Author Topic: A violation?  (Read 9477 times)

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
A violation?
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:10:13 PM »
How is it that Eloise always seems to be in the know? I guess that's a question that'll never get answered..

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: A violation?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »
She always was seen as a guardian of the Island - maybe she got the secret decoder ring

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:15:40 PM »
Her knowledge must be why she didn't try to prevent Daniel going to the island where he would time travel and she would kill him.  She knows something important and good will come out of it.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 11:17:17 PM »
Her knowledge must be why she didn't try to prevent Daniel going to the island where he would time travel and she would kill him.  She knows something important and good will come out of it.
No good every comes from killing one's own child.  period.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 11:58:36 PM »
She must be in on the island secrets along with MIB and Jacob. Maybe since she wanted Desmond not to meet Penny and not know about the other timeline she is in cahoots with MIB. That is, of course, if you believe that this new timeline has to do with MIB getting off the island and this timeline is the result. Oh, I am confused.... :P

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 12:05:42 AM »
yeah, the whole conversation was weird
"a violation"
"you're not ready"

my thoughts,
if MIB actually can give people the thing they most want, then the thing he gave Eloise in return for her help was the life of her son

she had killed her own son in the original timeline, so MIB relieved her of her guilt and suffering by promising her that if she helped him then he could fix it so that murder would never happen

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 12:09:27 AM »
Wasn't saying that - was wondering if she let it happen that way, if he and the world were saved somehow after the fact? 

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 12:11:08 AM »
yeah, the whole conversation was weird
"a violation"
"you're not ready"

my thoughts,
if MIB actually can give people the thing they most want, then the thing he gave Eloise in return for her help was the life of her son

she had killed her own son in the original timeline, so MIB relieved her of her guilt and suffering by promising her that if she helped him then he could fix it so that murder would never happen

That makes a lot of sense! I bet this is how she knows more than she should!

Offline lamporium

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 03:19:25 AM »

Even if your kid is Hitler?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 03:36:14 AM »
This episode was like the Season 3 "Flashes Before Your Eyes" except on steroids. Eloise Widmore definitely has an idea what is going on and this line gives us that clue that she knows more than what she is letting on. We are finally starting to get an idea of just what we are seeing in the sideflashes.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 03:43:43 AM »
She appears to be the wisest of them all in terms of the isalnd and both time lines. Why? I have no idea.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 05:17:46 AM »
She appears to be the wisest of them all in terms of the isalnd and both time lines. Why? I have no idea.

remember MIB's crazy mother ?

Elosie

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 05:42:17 AM »

Even if your kid is Hitler?

Time travel joke... "Everyone tries to kill Hitler their first time."

But why does no one try to save Hitler?  In the Lost version of time travel Hitler could have been an artist instead of a politician if his past was changed.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 09:09:43 AM »
Eloise is definitely in the "know" and for some reason her ties to the island are way up there.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 09:31:54 AM »
So are the sideflashes really just flashforwards after Mib gives everyone whant they wanted most in life. Kinda like The Nexxus Ribbon in Star Trek: Generations. Desmond is in violation because he is occupied by island desmond and is not ready to be there. Or maybe it is some kind of Trueman Show? I think I just confused myself.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:39:42 AM by Writers_Strike »