Author Topic: Best Lines of the Night  (Read 4716 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Best Lines of the Night
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 10:16:22 PM »
George: Can I ask you why you need the manifest?
Desmond: I just need to show them something..........LOST

Did he say "them" or "him"?  I couldn't tell...

I thought Desmond said I just need to show HIM something (to me meaning Charlie, showing him Claire's name)

I just went back and watched it a few times. I think it could be up for debate, but it really sounds like "them" to me. Either way it's not very good pronoun usage. With a pronoun, you are usually using it to refer back to a noun that you just used so it's clear what you are talking about. In the previous sentence he mentions "the passengers" while on the other hand he doesn't mention Charlie or any other "him" at all.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he said "them".

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 06:47:48 PM »
WIDMORE: Their bass guitarist overdosed and uh, got himself arrested. And now, if I don't get this junkie to my wife's event she will, simply put, destroy me.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that he phrased it that way.  If Desmond can't make a certain event line up, will Eloise, in fact, destroy the existence of Charles Widmore? Who knows!? Hahaha!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 07:22:36 PM »
Ah, you women are all alike. They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same. ;)

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »
(singing) YOU ALLLLLLLLL EVREYBODY!!!

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 12:47:31 PM »

Did he say "them" or "him"?  I couldn't tell...

I thought Desmond said I just need to show HIM something (to me meaning Charlie, showing him Claire's name)

I just went back and watched it a few times. I think it could be up for debate, but it really sounds like "them" to me. Either way it's not very good pronoun usage. With a pronoun, you are usually using it to refer back to a noun that you just used so it's clear what you are talking about. In the previous sentence he mentions "the passengers" while on the other hand he doesn't mention Charlie or any other "him" at all.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he said "them".

I thought I heard: I just need to show ME something

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
I though that the MRI tech at the hospital gave the best line of the night when he was just about to put Desmond into the machine (which is a giant magnet, by the way):

MRI Tech: "You'll need the button."
Desmond: "Button?"
MRI Tech: "Panic button. If you need to stop, press it. Try not to, cuz we'll have to start all over again from the beginning."

The MRI tech was wearing a red shirt, by the way.

I thought this was great, as well.  I laughed my butt off at the whole "we'll have to start all over again from the beginning" and my husband didn't get it.  *sigh*  I hate when I have to explain.