Author Topic: Answers from this epi  (Read 6992 times)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Answers from this epi
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
Tony is there is one couple I truly want to see happy ever after is them I mean it I love their passion for each other.  So we can only hope

I actually could do without Sun. I get their Love for one another and all, but I have never really liked Sun. Particularly the last couple of seasons version of her.
Agreed.  I just hope Rose and Bernard end up happy....like they all ready are.

Yeah I could do without seeing them too. I am pretty immune to the Mushy Lost stuff. Never got into the Jater Skater stuff either. Part of it is the forced desensitization (sp) because I have a feeling things on the sideways are going to start unravel. I'm ready to watch the wirters start offing some of our sentimental favorites over on the Sideflash. We've seen Rose. We know she is still sick. Could see her bowing out somehow.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 01:40:57 PM »
okay Rose and Bernard I just hope that where ever they are on the island under water wherever they are holding hands and if they died they died in each others arms as they are just a great couple.

As for Kate/Jack/Sawyer, I really believe Sawyer is done with her she just won't let go and that if she does live, we all know how much I love her, that she ends up with Jack and that they have twins that have blonde and dark hair and well let the tale go from there

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 01:59:54 PM »
Yeah Sawyer is done with her. His moment will be saved for Juliet somehow. As for Kate and Jack Ending up I just hope it happens in the ALT only if ever. Jack has MiB's demise to worry about. IMO

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »

Des was just giving Locke a near-death experience so he can start to remember the original timeline. Much like what Charlie experienced, and then showed to Des.

See, I just can't understand how that can be.  How could Desmond be sure that hitting Locke with a car (for Pete's sake!) would only result in a NEAR-death experience?  I'd say the likelihood would be high that it would be an ALL THE WAY death experience!  Unless... do you think Des "knows" he wouldn't die because of what Charlie told Des?  That none of them can die?  I dunno... it just seems pretty risky to me.  It seems to me like he was trying to kill him... but you may be right.

And on the whispers... remember that Rousseau heard them, too.  She told one of our Losties (can't remember who) when she was explaining who The Others were, that she heard them all the time;  she said "...they whisper."  (Of course, I don't think it was really The Others.  I think she thought it was, but didn't know for sure.)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 04:34:26 PM »

Des was just giving Locke a near-death experience so he can start to remember the original timeline. Much like what Charlie experienced, and then showed to Des.

See, I just can't understand how that can be.  How could Desmond be sure that hitting Locke with a car (for Pete's sake!) would only result in a NEAR-death experience?  I'd say the likelihood would be high that it would be an ALL THE WAY death experience!  Unless... do you think Des "knows" he wouldn't die because of what Charlie told Des?  That none of them can die?  I dunno... it just seems pretty risky to me.  It seems to me like he was trying to kill him... but you may be right.

No, you are right. It's a REALLY risky move. I mean it's a fine line between near-death and all-the-way-death. However, Charlie kind of did the same thing to Des and it worked out. Plus, we've seen these characters gamble their lives on life and death situations before based on their faith. Perfect example was the dynomite scene with Jack and Richard.

So, I agree, it was a really risky move, but perhaps Des just simply believes in what he is doing. If Locke dies, then that faith might be damaged, but if he lives...and remembers...then Alt Des is going to be a 1 man wrecking crew.

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2010, 05:12:45 AM »
Des got mixed up and side-ways des is acting like island des while island des is all submissive and acting like sideways des?

desu desu desu

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2010, 06:56:08 AM »
Des got mixed up and side-ways des is acting like island des while island des is all submissive and acting like sideways des?

desu desu desu

Lol. I would be a little confused too if I travelled to redo my life, could see the future, travelled between 1996 and 2004 and redid my life again and than travelled between two different lifes.
The idea of him being totally confused and trying to kill MIB in the wrong universe made me laugh.
I don't think that it is true.

I think the answers we got this epi are:
Widmore isn't looking for answers, only for power and is using Desmond. The island didn't bring Desmond back, Widmore did.
The island doesn't want the plane to explode.
Hurley himself decided to blow up the Black Rock and to join MIB.
The whispers are people who can't move on and are stuck on the island.
Hurley never saw Libby's ghost. (Michael saw her twice when he was alife in New York and on the freighter.)
Ben doesn't trust the island anymore. (but he trusts MIB less).
People listen to Hurley now. (since he started talking to Jacob.)
They can only leave the island together.
Crazy people can tell the truth.
Desmond doesn't know who MIB is.
Two people can be connected, because they are special to each other in a different life.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2010, 08:34:01 AM »
Yeah Sawyer is done with her. His moment will be saved for Juliet somehow. As for Kate and Jack Ending up I just hope it happens in the ALT only if ever. Jack has MiB's demise to worry about. IMO
Now there is a vision  Jack with two little people on his shoulder or a scale and on one is Locke and the other Kate and both have pitchforks  ::)

I think that someone else possibly in this thread or another wrote that Desmond hitting Locke places him back in the hands of Jack.  Whatever comes next could result in their recalling the island experience.

OPG Widmore has the answers he had lived on that island for a long time and his using Desmond is to reverse what his son Daniel did.  Mrs. Hawking told Desmond the island is not done with him.  The island has more power than Widmore trust me on this and they kept saying it. 
I would go on but

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2010, 02:33:44 PM »

desu desu desu

Lol. I would be a little confused too if I travelled to redo my life, could see the future, travelled between 1996 and 2004 and redid my life again and than travelled between two different lifes.
The idea of him being totally confused and trying to kill MIB in the wrong universe made me laugh.

Widmore isn't looking for answers, only for power and is using Desmond. The island didn't bring Desmond back, Widmore did.
Hurley never saw Libby's ghost. (Michael saw her twice when he was alife in New York and on the freighter.)
Two people can be connected, because they are special to each other in a different life.

I am pretty sure the "Widmore only wants Power" claim cannot be considered an "Answer." MiB spoke those words and has his own agenda on his mind, like always. Michael swaying Hurley away from blowing up the plane can't really be construed as the Island not wanting the plane blown up. I stand by my "Incident" theory that goes: By contacting Hurley like that, Michael himself will cause the death of a bunch of people that can be directly attributed to Hurley listening and Joining MiB. This also refutes your supposed "Answer" that Hurley went to Locke of his own free will. Hurley went to Locke because Michael told him that if he kept on his current path a lot of people were going to die. Calling it right now as I have been calling it for a while. MiB is trying to eliminate all the candidates. HE can't kill them. THEY can't commit suicide. He is going to find a nice little loophole again that when carried out will result in death for the Losties. May have something to do with the Zombies he has infected.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2010, 04:19:45 PM »

desu desu desu

I am pretty sure the "Widmore only wants Power" claim cannot be considered an "Answer." MiB spoke those words and has his own agenda on his mind, like always. Michael swaying Hurley away from blowing up the plane can't really be construed as the Island not wanting the plane blown up. I stand by my "Incident" theory that goes: By contacting Hurley like that, Michael himself will cause the death of a bunch of people that can be directly attributed to Hurley listening and Joining MiB. This also refutes your supposed "Answer" that Hurley went to Locke of his own free will. Hurley went to Locke because Michael told him that if he kept on his current path a lot of people were going to die. Calling it right now as I have been calling it for a while. MiB is trying to eliminate all the candidates. HE can't kill them. THEY can't commit suicide. He is going to find a nice little loophole again that when carried out will result in death for the Losties. May have something to do with the Zombies he has infected.

My thoughts exactly.  When Hurley said to MIB, "We won't do anything and I want your word you won't either" the first thing MIB did was glance at Sayid!  Sure, MIB won't 'do' anything, the crazy Iraqi will!