Author Topic: Almost 100% identification of MIB  (Read 12799 times)

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Almost 100% identification of MIB
« on: April 10, 2010, 12:08:45 PM »
OK I KNOW WE'VE HEARD THIS THEORY BEFORE BUT I HAVE BACK UP

The Jacob & MIB episode coming up is set in Biblical Egypt this has been confirmed, it is almost 100% sure that it is about the brothers Jacob and Esau from the bible

Now in the Story Jacobs a prick, Esau is starving and asks Jacob for the stew he has, Jacob says he will give him the stew, if, Esau (Being the first born) gives up the birthright of being first born to Jacob, Esau accepts.
This could be what MIB meant when he said that Jacob stole his body, he was stealing his birthright BUT WAIT

It gets worse because also in the story Esau's father Isaac tells Esau to get him a meal for him to eat and if he does so he will bless him in the presence of the lord upon his death, Esau's mother hears this and deceits Esau by dressing Jacob up as Esau and making him bring the food to his father who then blesses Jacob[/COLOR],once again a poke of him being his body and humanity AND a possible reason that Esau said his mother (Rebecca) was insane because she loved Jacob more then Esau ""Isaac loved Esau because game was in his mouth, but Rebecca loved Jacob" and maybe the origins of "God loves you, as he loved Jacob" because of him being blessed to the lord

And so he vowed to kill Jacob but not until his father died, (possible reason for not being able to kill)

Now this is aaaalll just a theory but a kind of likely one, how this explains them being on the island and Jacob keeping Esau on the island i don't know maybe he's angry at everyone especially god so he wants to kill everyone idk, this is just for the backstory

BUT

Also in the story Esau & Jacob both gather large armies so that the two could fight, however the two end up reconciling (kind of how theyre making an army from the losties)

AND "Esau became a hunter, a man of the field, but Jacob was a simple man, a dweller in tents" a possible explanation to why Esau is always in the jungles and Jacob hides away in that foot

Also when born Essau was out first and on his ankle was Jacobs hand possibly meaning they would always be attached

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Almost 100% identification of MIB
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »

The Jacob & MIB episode coming up is set in Biblical Egypt this has been confirmed, it is almost 100% sure that it is about the brothers Jacob and Esau from the bible

I don't remember WHERE the show is supposed to be set, but the year is 23 A.D., which would be during the period of the new testament, not biblical Egypt from the old testament which would have been thousands of years before.  Jacob and Esau were not from 23 A.D.  Even if they were somehow granted eternal life when they were children and were still children in 23 A.D., wouldn't they have just remained children all this time?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Almost 100% identification of MIB
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »

I don't remember WHERE the show is supposed to be set, but the year is 23 A.D., which would be during the period of the new testament, not biblical Egypt from the old testament which would have been thousands of years before.  Jacob and Esau were not from 23 A.D.  Even if they were somehow granted eternal life when they were children and were still children in 23 A.D., wouldn't they have just remained children all this time?

I really don't think they are going to name MiB, nor are they going to have their story draw direct parrallels (sp) to the biblical story. I have a feeling it will be their way of telling a new Jacob-Esau Story without it being THE Jacob-Esau story that some people know. They Name Jacob. Then they give us the story about his twin brother who is just a scoche older and tell a story of deception and betrayal. Or I could be very wrong and they tell a different story. I think they are going to give us a preview of it where they tell us we are going to find out all about them, but are going to leave out MiB's name. Just a hunch.