Author Topic: Slidinng Doors  (Read 1226 times)

Offline mushermellon

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Slidinng Doors
« on: April 03, 2010, 02:17:10 AM »
ok, I've been wanting to say this for a while.  "Sliding Doors" with Gweneth Paltrow (sp?) shows two different chains of events--one if she made the subway and one if she barely missed it.  Lots of things are different in the two, like her conveniently different hair styles, but some core events (destiny?) remain the same.

Soooo, either timeline,  Sun and Jin love each other.  Either timeline, Mikhail loses an eye, etc.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Slidinng Doors
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 03:57:11 AM »
I wonder why in either timeline, Mikhail loses an eye and Jack has his appendix taken out...but in either timeline, Jack does NOT have a son, Sun nay not have a daughter, Jin is NOT infertile, Sawyer is NOT a cop, Miles is NOT a cop, etc, etc. I would think that things like having kids would be more of a core event to appear in both timelines than losing an eye would be.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:32:15 AM »
Exactly! That is Jack's destiny. Giving Smoky a body and a home.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »
ok, never saw "Sliding Doors"
I'll have to check it out
a similar movie is "Run Lola Run"
in German with English subtitles
a totally, completely awesome movie

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 09:43:40 PM »
Run, Lola, Run is absolutely one of my favorite movies.  When she says "Stop" after she gets shot the first time, I about fell out of my chair.  Fabulous storytelling.  I'd love to think Lost was trying to pull off something like this.