Author Topic: wat's significance of episode title ?  (Read 2050 times)

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
wat's significance of episode title ?
« on: April 10, 2010, 07:56:29 PM »
what is the relation between episode title and episode itself .  'happily ever after'  means des has happy life in alt universe or he   is going to live happily everafter now that he has met penny ?   .. it's just that other titles package , recon, dr.linus  were more clear  and in sync with episode itself

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: wat's significance of episode title ?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 08:54:10 PM »
I wondered this too.  I didn't exactly get a sense that anything was happily ever after in this episode.  What exactly is the title referring to?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 12:36:37 PM »
A little bit of sarcasm.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 08:18:51 PM »
...in the fact the practicaly everyone seems to be happy in the flash sideways....

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 08:58:12 PM »
at the bar, Charlie asked Desmond if he was happy. Des answered, "yeah, rich, good job, gets to travel the world"
but then Charlie asked him, "but have you ever been in love ?"
Des said, "sure many times"
Then Charlie said, "that's not what I menat" and then he proceeded to tell Desmond about consciences altering love
then he told Desmond he wasn't realy happy at all, because he (Des) had never experienced this kind of love

then at the end of the episode Des meets Penny, and Desmond finally knows what Charlie meant. Desmond fully knows and experiences consciences altering love

Desmond experiences a happiness and joy he never knew existed
He is going to live ... Happily Ever After

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 10:19:28 PM »

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 09:49:03 AM »
...in the fact the practicaly everyone seems to be happy in the flash sideways....

I don't have the energy to list all the characters AGAIN, but the only flash we have seen so far where the character seemed truly happy was Hurley when he was helping Locke.  And we haven't seen his whole story yet, so give it time.  He may turn out to be just as miserable as (IMHO) the rest of them.  I will point out one character, though because I think it sums it all up.  Go rewatch the scene where Locke is being helped off the plane and look at the expression on his face.  He may have Helen and his father, but that is not a happy man.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 12:23:45 PM »

I don't have the energy to list all the characters AGAIN, but the only flash we have seen so far where the character seemed truly happy was Hurley when he was helping Locke.  And we haven't seen his whole story yet, so give it time.  He may turn out to be just as miserable as (IMHO) the rest of them.  I will point out one character, though because I think it sums it all up.  Go rewatch the scene where Locke is being helped off the plane and look at the expression on his face.  He may have Helen and his father, but that is not a happy man.

Not even a little bit. He looks MISERABLE