Author Topic: Desmond needing to show the passengers something will result in ...  (Read 1163 times)

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
them accepting that they have to sacrifice the life they have, the life in which they have achieved the thing they desired most

so, the next to last episode which is entitled "What They Died For" does not refer to the Losties on the island dying, but instead it refers to the Losties in the alt timeline sacrificing their alt lives
in this episode we will get to see "what they died for", what they sacrificed themselves for

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Desmond needing to show the passengers something will result in ...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:08:15 AM »
I agree with that statement, but I find it hard for some of them to agree to do this. Jack has a son in the alt life and nothing but pain in the island life. Sun and Jin would give up the alt life but I am not sure Claire would. She could still have aaron and not be crazy! Locke is happy in the alt life and dead on the island. Try convincing him to trade that in. it will be interesting to see how they do this.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:22:57 AM »
Interesting idea, but going with the preview, I think it has to do with those who already died on the island: Charlie, Libby, Michael, Scott, Steve, Boone, Shannon, Joanna, Frogurt.....

[ I discount Nikki and Paulo cause, well, they were annoying and had no real part in events ]  ;D

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:24:16 AM »
Interesting idea, but going with the preview, I think it has to do with those who already died on the island: Charlie, Libby, Michael, Scott, Steve, Boone, Shannon, Joanna, Frogurt.....

[ I discount Nikki and Paulo cause, well, they were annoying and had no real part in events ]  ;D

I agree. In the sideways timeline they are all alive Charlie, Libby, etc.... I believe Jack &co will have to make a decison whether to stay with the original timeline or the sideways timeline. In order to reconcile that if they stay with the orginal timeline then everyone from Boone to Froghurt will still be dead. however, they will come to realize that they died for a reason and therefore the on island timeline will prevail in the end.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »
I LOVE this theory. It would really give a sense of purpose for the side flashes instead of just an Epilogue.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 11:14:58 PM »
I think that Desmond X will be able to course-correct the X timeline (by relating his conscious understanding of the events of the original timeline) so that everyone will end up with the people they are "supposed to" be with in X.  And the ones who died will have a live happily-ever-after in the X timeline as well.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 11:47:27 PM »
I think that Desmond X will be able to course-correct the X timeline (by relating his conscious understanding of the events of the original timeline) so that everyone will end up with the people they are "supposed to" be with in X.  And the ones who died will have a live happily-ever-after in the X timeline as well.

i would love an ending like this! Especially, if it were to mean Charlie, Boone, Libby, et al were all still alive!

Offline sobrien

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »

i would love an ending like this! Especially, if it were to mean Charlie, Boone, Libby, et al were all still alive!

Desmond may be the character that sees the quantum possibilities of both timelines, he also may be the character that allows others to get glimpses of these quantum possibilities, but the "new Jacob" (and I'm going with Jack here) will have to be the one that decides which will be "real."  Once he chooses his path, it will determine which timeline happens for all involved.

The cat cannot be both dead and alive once the (magic) box is opened and viewed - not once a choice is made.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:12:49 PM by sobrien »