Author Topic: Whispers  (Read 6906 times)

Offline lostgirl2

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Whispers
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:20:43 PM »
So, we finally got an answer about the whispers.... but they must have some kind of power... warning others, taking or moving others to where they need to go....could Christian be a whisper or is he MIB?

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Whispers
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:24:10 PM »
Or perhaps he has been both.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 12:22:32 AM »
That was a big reveal. Whispers are not controlled by the Others. It looked that way for awhile. Guess they are just roaming around helping the good guys..... we hope!

Offline PMMJ

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:24:06 AM »
Jah, I suspect is was the ghosts warning people something was about to happen. Hence why they appear right before a number of tense circumstances...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 12:26:21 AM »
Has been one of my top mysteries.  Glad they addressed that, although it was handled kind of clumsily.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 12:28:29 AM »
For reference, lostpedia has transcripts for the whispers here.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Whisper_transcripts

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 12:30:49 AM »
I thought it was done ok. Hurley became aware and they made it a quick discussion on it. Not to forced.

Most of the whispers were about if the people saw them and what they should do. It fits that they were just observing what was going on.

Offline becksmex

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 12:38:08 AM »
Still, I wish they would address the question of why Hurley is able to see dead people...the fact that clued him into what the whispers were. 

Not bad, though.  The reveal makes me wonder how many ghosts are haunting the lost island.  Sort of a purgatory after all!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 12:51:43 AM »
Yeah I think the whole, "How Hurley got the power" is going to be left up to us. It may have been a power he always had which is why it was so imperitive for him to be on the original 815. He lands with the losties, the island amplifies his abilities, and he plays an integral role in defeating MiB.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 12:52:30 AM »
Has been one of my top mysteries.  Glad they addressed that, although it was handled kind of clumsily.

Exactly what I was thinking.  I know Hurley's always been the voice of the viewer, but in that scene he really sounded like a fan asking one of the actors for a scoop!   :D

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 01:49:00 AM »
So, we finally got an answer about the whispers.... but they must have some kind of power... warning others, taking or moving others to where they need to go....could Christian be a whisper or is he MIB?

Or perhaps he has been both.
That was my thought exactly!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
Yeah I think the whole, "How Hurley got the power" is going to be left up to us. It may have been a power he always had which is why it was so imperitive for him to be on the original 815. He lands with the losties, the island amplifies his abilities, and he plays an integral role in defeating MiB.

The only problem I have with this is why his abilities didn't manifest until AFTER he was already back home.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 12:28:30 PM »
Yeah that's true. It makes it a little funky, but that's just one of those things we are just going to have to deal with being left unanswered.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 12:31:43 PM »
Yeah that's true. It makes it a little funky, but that's just one of those things we are just going to have to deal with being left unanswered.

I hope not.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 12:34:01 PM »
Me too. I'm just preparing myself for some "It Just Does" explaination.

"How's the Posi-track on the rear end of a Plymouth work? It Just Does."