Poll

Rate "Happily Ever After" and give your opinion of the episode in the comments.

11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
3 (13.6%)
2 (9.1%)
1 (4.5%)
1 (4.5%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Episode 6x11 Rating  (Read 5812 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Episode 6x11 Rating
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:11:44 PM »
What'd you think?

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x11 Rating
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 12:03:06 AM »
Freaking AWESOME !!!

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 04:50:12 AM »
I gave it a rare 10. We found out that Des is the key to resolving the Alt.
So many twists that I had to smile when we saw Charlie showing Des his hand with not penny's boat, Charlie talking about Love (Claire), and Dan talking about Love (Charlotte), and then Des meeting and having a connection with Penny (Love).
How about the rest of the Alt? Jack Love( his son), Locke Love (He's marrying Helen), Sayid Love (Nadia and his nephew and niece). Claire Love (Aaron)
Is the secret to the Alt Love?

This just made me think what about Kate? Sawyer? Hugo?

I think having Charlie on the screen for such a long time, and playing a key role was fantastic.
I thought the twist of Des leaving willingly with Sayid was weird, but I have a feeling that Desmond really does know what to do.

I bet that this will be one of those love it/hated it episode. I loved it, but I can understand why some people may not like it.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 07:37:34 AM »
I gave this a 9

This was so the Constant wrapped up in a time funk

It was show I have been waiting for!  I still hold that they have done some foreshadowing in previous episodes and what I hoped they would do with Desmond well they did. 

Ellie and Desmond scene was wonderful absolutely wonderful.  The painting of the scale and black and white rocks. 
Charlie still needing to die!!!!!!!!!!
Tell me now that Ellie and Chuck (Widmore) do not know what was happening all along.  If he is the calvary running to the island to course correct well, I am there fore you.

Minkowski helping Desmond -

Daniel and Desmond our constants - I was so waiting for him to knock on that window and do his Daniel routine all over again.

Widmore having do undo what his son did to get the balance back!  Gee guess that answers why they need to find the pockets of electromagnetism. Finally something to wrap your hopes around and walk away with knowing that there will be changes we will not like, but they got this back on track.

I also thought that it was very interesting how they brougth to focus that Mrs. Widmore tells Desmond you got what you wanted my husbands approval.   But that approval cost Desmond what made him truly happy and this alternative view of their lives is not how they were suppose to end up.  there was a balance and it was changed because of human intervention.  Anyway I walked off with thoughts of balance. you have to have some good and some bad and then if you sprinkle it with a dash of love well then there is hope! 

And so this episode brings hope to  a viewer who was lacking that in the final episodes

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:49:14 AM »

Hated it....Dislike....Junky

Waste of time to have an Alternate Sideways Reality if this was the answer to it!  Why even have it if your going to rush an answer like that. 

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »
I think the alt timeline is to show what would happen when they denonated the nuke and MIB is allowed to leave the island. It's to give a catalyst to the characters (once Desmond explains it to all of them) that they need to defeat MIB and change what they did. It's also to show that all the deaths on the island this far from Boone to Locke (so far) are a sacrifice for all humanity--as Widmore is referring to when he says "everyone you know will cease to exist". They died for a reason. Without a sideways timeline to illustrate the changes that happen Jack and co on island wouldn't care about Jacob and MIB. They would just want to get off the island. This gives them a reason to band together and fight.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 01:29:23 PM »
Gave it an 8
Was there an actual episode in there with that many commercials, rewatched it later fast forwarding and running time was about 25 minutes.

Well gee big surprise NOT: :P that Desmond is the constant, Des is the key to changing the time. We all figured that one out.
Episode confirmed what we already figured out.

So what was Jin needed for?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 04:29:36 PM »
10!  This gave us some real hope that the other timeline has a purpose...what it is...and the direction of the show. 

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 02:14:59 PM »
Loved it!!!!

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 06:10:15 PM »
Been waiting for an episode like this all season... It's about time!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 08:27:50 PM »
Wow jury is in and we have a real winner with this one.   ;D s

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »
I gave it a 7.  I liked it, but I think that the show is just cruising until the finale.  There was nothing huge to me in the episode, but it was still enjoyable.  Good to know that they still drink McCutcheons or whatever it's called.  Eloise was looking very Barbara Bush... Penny was playing the role of Jack running the stairs.  It was all good.  And I also really liked the Charlie thing.

Also, as an aside, and since I know he'll see it, I've noticed that on Twitter people seem to be fighting over whether JB is Jonas Brothers or Justin Beiber or whoever, and I'm just saying that to me, JB will always be our JBRam from SWLS.  That is all.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 08:59:11 PM »
I gave it a 7.  I liked it, but I think that the show is just cruising until the finale.  There was nothing huge to me in the episode, but it was still enjoyable.  Good to know that they still drink McCutcheons or whatever it's called.  Eloise was looking very Barbara Bush... Penny was playing the role of Jack running the stairs.  It was all good.  And I also really liked the Charlie thing.

Also, as an aside, and since I know he'll see it, I've noticed that on Twitter people seem to be fighting over whether JB is Jonas Brothers or Justin Beiber or whoever, and I'm just saying that to me, JB will always be our JBRam from SWLS.  That is all.
Aww thanks, Cardi.

I'm going to agree with Cardi on this. I'll give it a 7. It seemed a little slow for me, and I just have to say that this was the gayest episode ever. Desmond was having a few too many bromances there. Not saying that in a negative way, it just seemed really weird. My other rating might have given this one a 9, but it would be a mid-low 9.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 09:01:22 PM »
Gave it a 10.

Just based on the fact that I now have confidence that maybe the first 5 seasons were not a waste. Or this season. I have hope that this season is going to work after all!!

Thought it was well acted, informative and a little mind blowing. Eloise knows every thing in both time lines. Good stuff.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
Gave it a 10.

Just based on the fact that I now have confidence that maybe the first 5 seasons were not a waste. Or this season. I have hope that this season is going to work after all!!

Thought it was well acted, informative and a little mind blowing. Eloise knows every thing in both time lines. Good stuff.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  this makes me happy!  And so glad you saw the Ellie connection!  Beer, wings and Kate for Juggy  ;) ;D