong I will admit it ;)

I must have missed this before, but Sawyer can see the dead??

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 12:53:04 PM »
Jacob already pointed out in the Richard episode that he does not have god like powers

I agree with Bob it is a saying
I wouldn't say he lacks god like powers at all.  He mysteriously brings people to the island, travels in time, doesn't age, grants other peopls that ability.  I know he can't absolve sins or keep people form going to hell.  That is only something Richard could do himself.
A gift from the island and it is only temporary for gods do not die! In my minds eye.
A gift or not, they are god like powers.  And I didn't say he can't die, I said he doesn't age. 

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »
I guess I'm just fishin' for the Egyptian mythology...not God, but one of the gods.
Tawaret?
Cerebrus?
Who knows at this point?

not me...

I understood but in Richards back history, Jacob made is clear that he was not a "god" and not in those exact words.  I think what ever power he has comes from the island.  The island heals and the island as Juggy pointed out possibly provided Hurley with is ability to see and speak to the dead.  Sawyer can also see the dead.  The island also gave Sun and Jin the ability to have a child.

Anyway I understood, just do not believe it is a fact.  If I am wrong I will admit it ;)

If we are assuming the Blonde kid was dead.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 01:20:21 PM »

When did we start assuming that??

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 01:32:30 PM »

I don't know. Just figure that's what the reference is too.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »
I believe both boys are bound to the island as "ghosts" from the past and they can haunt MIB after all he is on the god forsaken rock.

and I am laying dollars to donuts that they are Jacob and his brother Harvey - yeah giving him the name of Harvey just works for me after all

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 02:37:54 PM »

the kid must be dead or a manifestation because Flocke was surprised Sawyer could see him

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 03:37:26 PM »
I believe both boys are bound to the island as "ghosts" from the past and they can haunt MIB after all he is on the god forsaken rock.

and I am laying dollars to donuts that they are Jacob and his brother Harvey - yeah giving him the name of Harvey just works for me after all

Harvey it is.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 03:39:18 PM »

This got me to thinking... what else did Sawyer see that he maybe shouldn't have?  Didn't he see Kate's horse that time?  Was there anything else?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 04:18:36 PM »

Fair enough.

Harvey it is.

I also like Harvey. Good call Lost in Lock.

This got me to thinking... what else did Sawyer see that he maybe shouldn't have?  Didn't he see Kate's horse that time?  Was there anything else?

I thought it was established the horse wandered away from the Flame station.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »

[/quote]

Never paid much attention to the Horse situation, but yeah that makes sense.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 04:33:36 PM »

Could be... if so I totally missed that.  But yeah, it does make sense.  So just another coincidence that the horse just looked exactly like the horse that caused Kate's car to wreck on that rain-slicked road with the Marshal... I guess if I'll buy all the other coincidences, I'll buy that one too.   :)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 05:01:31 PM »

Could be... if so I totally missed that.  But yeah, it does make sense.  So just another coincidence that the horse just looked exactly like the horse that caused Kate's car to wreck on that rain-slicked road with the Marshal... I guess if I'll buy all the other coincidences, I'll buy that one too.   :)

Not trying to be racist, but all black horses look alike.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 05:37:18 PM »

Could be... if so I totally missed that.  But yeah, it does make sense.  So just another coincidence that the horse just looked exactly like the horse that caused Kate's car to wreck on that rain-slicked road with the Marshal... I guess if I'll buy all the other coincidences, I'll buy that one too.   :)

Not trying to be racist, but all black horses look alike.

You'll be getting your letter from Al Sharpton shortly.