Author Topic: Amazing episode  (Read 4881 times)

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing episode
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 08:40:15 PM »
It may be that the blatent parralle shots of seasons past that have been showing up this season or how everyone important to the island lives in or is visiting LA on the same week. I don't know me and the wife just didn't like this episode, 2nd worse this season if you ask us.
As far as everyone being in LA the same week - well, that was always the premise of the show to begin with.  I mean, everyone on the original flight 815 were headed to LA, would have been visiting or living in LA that same week if the flight had not crashed.  Same thing in that parallel universe now that the original timeline didn't happen, or didn't happen in the parallel universe.  And since the events in the Alt timeline seem to largely parallel, but not perfectly match, people's lives in the original timeline, I think it makes sense that everyone was on the plane in both timelines.   

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »
Exactly, they were a group of travelers going to LA so it makes total sense that they would all be there. Also,since it is where Widmore lives that would explain why Keamy and the other freighter people are also there. He hired them locally in the other timeline and in this timeline they are still living and doing business in LA.

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 09:40:10 PM »
This episode blew me away, but I'm not entirely sure it was in a good way.

This is the first time since I've started watching the series that I just feel like it's too much -- that there's absolutely no point in speculating or theorizing or trying to figure out WTF is going on, because it is sooooo over my head that I am completely shot.  I feel like I have no option but to just sit back and let them spoon-feed me the rest of the series, because there's no way in Hades that I can even begin to make sense of it.  It's kinda discouraging in a way.

I almost think others must feel the same way, because it seems like there's a serious lack of posts on the forum, and usually by this point there's like two pages of ideas.  It seems like after this one, nobody knows what to think.

I did like the painting in Widmore's office, and I liked that Minkowski showed up, and I liked Penny running the stadium steps.  Eloise clearly knowing what's going on is awesome and totally frustrating at the same time.

I don't know... it was an amazing episode, I guess, but... it just kinda made me tired.  I feel like Eloise the Rat in a maze -- running and running but not knowing where I'm going, and constantly running into a lot of blank walls.

Am I the only one who didn't think the episode was great? I understand it was a setup episode for the ending, but I just didn't think it held up as an episode on it's own. Now I will be the first to say that I really don't care as much as everyone else it seems, about Desmond and Penny's love story. This could be why I have a problem with this episode. I think there was way too much time spent off the island where the only information we gathered was the Sideflashes "don't matter". It's nice to see that on Hydra island there is this new area we have never seen that has this cool Jurassic Park looking box with huge EM coils in it. Where did that thing come from and whats up with the old wooden chair inside? Why can't Widmore elaborate more on "Everything will cease to be"?

It may be that the blatent parralle shots of seasons past that have been showing up this season or how everyone important to the island lives in or is visiting LA on the same week. I don't know me and the wife just didn't like this episode, 2nd worse this season if you ask us.

I liked it, but didn't love it.  It made it more confusing and frustrating.  So now we're going to see Desmond running all the losites into the water so they can see what they're true lives should have been?  With only 5 eps left, I don't feel like it's enough time to convince everyone that they need to do something related to something they know nothing about- ugh! 
And if the bomb was the cause of this flash-sideways than why didn't the world 'cease to exist'.  If the island is not protecting the world from evil, how is the world going on it's merry way? 

Yes, Yes, & Yes

See the thing is if these time lines are converging or more or less overwriting each other then who's to say it wasn't suppose to happen this way with the Jughead bomb being activated and Daniel warning Desmond to find his mum.  It's just so damn frustrating to even show this Side Alt Time Line.  It's like great here's what happens if MIB wins the War.  Here's what occurs to keep the original time line.  Candidates must protect the island.  Let's just let Widmore take the island and let the Losties go on there marry way to create whatever future they want. 

I just don't by into white good and black bad......where's the gray area. 

Honestly I could care less about Jacob or MIB anymore.  They both can fight there own war.  Why bring pawns into the mix to fight it for you. 

Desmond episodes are my least favorite episodes.   

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 08:00:33 AM »
i loved this episode ...so cool desmond getting  zapped ...i thought he was going to turn into a superhero or something  :)  ...desmond has best centric episode ever ... in  comparison to constant episode this one fell little short maybe because  of too much of   true love ,conscience altering love stuff

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »
As far as everyone being in LA the same week - well, that was always the premise of the show to begin with.  I mean, everyone on the original flight 815 were headed to LA, would have been visiting or living in LA that same week if the flight had not crashed.  Same thing in that parallel universe now that the original timeline didn't happen, or didn't happen in the parallel universe.  And since the events in the Alt timeline seem to largely parallel, but not perfectly match, people's lives in the original timeline, I think it makes sense that everyone was on the plane in both timelines.   

True, everyone ON THE PLANE was heading to L.A., but there were a few other characters who we wouldn't have expected to turn up, such as Danielle and Alex.  Alex did have a lot of patches on her backpack, though, which would suggest that Danielle was still a world traveller.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 11:21:23 AM »
As for all of them all being in LA well,  I think of it this way...remembering what a wise man once said, "Don't mistake coincidence for fate"......

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 01:45:35 PM »
As for all of them all being in LA well,  I think of it this way...remembering what a wise man once said, "Don't mistake coincidence for fate"......
Exactly.  I doubt the idea that they are all in LA is a coincidence.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 02:55:37 PM »
After 5 1/2 seasons of Lost...I think it is a little late to complain about how everybody seems to be interconnected. They've been doing it since season 1, and it's part of what has made the show so cool.