Author Topic: Widmore is the good guy?  (Read 11516 times)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Widmore is the good guy?
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2010, 10:51:56 PM »
OK, Opie, go ahead and justify why Flocke just threw Desmond down the well head first and how that is more acceptable than Widmore bringing him there against his will.  Go ahead.......

While you think of a coherent answer, if one is possible, I'll give you my advance argument against it.  He was BSing Desmond like he does to everyone and when he saw that Desmond wasn't buying it and was in fact not even the slightest bit afraid, he did the only thing he could do.  He removed him.  But don't worry, he left Desmond with the free will to scream on the way down!

He was going to show Desmond something and that something was not the well. Desmond will see that something in the well, that is a magnetic field and than he will be taken out again. If he wanted to remove him he would have smashed him high in a tree. But it was not nice.

I was totally wondering how Opie was going to explain this one. I gotta give you some respect, I didn't think you'd be able to do it and yet here you are. I don't know if you are being tongue in cheek or not, but seriously, didn't MIB have enough time to ask Desmond to climb down the well? And wasn't Desmond pretty amenable to any suggestion at that point to where he probably would have climbed down?

I think OPG is seeing a parallel show, seriously he was going to show him a magnetic field and he fell in.  That was premeditated and he went backto Sayid and said we are rid of him.

Yeah I have a feeling Opie is on some psychotropics over there. Clearly a premeditated and evil act from MiB. I wonder if she is getting a differen cut of the show broadcast over in her neck of the woods. I don't know how much clearer they could be apart from having MiB throw one of our favorite characters down a well with the intent to kill him....

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »
Wow!  I don't even know what to say anymore!  I feel a little bad, though, like I felt for Libby until Hurley started to remember.  But I don't think anyone is going to come along and tell Opie that she isn't crazy!   ;D

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2010, 04:17:22 PM »
Apparently I am being mean again according to someone on another thread, but I care not anymore. Yeah waching OPG bend and form things that happen on the show to fit her skewed ideas was impressive at first. Now its just downright sad. Still has yet to explain the Scowl MiB gave Desmond before the shove down the well. Then MiB follows it up with telling Sayid they are rid of him. Yep sounds like a good guy to me.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2010, 04:30:35 PM »
Apparently I am being mean again according to someone on another thread, but I care not anymore. Yeah waching OPG bend and form things that happen on the show to fit her skewed ideas was impressive at first. Now its just downright sad. Still has yet to explain the Scowl MiB gave Desmond before the shove down the well. Then MiB follows it up with telling Sayid they are rid of him. Yep sounds like a good guy to me.

Don't let her get you worked up, I'm actually enjoying the banter.  My favorite so far is when she justified Smokie killing the 815 pilot because he flew off course and brought everyone to the island, that bastard!

It will be fun to see the posts if/when she is proven wrong, and that's one more thing I think we agree on, that if she is proven right it will have been the worst twist ever written for the best show on TV.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2010, 04:35:24 PM »
Yeah I agree. WORST TWIST EVER. As for who said I was being mean it actually wasn't her. Someone else insinuated I was the bad guy again.

As for the Pilot I too thought he deserved to get disemboweled and hung from a tree for flying off course. Any pilot worth his salt knows that if your equipment malfunctions over an ocean you don't try to get through it without instrumentation, you just crash the effing thing. Don't want to chance that a mysterious land mass finds you and because of a lapse in faith from someone a burst of electromagnetism gets out and crashes your plane on a island acting like a cork keeping malevolence trapped either benieth it or on it.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2010, 07:12:21 PM »
I've been reading this thread with interest -- lots of interesting thoughts out there.

But honestly, I_Am_Jacob?  I wasn't the one on whatever other post, but hey, I won't insinuate it -- I'll say it flat out... you are being kinda confrontational in your posts to Opgelost.  OK, so you don't agree with the theory -- fine.  Why is it making you so angry?  Why do you have to put "effing" in every post?  Why do you do stuff like demand an answer?  If you don't like it, why can't you just let it be?  This is supposed to be fun -- a place where people throw out ideas for (I thought) calm discussion.  Heaven knows there's been plenty of crackpot theories tossed around on this site and some of them have even been accurate.  It seems to me like Opgelost has been very calm and polite with everyone who's disagreed with her.  There's no need to get angry and confrontational.  Chill a little!  Geez. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 07:13:55 PM by Madam P »

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2010, 07:33:40 PM »
I've been reading this thread with interest -- lots of interesting thoughts out there.

But honestly, I_Am_Jacob?  I wasn't the one on whatever other post, but hey, I won't insinuate it -- I'll say it flat out... you are being kinda confrontational in your posts to Opgelost.  OK, so you don't agree with the theory -- fine.  Why is it making you so angry?  Why do you have to put "effing" in every post?  Why do you do stuff like demand an answer?  If you don't like it, why can't you just let it be?  This is supposed to be fun -- a place where people throw out ideas for (I thought) calm discussion.  Heaven knows there's been plenty of crackpot theories tossed around on this site and some of them have even been accurate.  It seems to me like Opgelost has been very calm and polite with everyone who's disagreed with her.  There's no need to get angry and confrontational.  Chill a little!  Geez. 

I am having a BLAST on here. Thank you for saying flat out that I have been mean. The reason I get angry is that there have been threads where a serious conversation about things was going on and OPG would hop on and say, "No its not that, its this." Which is all well and good. That's what we are here for. To bounce Ideas off one another. I had no problem with it until it kept happening in lieu of evidence to the contrary. MiB COULD have been a good guy.  In light of recent events with Desmond I figured that ship should have sailed. Still no. As for demanding answers, I was trying to be as straight forward and reasonable as possible. The way I look at things is with simple proof. Those were questions that had definative answers. They was no question to what the answers were...With the Exception of the Manipulation question. I was already peeved at that point, but when even the proof in the answers to those questions was ignored that was it for me. I will have a reasonable conversation with anyone who wants to have one with me. I draw the line when that person will not acknowledge flaws in their thinking. I will be the first to say that I have had incorrect theories. Heck I even have one of them in the "Thoeries" thread on here. Probably wrong too. A conversation about ideas has to have two parties not only talking to each other, but LISTENING as well. I feel that is the item that seems to be lost in this little back and forth OPG and I are having. I asked back when David Shepherd was first introduced how the logistics of her endgame would work. No response. Just fired back about it, then asked if we were watching the same show. I took as a bit of a slight. OPG has already acknowledged that we aren't the biggest fans of one another. It's NOT a one way street here.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2010, 07:49:35 PM »
I didn't say you were mean... I said you were being kinda confrontational and acting angry.  And I just don't see why there's a reason for either.  But...  whatever.  I'm just not used to people who have a blast by getting angry. 

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »
I am certainly not angry. I am just giving you a rundown of what was going on and how I got where I am with the whole OPG issue. It's gotten past the point of friendly debate with us yet I am still able to have a great time. I love to debate and argue. OPG just finds herself on the wrong side of that, and she has said herself that she is fine with it.