Author Topic: Whispers  (Read 6909 times)

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Whispers
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »
well...I was starting to think that maybe Dave wasn't imaginery...maybe he was a ghost.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 12:53:52 PM »
I loved the answer of the whispers. So simple. No debating whether that was really the answer or not. It just is.

As for why Hurley can see/talk to dead people... come on, it's a sci-fi show. They're not going to be able to explain/answer everything.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »
Could be. Yeah if that turns out to be one of the instances where he saw a spirit before he was one of the 6. Hmm. Interesting. I think it is more likely that Dave was MiB in disguise with the way he tried to get Hurley to off himself. OR HOW ABOUT THIS. Just came to me. What if Dave was JACOB. Stay with me here. Candidates can't kill themselves right? What if Jacob was trying to help Hurley Realize that he was a candidate and all. Is flimsy, but a possibility in my book.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »
Could be. Yeah if that turns out to be one of the instances where he saw a spirit before he was one of the 6. Hmm. Interesting. I think it is more likely that Dave was MiB in disguise with the way he tried to get Hurley to off himself. OR HOW ABOUT THIS. Just came to me. What if Dave was JACOB. Stay with me here. Candidates can't kill themselves right? What if Jacob was trying to help Hurley Realize that he was a candidate and all. Is flimsy, but a possibility in my book.

Yikes, that is really thin. You might find some people willing to believe that, but I still stand firm that Dave was a hallucination/figment of Hurley's imagination. That's sort of what the whole episode "Dave" was about.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 02:44:38 PM »
Yeah.  I had been leaning towards the Whispers being connected to MIB (but I guess he has his own distinct sound).  But we've been told that MIB can no longer appear as anyone other than Locke.  So this Michael is definitely not MIB.  (But he seemed to be giving Hurley advice, which is [A] non-Jacob-like, as Richard pointed out; and seemed to be in sync with what MIB wants, i.e., don't blow up the plane.)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »
Yeah and I think it is this contact with Michael that is going to lead to Hurley making a decision that alot of people are going to die. Kind of the predicament we saw in The Incident.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 03:33:19 PM »
Yeah.  I had been leaning towards the Whispers being connected to MIB (but I guess he has his own distinct sound).  But we've been told that MIB can no longer appear as anyone other than Locke.  So this Michael is definitely not MIB.  (But he seemed to be giving Hurley advice, which is [A] non-Jacob-like, as Richard pointed out; and seemed to be in sync with what MIB wants, i.e., don't blow up the plane.)

Michael also showed them the way to find MIB.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »

Yeah and sent them on their way to MiB who is trying to kill every last one of them. Mark my words. You are going to be shocked when MiB carries out his plan of trying to kill all the losties. I Hope you come on here and try to defend MiB whenever that happens too. You are already doing it with the Desmond thing. Why would MiB ask Des why he isn't afraid if there is no reason TO be afraid. Immediately afterwards throws him down a well.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
Yeah I think the whole, "How Hurley got the power" is going to be left up to us. It may have been a power he always had which is why it was so imperitive for him to be on the original 815. He lands with the losties, the island amplifies his abilities, and he plays an integral role in defeating MiB.

The only problem I have with this is why his abilities didn't manifest until AFTER he was already back home.

He always had the abilities but he didn't need them the first time they were on the island.  The first time they crashed he was just a survivor with everyone else.  When he returned to the island the second time he had a mission, something to accomplish, and his abilities are now helping him.  Prior to this it just wasn't time yet, none of them were ready or knew what their purpose was yet.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 03:57:36 PM »
You know, it is interesting - the last time Hurley saw Michael, he had just finished killing Anna, his love-to-be Libby and led himself and Jack, Kate and Sawyer right into a trap.  Why does he trust Michael's ghost?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »
Yeah I think the whole, "How Hurley got the power" is going to be left up to us. It may have been a power he always had which is why it was so imperitive for him to be on the original 815. He lands with the losties, the island amplifies his abilities, and he plays an integral role in defeating MiB.

The only problem I have with this is why his abilities didn't manifest until AFTER he was already back home.

He always had the abilities but he didn't need them the first time they were on the island.  The first time they crashed he was just a survivor with everyone else.  When he returned to the island the second time he had a mission, something to accomplish, and his abilities are now helping him.  Prior to this it just wasn't time yet, none of them were ready or knew what their purpose was yet.

I like this idea. Hopping on board

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 04:01:20 PM »

Just doesn't work for me. It doesn't make sense that he could talk to dead people the whole time, but just didn't because he didn't have to.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »

Yeah and sent them on their way to MiB who is trying to kill every last one of them. Mark my words. You are going to be shocked when MiB carries out his plan of trying to kill all the losties. I Hope you come on here and try to defend MiB whenever that happens too. You are already doing it with the Desmond thing. Why would MiB ask Des why he isn't afraid if there is no reason TO be afraid. Immediately afterwards throws him down a well.

I will be here my love. Will you be here too if MIB turns out to be the good one and David Shepard?

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 04:50:31 PM »

Just doesn't work for me. It doesn't make sense that he could talk to dead people the whole time, but just didn't because he didn't have to.

Well, he doesn't talk to dead people at will.  THEY appear to HIM so I don't think he has any control over when they show up.  THEY were choosing to talk to him when he was ready to take on his mission (the second trip).

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 04:54:06 PM »

Well, he doesn't talk to dead people at will.  THEY appear to HIM so I don't think he has any control over when they show up.  THEY were choosing to talk to him when he was ready to take on his mission (the second trip).

Okay, I can understand that, but then that raises even more questions. How did they know they could talk to him?? Did they just take the chance and try to talk to someone, and just by chance, the first time they try, it happened to be the guy who can talk to them??