Author Topic: Amazing episode  (Read 4882 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing episode
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »
I loved this episode because it gave us some definite ideas about what the side flashes are (or are not).  My only problem is that it lost me when Desmond, who just realized that he has to help Widmore in order to keep his life with Penny and their son, seemed to just do a 180 when Sayid came along.  Did I miss something?  What made him agree to up and leave Widmore's camp?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 10:23:19 AM »
They should have show flashes of scenes to come just before he woke up to give us an idea why he knows he has to help Widmore and what he has to do. Because right now all he has to go on was a time line where he had to meet penny all over again. Not quite the motivation one would expect for such a drastic change in attitude.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 11:40:33 AM »
...It's nice to see that on Hydra island there is this new area we have never seen that has this cool Jurassic Park looking box with huge EM coils in it. Where did that thing come from and whats up with the old wooden chair inside? Why can't Widmore elaborate more on "Everything will cease to be"?

We'd seen a big two story building before - it was next to the bear cages at the start of S3.  My impression is what we saw last night was the rear or the side of this building. 

As to the big wooden box with coils (solenoids) in it - this I'm not sure.  I must confess that I don't know what the interior of a large generator should look like, but I didn't feel like what we saw is what it really looks like.  Normally I think a generator involves turning magents within a solenoid to generate current, or turning a solenoid around an array of magnets to do the same.  In any case, I'm not sure why there were just two solenoids on either end of a big empty wooden box.  Didn't really make sense.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »
...It's nice to see that on Hydra island there is this new area we have never seen that has this cool Jurassic Park looking box with huge EM coils in it. Where did that thing come from and whats up with the old wooden chair inside? Why can't Widmore elaborate more on "Everything will cease to be"?

We'd seen a big two story building before - it was next to the bear cages at the start of S3.  My impression is what we saw last night was the rear or the side of this building. 

As to the big wooden box with coils (solenoids) in it - this I'm not sure.  I must confess that I don't know what the interior of a large generator should look like, but I didn't feel like what we saw is what it really looks like.  Normally I think a generator involves turning magents within a solenoid to generate current, or turning a solenoid around an array of magnets to do the same.  In any case, I'm not sure why there were just two solenoids on either end of a big empty wooden box.  Didn't really make sense.
That wasn't the generator, it was 2 very large electro magnets. The generator was supplying power to it. Come to think of it, 2 large electro magnets would either try to attract or repell each other. It seems like this wooden box might not be enough to keep them stationary.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 01:18:20 PM »

That wasn't the generator, it was 2 very large electro magnets. The generator was supplying power to it. Come to think of it, 2 large electro magnets would either try to attract or repell each other. It seems like this wooden box might not be enough to keep them stationary.

...It's Lost, dude.  It's a TV show with a smoke monster.  I think we can cut them a little slack with this kind of stuff.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 01:30:55 PM »
Sorry just found this and lol'd, didnt know where to put it.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:34:46 PM by Writers_Strike »

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »
Sorry just found this and lol'd, didnt know where to put it.

LOL! AWESOME! Stealing it...

Offline Floyd25

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 01:41:38 PM »
AWESOME episode!  One of the best.  Loved Desmond's evil grin.

Offline TvFantic

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 01:43:18 PM »
I haven't looked at the other threads yet, but am I the only one that thinks the wooden box is the cabin on sometype of lift?  At least that's what I thought it was last night watching the episode.

This was an excellant episode.  I too have stopped trying to theorize and let the series just spoon feed me, but I'm not discouraged.  I'm loving every new tidbit of detail they give us and can't wait to watch the entire series over again.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »
I loved this episode because it gave us some definite ideas about what the side flashes are (or are not). 

Well for God's sake, man, tell me what they are!!  Or aren't!!  I'm drowning here!  LOL.

Loved Desmond's evil grin.

Did you think that was an evil grin?  I thought it looked like the bull from the Bugs Bunny cartoon, after he'd been bashed on the head with the anvil.  I almost expected to see little birdies tweeting around his head...

I very much want a t-shirt with Locke wearing the Smokey-The-Bear hat...  ;D  Awesome!

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 03:32:53 PM »
I loved this episode because it gave us some definite ideas about what the side flashes are (or are not). 

Well for God's sake, man, tell me what they are!!  Or aren't!!  I'm drowning here!  LOL.

Well, I don't know for sure, but what I came away with was that they AREN'T what their lives SHOULD have been had Jacob not intervened.  They aren't the lives the characters were meant to live.  Now, whether or not their lives are better or worse, they once again have to go baaaaaaack to the original timeline and not blow up the bomb.  Even Charlie and Daniel, who both died in the other timeline, have the sense that things aren't right.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty much confused, but I feel like I at least know which is the 'reality' now.  I think........

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »

Well, I don't know for sure, but what I came away with was that they AREN'T what their lives SHOULD have been had Jacob not intervened.  They aren't the lives the characters were meant to live.  Now, whether or not their lives are better or worse, they once again have to go baaaaaaack to the original timeline and not blow up the bomb.  Even Charlie and Daniel, who both died in the other timeline, have the sense that things aren't right.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty much confused, but I feel like I at least know which is the 'reality' now.  I think........
Agreed. 100%. I'm going to quote this in another thread cause it needs to be there.

Offline Shivy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
I liked it, but didn't love it.  It made it more confusing and frustrating.  So now we're going to see Desmond running all the losites into the water so they can see what they're true lives should have been?  With only 5 eps left, I don't feel like it's enough time to convince everyone that they need to do something related to something they know nothing about- ugh! 
And if the bomb was the cause of this flash-sideways than why didn't the world 'cease to exist'.  If the island is not protecting the world from evil, how is the world going on it's merry way? 

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 04:32:22 PM »
I liked it, but didn't love it.  It made it more confusing and frustrating.  So now we're going to see Desmond running all the losites into the water so they can see what they're true lives should have been?  With only 5 eps left, I don't feel like it's enough time to convince everyone that they need to do something related to something they know nothing about- ugh! 

Desmond: "Alot can happen in 20 minutes"

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 08:30:36 PM »

Good enough.

Any thoughts on whose "reality" it is, though?  Is it MIB's, or Jacob's?  Do you mean that Jacob intervened by bringing them to the island in the first place, or do you think it was MIB who intervened by having Ben turn the donkey wheel?  Or was that Jacob who had Ben turn the donkey wheel?  Or was it just Ben?