Author Topic: Who is the young boy???  (Read 8235 times)

Offline Abaddons Key

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the young boy???
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2010, 02:51:14 PM »
The kid is neither smokey or Jacob... he is whatever/whoever Christian is/was.  We know Christians body was "taken" but it couldn't be taken by smokey, he only gets one form and lockes dead body still persists.  Jacob doesn't dabble in the business of body snatching, so that leaves an unnamed entity we know little about.  Claire confirmed also that her "father" and locke were not one in the same.  I like bob's idea for sure, its something/someone to do with the island itself.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »
Yeah I was thinking about the Reverse Olsen Twins idea. I DO think that Jacob and MiB will turn out to be twins. Or at least brothers or something.

If they were twins wouldn't they look the same or alike as adults too?
I think Jacob and MIB are not brothers, but nephews. They share the same grandfather.
The boy was the same boy that Sawyer saw. I think it is Jacob/Aaron.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
Yeah I was thinking about the Reverse Olsen Twins idea. I DO think that Jacob and MiB will turn out to be twins. Or at least brothers or something.

I think Jacob and MIB are not brothers, but nephews. They share the same grandfather.

Kind of why I'm not on board with the idea, even thugh I think I'm the one that might have brought it up in this thread.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2010, 03:56:19 PM »

Okay once again off to the rescue from incorrect thinking on your part. Titus Wellever is not the real appearance of MiB he said so himself when he said, "Jacob took my Body".  He may have had purple skin for all we know.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2010, 04:04:44 PM »
Watching it live, my reaction was "this kid has dark hair but the first kid was blond".  Looking at the screencaps side by side, I'm not sure it's not just a lighting issue.

However, I keep waiting for them to have used the phrase "Bad Twin" in the series, and to me, they have never used it.  So along with the "Devil stole my body" bit, I could be on board with Jacob and MIB being blond/brown-haired twins (if that were possible).

I also think MIB's 1860's body is just some kind of F-Locke "loaner" body, so that could go along with them originally being twins.

I think the kid's appearance here was just a "you can't kill him" reminder, especially since Desmond also say him.  Also interesting that MIB touched Desmond (apparently with no effect) and he also touched Sawyer, who also saw the kid, (apparently with no effect also).  So MIB threw him down a well to get him out of the way.  Not sure if it's the same well where the Donkey Wheel is, but they seemed to go out of their way to say there was more than one, so I guess not.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2010, 04:06:31 PM »
Oh, yeah.  Plus, having the kid holding a stick when we just saw MIB whittling a stick for himself is a big suggestion that maybe that was a vision of himself as a young boy as well.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2010, 04:21:15 PM »
But hear me out...The first time we see the young boy, he has blood on his arms.  MIB was on the island as a child, he killed someone.  This made him evil in the Island's eyes.  Like Michael.  At some point, Jakob stole his body and MIB was turned into smokie and trapped.  Smokie then became able to take the form of others, temporarily.  Until of course the loophole which solidified him as Locke.  Now, the little boy running around is Jakob reminding him of the past and the fact that the rules were broken.  "You can't kill him"....

Just a thought....

Liking this train of thought...made me wonder. If MIB can get off the island now, does that mean Michael could too? Is that why he doesn't want them to blow up the plane? MIB can't leave...Michael (and others) can't leave...could Michael be Team MIB?

Just kidding. I think the brunette kid is a young Echo.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2010, 04:31:26 PM »
Oh, yeah.  Plus, having the kid holding a stick when we just saw MIB whittling a stick for himself is a big suggestion that maybe that was a vision of himself as a young boy as well.

But he wasn't holding a stick, he was just standing next to a tree with his hand on it.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2010, 04:39:45 PM »

They could be fraternal twins.  I do think they looked different, yet similar enough that they can be brothers.  Looks can change overtime so that siblings can look alike when they are young but look different as adults.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2010, 04:59:16 PM »

Okay once again off to the rescue from incorrect thinking on your part. Titus Wellever is not the real appearance of MiB he said so himself when he said, "Jacob took my Body".  He may have had purple skin for all we know.

Please just don't rescue me.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2010, 05:04:19 PM »
Do you at least agree that Young MiB does not have to look like the MiB that manipulated Richard into trying to kill Jacob.

Offline Bradislost09

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2010, 05:49:23 PM »
The kid is neither smokey or Jacob... he is whatever/whoever Christian is/was.  We know Christians body was "taken" but it couldn't be taken by smokey, he only gets one form and lockes dead body still persists.  Jacob doesn't dabble in the business of body snatching, so that leaves an unnamed entity we know little about.  Claire confirmed also that her "father" and locke were not one in the same.  I like bob's idea for sure, its something/someone to do with the island itself.

The only thing that locked MIB into Locke's body was Jacob's death.  Christian has not appeared since Jacob has been killed.  There is no other unknown entity on the island.  Actually, I am not saying that there is not, just that all unknown entity discrepincies are satisfactorly tied up. 

Offline Walkabout V.2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2010, 06:14:40 PM »
I searched Evil Twin for reason unbeknownst to me,myself or I and found this (please understand I am mostly oblivious to mythology and it's application to LOST so if this don't fit then lambaste me and as Hapu would say Thank you and come again.Source is Wikipedia. A little interesting...

The evil twin is an antagonist found in many different fictional genres. They are physical copies of protagonists, but with radically inverted moralities. In filmed entertainment, they can have obvious physical differences with the protagonist—such as facial hair, eyepatches, scars or distinctive clothing—that make it easy for the audience to visually identify the two characters. Sometimes, however, the physical differences between the characters will be minimized, so as to confuse the audience.[1] Both roles are almost always played by either the same actor, or (if the actor has one) the actor's actual twin.

Though there may be moral disparity between actual biological twins, the term is more often a misnomer. In many cases, the two look-alikes are not actually twins, but rather physical duplicates produced by other phenomena (e.g. alternate universes).[2][3] In others, the so-called "evil" twin is more precisely a dual opposite to their "good" counterpart, possessing at least some commonality with the value system of the protagonist.
The concept of evil twins is ancient and mythical. One of the earliest may be in the Zurvanite branch of Zoroastrianism. This sect distilled the general abstract duality of Zoroastrianism into a concept of manifest twins "born" of a monist (first) principle Zurvan "Time." In this cosmological model, the twins — Ahura Mazda (Ormuzd) and Angra Mainyu (Ahriman) — were co-eternal representatives of good and evil.[4] Ahura Mazda, representing good, was eventually expected to win the battle. The doctrinal foundation of Zurvanism lies in its interpretation of the Zoroastrian precepts of Free Will: Like Mazdaism (the other, and still extant branch of Zoroastrianism), Zurvanism emphasized that mortals always "have a choice between good and evil, and that one is always free to make the choice one way or the other."[5] Zurvanism took this one step further and considered Angra Mainyu "evil" by choice, rather than by nature. This characterization is important to modern uses of the "evil twin", as most examples are in fact opposites of their "good twin", rather than wholly evil.

Amongst the Mandika of southern Mali, the origin of the world is also attributed to twins, albeit fraternal ones. According to this legend, Mangala, or God, twice tried to create the world with seeds. The first attempt failed because he had but one seed. On his second attempt, Mangala used four sets of twin seeds. This experiment was more satisfactory, and soon a universe was growing within a cosmic egg. Ultimately, however, one of the male twins, Pemba, grew tired of being confined. In attempting to escape, he proved himself treacherous. The rip he caused in the cosmic egg begat the Earth. It also compelled Mangala to seek a sacrifice of atonement. For this, Mangala killed Pemba's innocent fraternal twin, Faro. When Faro's remains were scattered on the newly formed Earth, fertile land was formed.[6] Thus the Earth as we know it is the result of the treason of the evil twin and the sacrifice of the good one

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2010, 07:06:23 PM »
Some great thoughts here, Id be going with the idea that its the same kid, a young Jacob, seemingly getting older..... and a decent possibility that he will soon be his adult self again.
Its also fair to think that the two kids are Jacob and MiB, possibly twins or brothers.

Picking up on the scene where Des was thrown down the well, im looking at it from two different angles at the moment.

The most likley is that it could be the same well that Locke went down (in the time jump) and ended up with a snapped leg, right next to the donkey wheel? Good chance Christian will pop up down there again and tell Des to turn the wheel. As Des is known to be able to withstand more electro magnetic energy than the average cat could he turn the wheel all the way without being spat out in Tuniaia?

Second and more unlikley idea is that MiB Locke has memories of Lockes dad throwing him from the window, a big fall followed by an audience with Jacob. He knows Locke survived (most likley due to Jacob's interaction) so he does the same to Desmond? Im a bit stuck as to what i would expect to happen but its a back up idea in case the first idea is wrong.

My only idea on him running Locke over at the end is that Des may be of the assumption that they can all only live in one of the two time lines, killing ALT Locke may, in Desmonds mind, mean that Locke survives in the real timeline. Nothing to back it up as yet but thats my innitial thought.

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2010, 07:41:06 PM »
in my opinion, des ran over locke to make him have a near death experience in order to have flashes of his island universe.  like charlie did with des when charlie ran the car off the road.

i also think we'll find out next week who the boy is
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:31:20 PM by jodeci »