Author Topic: Amazing episode  (Read 4843 times)

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Amazing episode
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
i knew this flash-sideways thing would tie in with the real timeline, and of course Daniel and Desmond are the ones who help it happen just like the first time

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing episode
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:42:30 PM »
Couldn't agree with you more... this episode was beyond amazing and started to tie it all together.  Once again I'm back to the point when I just hate that the show had to end.

Offline cablecopulate

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:48:39 PM »
That episode was incredible. I think it put Desmond's episodes over Locke's for my favorite -centric episodes.

Offline DirtyEarl

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 12:10:41 AM »
Boom son . . .   boom

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 12:12:16 AM »
Ding dong!

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 12:12:36 AM »
Desmond is the McCutchen of LOST.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 12:59:41 AM »
Without a doubt the best episode of this season.  Need to watch it again to digest it.  I guess Farraday has concluded that the ALT timeline resulted from Jughead, so I'm just not sure how the original timeline has continued.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 02:08:04 AM »
It was definitely painful to have this episode end.  I wanted it to keep going. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 03:03:49 AM »
The ep flew by. It gave me hope that the show will end with the two timelines making sense. I was having some big time doubts.

Can't wait until next week!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 03:06:02 AM »
I thought it would be VERY difficult to top Ab Aeterno, however, if there is an episode that has, it was this one. Easily, hands down one of the best, if not THE best episode ever. Period.

From the opening shot to the last shot, it was filled to the brim with coolness. Plus the emotional ride. So yeah, I was blown away.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 03:44:08 AM »
I was nearly brought to tears a couple of times.  I'm a sucker for a good love story.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 03:50:30 AM »
I was nearly brought to tears a couple of times.  I'm a sucker for a good love story.

Interesting how all the men in this episode were subconsciously connecting to the women they loved, but the women seemed more or less oblivious lol.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 07:16:20 AM »
This episode blew me away, but I'm not entirely sure it was in a good way.

This is the first time since I've started watching the series that I just feel like it's too much -- that there's absolutely no point in speculating or theorizing or trying to figure out WTF is going on, because it is sooooo over my head that I am completely shot.  I feel like I have no option but to just sit back and let them spoon-feed me the rest of the series, because there's no way in Hades that I can even begin to make sense of it.  It's kinda discouraging in a way.

I almost think others must feel the same way, because it seems like there's a serious lack of posts on the forum, and usually by this point there's like two pages of ideas.  It seems like after this one, nobody knows what to think.

I did like the painting in Widmore's office, and I liked that Minkowski showed up, and I liked Penny running the stadium steps.  Eloise clearly knowing what's going on is awesome and totally frustrating at the same time.

I don't know... it was an amazing episode, I guess, but... it just kinda made me tired.  I feel like Eloise the Rat in a maze -- running and running but not knowing where I'm going, and constantly running into a lot of blank walls.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:20:12 AM by Madam P »

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 07:40:25 AM »
Am I the only one who didn't think the episode was great? I understand it was a setup episode for the ending, but I just didn't think it held up as an episode on it's own. Now I will be the first to say that I really don't care as much as everyone else it seems, about Desmond and Penny's love story. This could be why I have a problem with this episode. I think there was way too much time spent off the island where the only information we gathered was the Sideflashes "don't matter". It's nice to see that on Hydra island there is this new area we have never seen that has this cool Jurassic Park looking box with huge EM coils in it. Where did that thing come from and whats up with the old wooden chair inside? Why can't Widmore elaborate more on "Everything will cease to be"?

It may be that the blatent parralle shots of seasons past that have been showing up this season or how everyone important to the island lives in or is visiting LA on the same week. I don't know me and the wife just didn't like this episode, 2nd worse this season if you ask us.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:52 AM »
Am I the only one who didn't think the episode was great? I understand it was a setup episode for the ending, but I just didn't think it held up as an episode on it's own. Now I will be the first to say that I really don't care as much as everyone else it seems, about Desmond and Penny's love story. This could be why I have a problem with this episode. I think there was way too much time spent off the island where the only information we gathered was the Sideflashes "don't matter". It's nice to see that on Hydra island there is this new area we have never seen that has this cool Jurassic Park looking box with huge EM coils in it. Where did that thing come from and whats up with the old wooden chair inside? Why can't Widmore elaborate more on "Everything will cease to be"?

It may be that the blatent parralle shots of seasons past that have been showing up this season or how everyone important to the island lives in or is visiting LA on the same week. I don't know me and the wife just didn't like this episode, 2nd worse this season if you ask us.
Well yeah... they all just got off the SAME flight.