Author Topic: Whispers  (Read 6844 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Whispers
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2010, 07:46:27 PM »
PP - I believe that their ability to be places was one of the things they were trying to figure out.  I mean we all know Walt is alive, but I also wonder if the image of Walt was "used" by someone, who's name I fear to mention.

None the less they also could be images from the individuals mind the island used to assist them to their next place.

hard to say with this one, but that was my initial "frustration" with havign Michael deliver the line of what the whispers were.  Oh I hear dead people.  I mean I buy it and all but just a bit lame.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2010, 02:20:24 PM »
I'm alright with the way they explained the Whispers. The Walt thing is interesting and confusing, but after not mentioning it for a while it may be one of the things that changed over the course of the series. For example, it may have fit with the story when Walt appeared, but as the story progressed, things changed, and now it makes no sense. YAY continuity.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2010, 03:27:17 AM »
Not even Walt, but appearances of Harper or whatever her name is and the sudden appearance of pretty much any other Other, and Ben specifically telling Danielle if she hears whispers, to run the other way as if to say that it meant Others were around.  With that Harper episode, I thought she was dead given the creepy way she acted and the way she seemed to appear out of nowhere, but nothing came of it and everyone could see her.

I'll live with the answer they gave though.  I still think it could've been handled better.