Author Topic: Screencaps  (Read 6476 times)

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Screencaps
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 05:45:55 AM »
Was the kid in the woods the same kid we saw last time? I thought he looked a few years older then last time?

And was the walking stick he was holding the same one that Locke was carving earlier in the episode?

Mysterious boy as seen in The Substitute.

The.Substitute-0842-jungle-boy-bloody

The.Substitute-1806-jungle-boy-Locke-
Sawyer

The.Substitute-1816-jungle-boy-running1

The.Substitute-1816-jungle-boy-running2

The.Substitute-1830-jungle-boy-barefoot

five toes on the left foot.. check

The.Substitute-1836-jungle-boy

The.Substitute-1846-jungle-boy-closeup

The.Substitute-1853-jungle-boy-walking2

Mysterious boy as seen in Everybody Loves Hugo.

Everybody.Loves.Hugo-2511-jungle-
boy-tree

towards the end of the scene it's apparent
he is holding a small tree and not a stick

Everybody.Loves.Hugo-2520-jungle-
boy-smile2

Everybody.Loves.Hugo-2521-jungle-
boy-smile3
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:13:38 AM by ericd543 »

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 06:00:34 AM »
scene in Locke's camp, Locke sharpening potential spear, trades head tilts with Desmond

Everybody.Loves.Hugo-1048-camp-
Locke-stick

Everybody.Loves.Hugo-1203-camp-
Desmond

Everybody.Loves.Hugo-1206-camp-
Locke

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 07:13:37 AM »
The kid looks the same but older. Could be the darker hair. i think they are trying to show the kid getting older.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 08:07:21 AM »
In the scene after Des talks to Hugo I thought the rear plate of Des' car was the same from last week, you know the car that went into the drink. After it hit Locke, the front plate didn't seem to match the rear.

Offline Matt56

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 08:41:44 AM »
Spanish Johnny's and Rosalita are mentioned in this episode.  These are characters in two Bruce Springsteen songs.  "Incident on 57th Street" and of course "Rosalita".  I know both songs very well.  I think I will look back on the lyrics of both songs and see if I can find any tie-ins.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 12:05:14 PM »
Spanish Johnny's and Rosalita are mentioned in this episode.  These are characters in two Bruce Springsteen songs.  "Incident on 57th Street" and of course "Rosalita".  I know both songs very well.  I think I will look back on the lyrics of both songs and see if I can find any tie-ins.

Everyone knows Rosalita, but I missed the Spanish Johnny reference, good catch.  I'll help with the lyrics, some of them are a good fit, but I wouldn't read too much into them.

Spanish Johnny drove in from the underworld last night with bruised arms and broken rhythm and a beat-up old Buick but dressed just like dynamite,
He tried sellin' his heart to the hard girls over on Easy Street,
But they said, "Johnny, it falls apart so easy and you know hearts these days are cheap."
And the pimps swung their axes and said, "Johnny, you're a cheater."
Well, the pimps swung their axes and said, "Johnny, you're a liar."
And from out of the shadows cam e a young girl's voice, said: "Johnny don't cry."
Puerto Rican Jane, oh won't you tell me what's your name.
I want to drive you down to the other side of town where paradise ain't so crowded and there'll be action goin' down on Shanty Lane tonight
All the golden heeled fairies in a real bitch-fight pull thirty-eights and
kiss their girls goodnight.
Goodnight, it's alright, Jane
Now let them black boys in to light the soul flame,
We may find it out on the street tonight, baby,
Or we may walk until the daylight, maybe.

Well, like a cool Romeo he made his moves, oh she looked so fine
Like a late Juliet she knew she'd never be true but then she really didn't
mind,
Upstairs a band was playin' and the singer was singin' something about going home,
She whispered, "Spanish Johnny, you can leave me tonight, but just don't leave me alone."
And Johnny cried, "Puerto Rican Jane, word is down the cops have found the vein."
Them bare foot boys left their homes for the woods
Them little barefoot street boys, they said their homes ain't no good,
They left the corners, threw away their switchblade knives and kissed each other goodbye.

Johnny was sittin' on the fire escape watchin' the kids playin' down the
street,
He called down, "Hey little heroes, summer's long but I guess it ain't very sweet around here anymore,
Janey sleeps in sheets damp with sweat, Johnny sits up alone and watches her dream on, dream on,
And the sister prays for lost souls then breaks down in the chapel after everyone's gone.
Jane moves over to share her pillow but opens her eyes to see Johnny up and putting his clothes on,
She says, "Those romantic young boys, all they ever want to do is fight,
Those romantic young boys, they're callin' through the window:
Hey, Spanish Johnny, you want to make a little easy money tonight?"

And Johnny whispered, "Goodnight, it's all tight Jane,
I'll meet you tomorrow night on Lover's Lane
We may find it out on the street tonight now baby
Or we may walk until the daylight, baby."
Goodnight, it's alright Jane, I'm gonna meet you tomorrow night on Lover's Lane,
We can find it out on the street tonight, baby,
Or we may walk until it's daylight, maybe.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 12:11:05 PM »
As for Rosalita, the only reference that seems to mean anything are two of the other characters in Bruce's story:

You pick up Little Dynamite, I'm gonna pick up Little Gun
And together we're gonna go out tonight and make that highway run

They may be names in the song, but they sound like a list of supplies for our losties' road trip!   ;D

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 07:48:29 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the man in the chicken suit is Alvar Hanso. I'd like to see a side by side. Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong.

Offline Matt56

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 10:33:43 PM »
From Backstreets.com

THE WILD, THE INNOCENT, & THE DHARMA INITIATIVE
For those watching last night's Lost, Hurley's journey toward reuniting with island soulmate Libby took a decidely "Wild & Innocent" turn. Sitting in a restaurant called Spanish Johnny's, Hurley tells Libby that he thought he'd instead be meeting his blind date: a gal named Rosalita. Coincidence? Absolutely not.

The episode was penned by executive producers and writing partners Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, with Adam (pictured right) being a longtime Bruce fan. Married with infant twins at home, he makes it to as many shows as possible when Bruce and the band are in L.A. For the past couple of years, he's also been writing the Disney update Tron Legacy, which is set to come out in December. Adam and Eddy also wrote and produced episodes of Felicity, One Tree Hill, and Life as We Know It. When it comes to Lost, you can always know if it's an Adam and Eddy-written episode if it focuses on Hurley. Through the six seasons of Lost, the pair have become the voice of Hurley (Jorge Garcia ) and are very protective of his character.

Want to know what happens at the end of Lost, when it airs its final episode May 23? Good luck with that. Adam's not spilling, no matter how many shows you promise to burn for him.
- April 14, 2010 - Stuart Levine reporting

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 12:46:58 AM »
In the scene after Des talks to Hugo I thought the rear plate of Des' car was the same from last week, you know the car that went into the drink. After it hit Locke, the front plate didn't seem to match the rear.

In last week's Happily Ever After Desmond's car plate number is a constant 2SBI653

Happily.Ever.After-1335-courthouse-car-
plate

Happily.Ever.After-1926-car-plate

And in Everybody Loves Hugo his car plate number is something of a variable.

Everybody.Loves.Hugo-3423-beach-
Desmond-car-plate

Everybody.Loves.Hugo-4039-school-
Desmond-car-plate

a nod to 2 the FAN? Nice catch Writers_Strike!

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 01:20:39 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the man in the chicken suit is Alvar Hanso. I'd like to see a side by side. Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong.

Alvar Hanso side by side with Mr. Cluck

;)

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 01:46:37 AM »
I don't mean to be morbid, but I noticed the smoke consumes Ilana before the fire. I'd say the frame with her still there is CGI, and so the smoke would be an intentional effect, although gasoline bombs used in special fx do produce a lot of smoke.

Everybody.Loves.Hugo-0952-beach-
explosion01

explosion02

explosion03

explosion04

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:52:10 AM by ericd543 »

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 02:07:58 AM »

;)

Holy crap monkey balls! First of all, eric, you kick HUGE ass!!

Secondly...am I crazy or am I onto something with the Mr. Cluck = Hanso theory?

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 02:38:31 AM »

;)

Holy crap monkey balls! First of all, eric, you kick HUGE ass!!

Secondly...am I crazy or am I onto something with the Mr. Cluck = Hanso theory?

lol, thanks! I did think the upper right pic of the man inside the Mr. Clucks costume was oddly well exposed for being inside a costume, so maybe the face was photoshopped in there. It was a still in the slideshow for Hurley so it would be easy to do. Other than that I can't say it looks enough like Hanso to call it. Hang in there buddy.  ;)