Author Topic: Desmond hit Locke because....  (Read 4667 times)

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Desmond hit Locke because....
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:11:16 PM »
? ? ?

what the heck what that about  ???

Offline imcrazy0088

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Real Locke and Desmond
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:16:14 PM »
he done run over john  ???   i think he may be pullin a charlie-style-near-death-experience to get locke with jack, but i dont know how he would figure they needed to see each other.  maybe des is ticked off for being thrown down a well

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:20:47 PM »
I think it's more of the latter - - Des knows that Locke goes bad & wants to eliminate the problem before is happens.

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:23:40 PM »
I'm with Folly... Des knows Locke will be the embodiment of the bad guy.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 11:25:19 PM »
Des probably either time traveled and 'saw' Flocke and realized he needed to get rid of Locke or he is trying to get Jack to fix Locke.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 11:33:07 PM »
Locke will have a near death experience and remember.... Plus which hospital will Locke be brought to? Same one he was taken to when he had an accident after Ben shot Abbandon. Jack's hospital. Who will operate and fix Locke? Jack. Two birds with one stone.

Offline Bleon9

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Desmond hit Locke because....
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 11:57:33 PM »
The sideways world is the incorrect world and Locke is actually the smoke monster off of the island in the sideways world.  The reason Juliet said "it worked" is because the sideways world is what happens if they all get off the island, including fake Locke (smoke monster).  Desmond has to get all the other Oceanic people to remember their time on the island so that the correction can be made and the smoke monster is defeated on the island and cannot get off the island.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Desmond hit Locke because....
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 12:05:04 AM »
or he hit locke because he knew he would get taken to the hospital and would interact with Jack and in turn they will both remember the island. 

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 12:15:46 AM »
Are you saying Locke and Jack will have a love connection? Wow, I missed that subplot. I thought he just ran him over because (F)Locke threw him down a well.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 12:16:36 AM »
or he hit locke because he knew he would get taken to the hospital and would interact with Jack and in turn they will both remember the island. 

That is a risky move. Waht if he just killed him.

I thought he was trying to kill him. i agree more with the first post.

Offline PMMJ

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 12:22:29 AM »

I was thinking along the same lines. Desmond appears to be trying to get people in touch with their Constants, to whatever ends. Locke, being dead on the island, doesn't have another side. But near-death experience seems to give people a glimpse of elsewhere (as Des saw last week) so maybe almost killing Substitute Locke gives him a vision of what happens.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 12:29:06 AM »
My brother thinks Locke will die in the sideways and come back to life in the island world.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 03:58:11 AM »
I think it's more of the latter - - Des knows that Locke goes bad & wants to eliminate the problem before is happens.

No, that would be Des knows that Locke went bad, not goes bad. Killing Locke now wouldn't keep him from "going bad" later since he already "went bad" in the past in another timeline. (or his body/being was used by someone "bad", I should say).

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 05:43:26 AM »
isn't it 2004 when Des hits locke and 2007 when Locke "goes" bad ?
so it is in the future ?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 07:53:13 AM »
When Des was time travel microwaved by Widmore he had no knowledge of Locke's death and if he did, surely he has no knowledge that he is currently the smoke monster. If he really did take his conscience to the ATL and as some suggested, left some knowledge behind. Des has no reason to believe that Locke is evil and threw him down a well since it did not happen before the magic Easy Bake Oven.

I agree that he is trying to get Locke and Jack together, but I think he could have been a little more delicate in his approach.