Author Topic: What will Des do with the Manifest?  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What will Des do with the Manifold?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »
I think he will show them that the life they are living now isn't the one they want to live and they need to do something about it??

Great, they turned Desmond into a Mormon.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What will Des do with the Manifest?
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »
I agree, he's going to try to show them all what he saw, in terms of love etc.  And (I predict) the keys will be getting Alt Sawyer to rediscover Juliette, and Alt-Jack to rediscover Kate. 

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 03:12:37 PM »
He will gather them all together and he transports them to the island in egyptian times and start the other timeline.
But only two will be immortal.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 03:25:40 PM »
that is not dangerous, just free will.

I hope this is just a comment trying to get a rise out of me.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »
I think he needs the manifest to get all the people together and then take them to the LAMP POST. Thats how he will tell them about DHARMA, the island and their other lifes. What do you folks think? 

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 03:42:48 AM »
Yeah, in the X timeline, he will be the "manual" mechanism to course-correct everybody's lives so that they end up with all the people they are "supposed to" be with.  Not erase the X timeline, just "fix it" a little bit so people meet and realize they are "meant to be" with whomever.  No way is it better to erase it and go back to a timeline where Charlie, Daniel and Charlotte are dead.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 12:35:32 PM »
He will gather them all together and he transports them to the island in egyptian times and start the other timeline.

Which 4 of the final 7 hours is this going to take place in? Do you realize how much time this would take to explain? It's just straight NOT going to happen.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »

Which 4 of the final 7 hours is this going to take place in? Do you realize how much time this would take to explain? It's just straight NOT going to happen.

He will gather them all together. He asked for the flightmanifest.

DESMOND: A lot can happen in twenty minutes.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »

He will gather them all together. He asked for the flightmanifest.

DESMOND: A lot can happen in twenty minutes.

No no you misunderstand me. I mean the whole Egypt travelling thing. They better get there tomorrow, because they are running out of time. That is not a one episode discussion there. How does Desmond convince everyone that time travel is even possible? How do they facilitate the teleport without Eloise who seems dead set against them going outside the lines? How do they Do it? Once they are there, how do they explain how Jacob and MiB become immortal? Oh yeah and all of this while keeping our on Island story moving? Once again OPG a big pile of WRONG. Sorry dear, but you make it impossible to leave these little theories of yours alone.

I DO think Des is going to start showing up in People's SideFlashes, but it won't be with the intent of time travel. It will be to show them the Love that is missing in this timeline.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 03:09:29 PM »
I have no idea what Desmond is going to do, I was totally guessing.
But they (the makers, lost in general) need to get to Egyptian time at some point to explain the hieroglyfs, the statue etc.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 03:24:31 PM »
Could easily be done with the statement, "The place we are sending you has been there for longer than anyone has been alive. And will be there long after your imprisonment there is over." Or we could see Jacob/MiB's backstory set in that time period. Done and done.