Author Topic: Sacrifice / Upcoming Electromagnetic event?  (Read 4783 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrifice / Upcoming Electromagnetic event?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »
I keep thinking back to the map Tina Fey showed Jin. On it, there were 3 pockets of EM energy. I think we can assume one is the Swan, one is the Orchid, but I have a feeling we are going to be shown the 3rd. We know the Swan is pretty much blocked up. So that leaves the Orchid or a 3rd unknown one. It could definitely be the Orchid, but it might be kind of cool to see a new one.

I do really like RM's general theory of releasing the EM energy, but personally I'd like to see a new location.

Maybe it's the temple?? Might make all the YEARS we were waiting for the temple to make it's appearance finally worth it. Not that I was disapointed with what we got, but it was NOT what I was expecting you know??

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »
The questionmark?
designation unknown, purpose unknown, relation to DIHG unknown.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061004023927/lostpedia/images/1/1a/Cleanwall-707484.jpg

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 09:40:32 AM »
The questionmark?
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061004023927/lostpedia/images/1/1a/Cleanwall-707484.jpg
The question mark was The Pearl was it not?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 10:22:18 AM »
The questionmark?

Griz makes a point opie, we NOW know what the Question mark is for. If there was some sort of large electromagnetic deposit, then none of the stuff in the pearl would have sorked properly, except for maybe the Pneumatic tubes, and the toilet. But all of the TV's, the VCR, the computer would not be functioning correctly.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »
I keep thinking back to the map Tina Fey showed Jin. On it, there were 3 pockets of EM energy. I think we can assume one is the Swan, one is the Orchid, but I have a feeling we are going to be shown the 3rd. We know the Swan is pretty much blocked up. So that leaves the Orchid or a 3rd unknown one. It could definitely be the Orchid, but it might be kind of cool to see a new one.

I do really like RM's general theory of releasing the EM energy, but personally I'd like to see a new location.

Maybe it's the temple?? Might make all the YEARS we were waiting for the temple to make it's appearance finally worth it. Not that I was disapointed with what we got, but it was NOT what I was expecting you know??

I was thinking that, too.  The pool in the Temple.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 03:03:25 PM »

At first glance that's a good idea, but I'd disagree because, assuming cartographer Jin in 1977 knew the locations of the pockets, how would he have been able to access the temple to verify, as the temple at the time was controlled by "the hostiles".  I'd think if it were in the temple, or if the area of the island that the map covers included more than just the Dharma controlled area, probably the line marking the boundary between the Dharma zone and the Hostiles zone would have been denoted on the map.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »
I think Des has to give MiB a big old hug and then, poof! dust and ash....

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 11:24:36 AM »

At first glance that's a good idea, but I'd disagree because, assuming cartographer Jin in 1977 knew the locations of the pockets, how would he have been able to access the temple to verify, as the temple at the time was controlled by "the hostiles".  I'd think if it were in the temple, or if the area of the island that the map covers included more than just the Dharma controlled area, probably the line marking the boundary between the Dharma zone and the Hostiles zone would have been denoted on the map.

I don't think it's under the pool neccesarrily, but rather the whole temple. I'm sure they had some equipment to be able to tell that there was a large pocket of Electrofibbity with out actually going into the temple. I mean when they first arrived on the island, Sayid's (or Locke's compass) was being thrown off of true magnetic North, and they weren't even near the Swan at that point.