Author Topic: Widmore's security system  (Read 3114 times)

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Widmore's security system
« on: April 08, 2010, 02:28:24 PM »
Just a couple of logistics...Do you think all of the components to surround a large area on the Hydra island  fit on the sub?  Is this unlike the security system that the Dharma folk had to protect themselves from Smokey???( or was it the "others"?)  In that case they had to disarm it to get back inside.   I was curious as to how Sayid walked on inside and apparently they are walking back to the boats to return to the large island.  Is it just high enough that Smokey (unlike Superman who could jump over  large building in a single bound) cannot leave his feet...or smokey apendages...Could Flocke just walk through in his Locke body?
Clarifications from those clever Lost  folk on this forum. I am always so appreciative of everyone's astuteness..

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Widmore's security system
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 02:53:02 PM »
Sayid can't feel pain, and MiB talked about needing that for a mission. Sayid simply walked through the Sonic fence unfazed by it.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:58:16 PM »
Sayid can't feel pain, and MiB talked about needing that for a mission. Sayid simply walked through the Sonic fence unfazed by it.

That is really clever. I didn't think of that.

Anyone else notice that Widmore's sonic fence seems like a kind of flimsy security measure?? I mean couldn't enough people just walk up to one of the legs of the pylons and just lift it and tip it?? Sure Widmore's IT thugs were there to shoot at Locke as he approached, but there is not nearly enough people there to be doing the sciency stuff in the Hydra station, and patrolling all of the pylons.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 03:01:21 PM »
Sayid went swimming. Widmore didn't protect the water, because Smoky can't swim.
MIB told he can't pass water and asked Sayid if he was a good swimmer and we saw Sayid in the water near the sub when Desmond was taken out.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 03:02:24 PM »
I just want to know where they fit all those pylons and what seems to be to Electro magnetic coils and box from this episode. The Sub is not that big to be transporting all this crap and a team of It nerds led by Tina Fey.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »
Well I said that seasons ago when they had a complete village and a lot of volswagenvans and horses and all the equipment to
build powerstations and gas for the vans and polarbears.
Did they bring all that with that little submarine they are travelling with?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »
I just want to know where they fit all those pylons and what seems to be to Electro magnetic coils and box from this episode. The Sub is not that big to be transporting all this crap and a team of It nerds led by Tina Fey.

Well, the answer to you good sir is that a wizard did it, plain and simple.

Well I said that seasons ago when they had a complete village and a lot of volswagenvans and horses and all the equipment to
build powerstations and gas for the vans and polarbears.
Did they bring all that with that little submarine they are travelling with?

As for you opie, I think that since the D.I. was moving all of that equipment, they probably used some other type of vehicle. Sure they use the sub to take people back and forth because the trip is a "little intense", but I hardly doubt that the equipment the D.I. carried to the island cared how intense the trip was.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 04:54:08 PM »
Perhaps the sub is like an iceberg, and we are only seeing the 10% of it that is sticking out of the water.

As for Sayid, I like the "he just walked through it" idea. On the other hand, he could have James Bonded his way in, wait for a guard to walk through, take him out before the shield went back up, then deliver a catchy line.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »
I want to go with the walk through idea, because we know that Smokey isn't afraid of water, because he was standing in the water the day after Illana found him and he was eating the mango. I think he can't leave the island because of the snow globe effect. IF that's still in effect.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »
All equipment was just dropped by Dharma food drop.   Duh!   haha

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 11:46:56 PM »
All equipment was just dropped by Dharma food drop.   Duh!   haha

I'm talking more along the lines of the supplies needed to build everything lke New Otherton and all of the stations. It would take forever and a day to air drop all of that.

Offline Xentro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 10:31:59 AM »
Perhaps the sub is like an iceberg, and we are only seeing the 10% of it that is sticking out of the water.

As for Sayid, I like the "he just walked through it" idea. On the other hand, he could have James Bonded his way in, wait for a guard to walk through, take him out before the shield went back up, then deliver a catchy line.

You made my day ! ;D

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 01:44:26 PM »
All equipment was just dropped by Dharma food drop.   Duh!   haha

I'm talking more along the lines of the supplies needed to build everything lke New Otherton and all of the stations. It would take forever and a day to air drop all of that.

But probably New Otherton and all the stations and such were built over an extended period of time.  If there was a constant supply line via air drops or whatever, it could probably happen.  Or there's always The Magic Box.  I mean, they have hamster-wheels providing the electricity, so why not?   ;)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »
You know Ben told the "good" guys that they needed the camp on the beach cause the water was to their back. 
So we all know that Smokey is not one to travel across water in that "smoke" state, as a matter of reference he never really comes to the shoreline as the pilar of smoke.
but as John Locke he stood in the water.

regarding the fence yeah that was a flimsly prop set again and I think we only see part of the sub, as subs are rather large.  I keep of thinking of Captain Nemo and his band of merry folk.

I was also wondering okay where did they get the Jurassic crate and what did this stuff just magically appear.  Sorry but once again I turn my head and buy into the crap that they forget to tell us about or show us.  We just need to to accept it at this point, season two I might fight for an answer but now why bother.  I roll my eyes ::) and say yeah okay.

you guys are great I love the humor some of you can bring to these threads.  Thanks for the giggle snort tonight- meant with kindness

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 12:16:21 AM »

That is really clever. I didn't think of that.

Anyone else notice that Widmore's sonic fence seems like a kind of flimsy security measure?? I mean couldn't enough people just walk up to one of the legs of the pylons and just lift it and tip it?? Sure Widmore's IT thugs were there to shoot at Locke as he approached, but there is not nearly enough people there to be doing the sciency stuff in the Hydra station, and patrolling all of the pylons.
or high tide