Poll

Rate "Everybody Loves Hugo" and give your opinion of the episode in the comments.

2 (12.5%)
8 (50%)
2 (12.5%)
2 (12.5%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (6.3%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Episode 6x12 Rating  (Read 3245 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Episode 6x12 Rating
« on: April 13, 2010, 02:49:10 PM »
Tell us what you thought!

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x12 Rating
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:28:48 PM »
I gave it an 8.
Pluses
Evie's hair commercial - She looked hot
Michael and Libby were back
Des hit Locke (so he'll end up meeting Jack and Jack will fix him  ::) and Locke will remember Jack)
Illana blowing herself up Arzt style
Jack sitting back and trusting Hugo

Negatives
Sawyer and Kate just sit around acting scared s***less and not doing anything
Des fell for the old "Stand too close to an ancient well alone in the jungle with Smokey" trick
No Cheech
Michael's lame apology for killing Libby
Richard's crazed "Let's blow up stuff" rants are getting old
Sun and Frank realizing they did something stupid, but went along with Hugo's crazy plans (Didn't they learn from following Jack's crazy plans?)
Hugo blew up the Blackrock. I'll miss the old ship

A good episode, but Sawyer and Kate are ruining it for me. I'm waiting for them to bust out their old kick butt selves. I'm sure seeing Jack will jump start Sawyer. If it wasn't for Evie's hair commercial, I'd have given it a 7. She looked beautiful....  :-*

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:03:22 PM »

I think this episode should have been called DYNOMITE!

As soon as I saw the previews with the Black Rock Dynamite I thought
we will have pieces of Ilana.

Two things I found odd no pieces of her landed on anyone this time, it was as if she
just disappeared into thin air.  Yep pulling an Arzt but funny how the dynamite didn't do
that when Richard and Jack were having their little pow wow in the Black Rock.Okay seriously writers - Lil rolling her eyes on this one.

Oddly enough, Michael, out of all the folks "doomed" on this island for their actions
is the only one who can tell Hugo hey we are the voices of the damned? 
hmm does this mean that Jacob is gone now? After all he is the good guy ;-)

Great Hurley episode - you saw it and it was great!  Ronald move over Mr. Cluck has arrived and
he has a big beak!

The wells and the electromagnetic, well hot dang another question answered.
and "well" does this solve the Widmore lore, not entirely because I do not believe
all that Locke has to share. 
Hmm is that why Richard had the compass, the dirt, the knife
the rules, offering to Locke when he was a child. 

And who didn't see that moment where he was tossing Des into the well, but one without
a donkey wheel hmmm!  For the casual viewer this might work but we have hard core watchers, do they think we just fell off the turnip truck! 
Des played his part well in this episode and now he is collecting our friends to get them to travel back or at least be woken from the spell of the poppies. 
As a long time Locke fan I admit I knew what Desmond was doing behind the wheel
and I was screaming hit him, hit him.  I hope that it does bring back my man Locke, but
I have dealt with the fact that he might never be back to his old self again.

BUT the biggest thing for this episode was that finally after bemoaning this through the
The threads, to friends, colleagues and basically any ear that would
listen to this long believed theory that the ISLAND yes the ISLAND has the final
say in what will happen.

Richard asks Hurley if Jacob is there then have him tell you what the island really
is.
Ben remarks on how Jacob picked Ilana but the island blew up her in the end.
Michael also puts his two coppers in on how they are stuck on the island.

I am going with a 7 rating because the entire Richard knowing not knowing is lame.
After all of this time blowing things up is his answer, forgive me but Richard
you are not the man I thought you were.

Sawyer is getting annoying, Kate even more and when did she get hair dyed and all cleaned up? She must have just popped in from her commercial
But the use of the final hours of this tale appear to be wasted - drawn out with
Fluff and filler!   
If I want filler I will order a hot dog ;D

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 02:11:46 PM »
I absolutely loved this episode.
Great moments for me(in no particular order):
1. Desmond ran over Locke with a fracking car-OMG-Desmond rocked this episode!!!
2. Illana went boom-I did like her but she should not be throwing TNT around like that duh!
3. Libby and Hurley when he remembered!
4. Mike explaining the whispers and apologizing to Hurley(I really liked this scene)-plus the fun in chat with "WALLLLLLLLLLLLT"
5. Pierre Chang at the begining
6. Bye bye Black Rock KaBOOM
7. Previews for next week!!!! Willy Wonka!!!!!!!!!
Gave it a 9!

I agree getting bored with Kate and Sawyer....writers please give them something to do besides ask Locke where he has been and where he is going.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »
Great episode gave it a 9 proved my theories that Desmond knew the secrets of the time travel and Hurley the mystery of the island.
So how many are trapped like Michael?
Libby isn't is she why hasn't she seen Hurley?
Loved Desmond running over Locke, Locke had a good life in sideways, was he trying to kill him, to stop MIB or had a kinder reason didn't look like it.
Loved Hurley and Libby together again.

Jack's speech was good, nice change.
Zombie Sayid getting tiresome.

I remember Richard saying hey were going to kill the MIB then last night have to blow up the plane, what changed?

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 08:51:56 PM »
I'm giving it a 9.5 but that rounds to a 10 in my book!  Those don't come often maybe once or twice for me ever.  I would say greatest scenes with Jack and Hurley and then followed up with a great scene with Michael and Hurley. 

Desmond fell down a well hurry lassie go get help! 

Desmond doing a Locke Drive by priceless!

Smocke smirk and hello to Jack was eerie!

Hurley I dig you bud.

Libby ehhh nice credit card swipe action but I think it's time for a better boulder holder.

Other than that!

Go to it!

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 07:51:21 PM »
9 from ESB.  I loved it, and for the first time in several weeks it felt like a classic Lost episode.  Don't get me wrong - Ab Aeterno and Happily Ever After were terrific, but they were different that traditional Lost episodes in terms of the storytelling, and at times I felt unsettled.

A few observations:
- Des was not scared of FLocke -- did you see the look on FLocke's face when Des said to him "you're John Locke?"  It was like the rules changed for him and he knew Des was a threat and had to be exterminated.  Is John Locke really inside there, and is that what scared MiB so much?

- Des being thrown into a well.  Weren't we just told that he is the Variable and the savior and has to do something important?  How can he do that now??  Yes LiL, we ALL knew him getting pushed in was coming, and that was the whole point - we knew it was happening and we could not yell "run!" loud enough for Des to hear us.  It's classic Lost (and great story-telling) to put characters in terrible predicaments, and now we have to see how they will get out of it.

- Des running down sideways-Locke.  WTH?!?!  Is this going to kill Locke or will it somehow give Locke the memories of the Island and allow him to reconnect with his Island avatar or...  something?  I really have no clue.

- I loved Hurley on-Island and off-Island.  Jorge is so comfortable in that role and I liked seing his growth as a leader who will think for himself on the Island, and trust his instincts with Libby off-Island.

- I thought the Libby connection felt a tad forced and over-done, particularly with the beach scene (though they finally had their date!).  But I still enjoyed it - I liked that Hurley had something good happen for once, even if it's in this twisted other-world.

So overall, I loved it and I really get the feeling that they are starting to bring things together for the endgame of this show.  They are placing the characters where they need to be on the chess board, there were questions, answers, mysterious moments and plot twists.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 08:37:01 PM »
9 from ESB.  I loved it, and for the first time in several weeks it felt like a classic Lost episode.  Don't get me wrong - Ab Aeterno and Happily Ever After were terrific, but they were different that traditional Lost episodes in terms of the storytelling, and at times I felt unsettled.

A few observations:
- Des was not scared of FLocke -- did you see the look on FLocke's face when Des said to him "you're John Locke?"  It was like the rules changed for him and he knew Des was a threat and had to be exterminated.  Is John Locke really inside there, and is that what scared MiB so much?

- Des being thrown into a well.  Weren't we just told that he is the Variable and the savior and has to do something important?  How can he do that now??  Yes LiL, we ALL knew him getting pushed in was coming, and that was the whole point - we knew it was happening and we could not yell "run!" loud enough for Des to hear us.  It's classic Lost (and great story-telling) to put characters in terrible predicaments, and now we have to see how they will get out of it.

- Des running down sideways-Locke.  WTH?!?!  Is this going to kill Locke or will it somehow give Locke the memories of the Island and allow him to reconnect with his Island avatar or...  something?  I really have no clue.

- I loved Hurley on-Island and off-Island.  Jorge is so comfortable in that role and I liked seing his growth as a leader who will think for himself on the Island, and trust his instincts with Libby off-Island.

- I thought the Libby connection felt a tad forced and over-done, particularly with the beach scene (though they finally had their date!).  But I still enjoyed it - I liked that Hurley had something good happen for once, even if it's in this twisted other-world.

So overall, I loved it and I really get the feeling that they are starting to bring things together for the endgame of this show.  They are placing the characters where they need to be on the chess board, there were questions, answers, mysterious moments and plot twists.

Thumbs up E.S.B. it has been long tim since you sounded off pip pip cheerio

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 11:46:57 PM »
Thank you LiL.  :)   It's nice to actually have something worth contributing - it's been a while since I felt that way.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »
Thank you LiL.  :)   It's nice to actually have something worth contributing - it's been a while since I felt that way.
Yes, I noticed you were under the radar so to speak

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 06:31:42 PM »
I voted 9 because I love Hugo.