Author Topic: I think I understand....  (Read 817 times)

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
I think I understand....
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:18:49 AM »
This came to me at 5:30am after waking from a dream about the sunken island, entering one of the DHARMA barracks and seeing in green lettering “SU/DL” on a white board. (yes I know that sounds insane but bear with me)

I think Desmond is going to be the catalyst for merging the SU/DL (same universe/different LOST). The flash-sideways are the result of the nuclear bomb going off in 1977 as is the present time. Sayid said something like when they were in the Swan station he hadn’t seen construction like that since Chernobyl. The Swan was built to cover the radiation and prevent the sudden release of the temporal energies of the island.  We knew the latter and can surmise the former. What I think the bomb did was release (in limitation) the hold the island had on the smoke monster. In this case, effect precedes cause from our point of view. We know that in 2004, Smokie was roaming the island. The bomb went off in 1977 only through the interaction of people from 2004 going to 1977.

Now it’s been said that if Smokie were to leave the island, the world as they know would be gone. That would be “replaced” with the SU/DL. In the SU/DL – all the people brought to the island by Jacob would be prevented from getting there…… the Black Rock sailed right past the island, Flight 815 flew over, the French science team passed the island. DHARMA, the US Army – came of their own volition. This would explain the DHARMA barracks and the intact statue…. Time changed post-1977 in that the island sank by unknown means, perhaps by something Smokie would be able to do if he were to leave the island by what I’m guessing would be through time itself.

In the SU/DL, Widmore is concerned about his company, not the island. Desmond is an active participant in Widmore’s operation. However, there are signs that the “correct” sequence of events are bleeding into the SU/DL: Charlie, with his mind in a different state, got a glimpse of that, Faraday (now Widmore) can recall physics (which is mathematical like music), Desmond now sees it with his contact with Penny (his constant). I think Widmore and Hawking of the “correct” sequence are working to fix whatever happened. Hawking, however, seems to be a temporal double-agent in that she tried to prevent Desmond from meeting Penny in the SU/DL.

Interesting sidenote – Desmond told Jack at one point that he’d see him “in another life”. We are now working on three: pre-island, post-island and SU/DL.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: I think I understand....
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:08:54 PM »
This would explain the DHARMA barracks and the intact statue….

Are you saying that in the season opener, the statue underwater was intact (i.e., not crashed into by the Black Rock)?  Is that correct?  My reception wasn't clear enough to make out exactly what was under water.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: I think I understand....
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 11:44:08 PM »
I don't have much to add to this thread other than I am glad to hear someone else in this world is waking up and realizing they have been dreaming about Lost. It's good to see I am not the only one!