Author Topic: TLE- The Walkthrough (Updated Clues)--Check in here first if you are playing!  (Read 68415 times)

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Aug 25

Fragment Code Updates

50) GZ2I < --- DJ Dan’s Eyes on the Man page
51) ZFTLZAGO014H < --- Australian Channel 7 site
52) VE5SMC < --- Lostpedia scavenger hunt
53) TROPICS < --- Monster.com ad, under “results”

Aug 29

Fragment Code Updates

54) IRZ7 < -- The Fuselage Diary

Aug 30

Fragment Code Updates

55) NARVIK < -- Monster.com ad
56) OUDW < -- Lost Ninja July 31 post ad for “Snakes on a Plane”
57) 307L97BDB9 <-- Rachel Blake blog when "57" in Links clicked

Aug 30

Retrievers of Truth Update

The ROT site has updated with a new thread “Delivering the Goods”

It doesn't say much aside from the fact that Beatnik's loyalty is still doubted by the others, and they seem to have gotten a delivery of Apollo Candy.

Aug 31

Fragment Code Updates

58) 5XW3O < -- real life glyph found in Australia after clue by Lost Ninja
59) BAX5OUX8T < -- found at Channel 4 Entertainment under “newest show”

Sep 1

Fragment Code Updates

60) PKDBAH7J < -- in pieces, from both Lost Ninja’s blog & Speaker’s blog

Sep 4

Fragment Code Updates

61) QUARANTINE <– found in Verizon ad in Entertainment Weekly.

Sep 5

Fragment Code Updates

62) 7C8R <-- found at the end of 7/4's Lost episode on UK Ch 4
63) XQGRMH <-- Speaker’s scavenger hunt starting at his picture at WhereIsAvar.com and ended back in his reader mail.
64) FLHO6CUM181 < -- found after Speaker YouTube video clue led to another scavenger hunt
65) 354G8 < -- found on coffee mug in Jimmy Kimmel Live

Sep 6

Fragment Code Updates

66) 2NG39Z <-- found by Ixalon in the UK Glyph Hunt
67) V4UMMA <-- found after another Speaker scavenger hunt

Sep 7

Fragment Code Updates

68) KCQBMLI6 < -- found in scavenger hunt that started at Lost Ninja’s MySpace page.
69) ZR2J < -- found in the UK Glyph Hunt (London)

Sep 8

Fragment Code Updates & Sri Lanka Video is COMPLETE!

70) PGVPE4EC <-- found in the source code for Rachel Blake's blog (main page) and viewing the many .png images seen there.

This brings us to the conclusion of the multiple-week Act III which was the great Glyph Hunt!  The Sri Lanka Video is now complete, and viewable on YouTube, placed in order by thousands of devout fans; view a completed 70/70 & ordered version HERE:

Full transcript of this very important video (which at many points tie directly into LOST) below:

Sri Lanka Video Transcript
[Music plays]
© 1975 The Hanso Foundation * ORIENTATION *

Alvar Hanso:
I'm Alvar Hanso. If you are watching this film, you already know and have worked with Gerald and Karen DeGroot, founders and masterminds of the DHARMA Initiative.
By now, you also know there are many research goals for our joint venture. What you may not know, is why we have assembled the DHARMA Initiative, why we have assembled the greatest minds in the world and given them unlimited funds and access.

As with all you've already been told, you are bound by your honor and commitment to keep what you are about to hear a secret. In a few weeks, after your induction counseling and survival training, you and your colleagues will be shipped to a top secret facil[ity...]
The precise location of the facility is known only to myself, the DeGroots, and the few high ranking members of my organization. Why all the security, all the secrecy? The answer is simple: Your research is intended to do nothing less than save the world as we know it.

In 1962, only thirteen years ago, the world came to the brink of nuclear war. The United States and the Soviet Union almost fulfilled the promise of mutual assured destruction. A promise they continue to foster through a destructive Cold War. After the Cuban Missile Crisis, both nations decided to find a solution. The result was the Valenzetti Equation. Commissioned under the highest secrecy, through the U.N. Security Council, the equation is the brainchild of the Italian mathematician Enzo Valenzetti. It predicts the exact number of years and months until humanity extinguishes itself. Whether through nuclear fire, chemical and biological warfare, conventional warfare, pandemic, over-population...
The results are chilling, and attention must be paid...
Valenzetti gave numerical values to the core environmental and human factors in his equation: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42. Only by manipulating the environment, by finding scientific solutions to our problems we will be able to change those core factors, and give humanity a chance to survive.
Although the equation has been buried by those who commissioned it [STATIC] panic. It has always been my belief that we ignore warnings at our own peril; and thus, the DHARMA Initiative was born.

DHARMA is an acronym for Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications. It also stands for the one true way. [STATIC] ...and through your research, you will help human... [STATIC].
We have constructed several stations on the island, underground laboratories with the facilities you will need to do your research, with optimal expediency...all of the support you will need, including regular medicine and food drops will be made in perpetuity.

A radio transmitter has also been erected on the island broadcasting in a frequency and encryption known only to us. The transmitter will only broadcast the core numerical values of the Valenzetti Equation. When, through your research, you manage to change the numerical value of any one of these factors, when you have created through science the [unaudible] ... We will know that the one true way has been found.

That is the work to which you have committed yourself. Change the core values of the Valenzetti Equation, and you will change the course of destiny. The fate of the human race is in your hands.
Thank you and namaste.

Thomas Mittelwerk:
We all know what happened - the DHARMA Initiative failed and in spite of every effort of the Foundation, we are gripped in the tyranny of those six numbers.
We have tried to change those values by manipulating the environment in many, many ways. We have done our level best, and yet this inscrutable equation keeps bringing us back to the numbers. So now, we have to take radical action and I just want to tell all of you, that I trust you to do what is best.

The villages of Filan and Vetul-Milani have allowed us to test our vaccine on them. They think they are infected by a virus carried by local macaques and they believe we are bringing them the cure, so when you go in, you have to keep up the story. You know it by heart, don't waver. When the deaths begin you must comfort everyone with compassion and empathy then the bodies of the dead must be brought to the station immediately for full genetic work-up. We must make absolute certain we are hitting precise genetic targets we have engineered into the virus.

The optimal mortality rate is 30 percent. Our operatives at the Vik Institute have verified this figure. If more or less people succumb, we have failed. We need not take any more lives than is absolutely necessary.

Yes?

Scientist #1:
[Raises hand]
But Tom, these are people, innocent human beings, and we're just-

Mittelwerk:
If you knew, with mathematical certainty, that you could end all famine, war, and poverty, what would you do? Exactly, you'd find the best way to get it done - precisely, surgically, without allowing for any more suffering than is absolutely necessary. (Sigh)

It is not fair that innocents have to die so that we can perfect this virus but I promise you, someone is going to hell...

Is there something reflecting in the back?

Rachel Blake:
Oh God!

Mittelwerk:
Somebody grab her!

Hey! Hey! Get her!
(incomprehensible shouting)

Blake:
No! Get off me! Get off! No!

Scientist #2:
We got her.

Blake:
Get off me! No! It's-

Video on YouTube uploaded courtesy of Timdorr

Transcript courtesy of Lostpedia
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 08:08:24 PM by Pandora »

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
Re: TLE- The Walkthrough (Updated Clues)--Check in here first if you are playing!
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2006, 10:47:42 PM »
ACT IV:  RACHEL/MALIK AND APOLLO FOCUSED

Sep 9

Rachel's Response to Malik and DJ Dan Update[/b]

Speaker recently "got an email from an anonymous tipper".  It was an image with a long string of numbers, pictured backwards. 

When translated from Hex to ASCII, and then read backwards, the clue reads:

M--Conscience is keeping you in the fight is it? Heard you call in to DJ Dan. If you're talking about who I think you are then you already know my answer.

Appears that the message may be from Rachel to Malik.  She references one of Malik's last phone call to DJ Dan's Live Podcast on Aug 11, where he created a code that was translated "I know where he is, I can set it up."  (Sounds like he is talking about Alvar Hanso)

In related news, DJ Dan is holding yet another live podcast, this time on Sep 23, 8PM PST, discussed on his Podcast Archive page

Sep 10
Malik's Response to Rachel

In response, Malik seems to have posted a different code on Lost Ninja’s blog, which (when translated) reads:

R — I think it’s fair to say, whatever conscience I have was built on faulty equipment. This is a matter of duty. Loyalty… Speaking of which, I’ve been troubled by the very recent disappearance of an old friend, de Zylva. We all saw your Sri Lanka video. You were captured at the end, and yet, there you were, blasting those Lost producers in San Diego not a week later. And, I have to wonder… did de Zylva have something to do with that? Do you know what’s become of him?

Sep 11
Rachel's Response to Malik

And now, a third coded email! Coming to you from the third piece of the triumvirate, Other Girl, decoded to Rachel’s reply:

I knew you were behind that. I just knew. He never told me, you know?

When I hit the ground I was sure I was dead. The camera was broken, they were dragging me to my feet… and then a burst of gunfire in the air. These were SCIENTISTS, unarmed. They hit the ground. But not Mittelwerk. He kept coming until de Zylva turned the shots in his direction. Once Mittelwerk was face down on the ground, de Zylva grabbed my hand and we were gone. With the camera.

He didn’t talk. He said he was de Zylva, that was it. We knew Mittelwerk was already in pursuit, but we stuck to tunnels that had been dug out during various wartimes. We had some close calls. The goal was the American embassy in Colombo, but when we got there, we knew that was impossible. It was being watched — the airport, too. de Zylva said The Hanso Foundation had too much influence in Colombo to take the risk.

And, then, they caught wind of us again. We knew we could be caught at any second, and the only important thing was that video. EVIDENCE of Mittelwerk’s world-wide decimation plot. I’d planned for this. All I needed was a secure, high-speed connection. The Hanso goons knew it too. They surrounded the place while I was uploading. We barricaded ourselves, de Zylva knew an escape route. I barely got out, made my way to a friend of de Zylva’s who could get me to India. I swear, I waited for de Zylva. But he never came.

I’m so sorry.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 12:29:16 AM by Pandora »

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
Re: TLE- The Walkthrough (Updated Clues)--Check in here first if you are playing!
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »
Sep 12

Rachel Blake/Hanso Hack Update

There is a new code line at the bottom of http://www.thehansofoundation.org/hanso.swf:

Pdeo eo jkp ukqn bwqhp. Wo ukq kjya odkqpaz wp pda pkl kb ukqn hqjco, sa’ra whh ckp “xhkkz kj kqn dwjzo.” E fqop dkla iu bneajz eo naopejc awou.

Sdana wna ukq? E’hh jaaz ukq pk iaap ia ej Jknswu.

One can use a Caesar cipher (take the alphabet, shift it over a few as the key) to decode:

This is not your fault. As you once shouted at the top of your lungs, we’ve all got “blood on our hands.” I just hope my friend is resting easy.

Where are you? I’ll need you to meet me in Norway.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2006, 04:29:55 PM »
Sep 13

Another secret communique back from Rachel this time to Malik. There is Morse code in an mp3 file at HansoExposed.com.

M — Wish it were that simple. Fact is, as much as I want to, I still can’t trust you. I want to believe you are the man who helped me in Paris, but De Zylva’s name was not unknown. You could be Mittelwerk himself, springing a trap under my feet. I need confirmation it’s you. I need you to tell me something only you could know.

Sep 14

A new binary-coded message by Malik in reply showed up on Rachel Blake’s site. When decoded to hex and then ASCII text, this is the message:

R — I respect your caution. Suppose it’s warranted, after all you’ve come through. I can’t remember it exactly, but I think when we were in the stairwell in Paris, you muted the mic as I said “Because he wanted me to help you, and I can’t question a man who would launch the Mental Health Appeal… to save a loved one.” Say what you will about him now, his heart was once in the right place.

Sep 14

And Rachel, in reply, wrote to her hidden blog, the msg: “111151131047156103155116056″, which is octal, and decodes to the anagram “IiY’nCmN”, which is rearranged to:

I’m in NYC.

Sep 15

Malik’s message following that is an coded image of binary on WhereIsAlvar.com:

You lived in 3 different apartments. Be waiting outside your second at 7:45 PM. I’m sending a car. Hope you remember the brand of iron you hit me with, because that’s the code.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 06:02:55 PM by Pandora »

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2006, 04:32:23 PM »
Sep 18

WhereIsAlvar.com Update

A short (and frankly, not that exciting) update. Rachel sent out a short email directing us to go to WhereIsAlvar.com. Once there, there is a collage graphic made up of pictures of Apollo-grabbers that says UNITE. It reminds us that DJ Dan’s next live podcast is on September 24th (Sunday) at 8 PM PST, so it appears the end game could be approaching.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2006, 05:34:26 PM »
ACT V: FINALE & WRAP-UP

Sep 21

LetYourCompassGuideYou.com Update

LetYourCompassGuideYou.com closed down today, with an unusual message:

Click on the word "removed", and you will be taken to an unusual video on YouTube, of a musician (real life, Eric Hutchinson) playing in a restaurant as part of the 'Jeep Compass' tour.  Halfway through one of his numbers, someone from the audience interrupts him, saying he is William T. Kilpatrick (our own WTK), and raving about The Hanso Foundation's evil plans to use a fleet of Jeep Compasses to transport illegally harvested organs. Before the end, he is dragged off by Hanso goons, though he throws up a bunch of papers which may contain the LYCGY URL, says that everything we need to know is in the "Missing Organs folder", and shouts Rachel's name.  He is then filmed as he is thrown in the back of a van with MI plate 1646HH.

Strangely enough, this was all caught on another YouTube video from a different angle by others who were eating in Potbelly Sandwiches in Michigan at the time (appears to be real life staged event?).

Next, if you go back to the LetYourCompassGuideYou.com site, you can note at the bottom in dark font the numbers "13/9/19/19/9/14/7/15/18/7/1/14/19", which again, translates to "MISSING ORGANS".

Inside the /USR Trash folder is a continuation of the earlier Rachel (as OpenersHep) & WTK chat conversation from months ago, though now, it appears that this part took place after the kidnapping, and it is no longer William Kilpatrick talking on the other end (looks like they may have done something awful with him):

Session Start (wtkFleet35:OpenersHep): Thu Sep 21 1:58:03 2006
[1:58] OpenersHep: you there?
[1:58] wtkFleet35: Hello Rachel
[1:58] wtkFleet35: I was just thinking about you.
[1:59] OpenersHep: why's that?  what's going on?
[1:59] wtkFleet35: Because
[1:59] wtkFleet35: You're on my mind
[1:59] OpenersHep: ...
[1:59] OpenersHep: trying to win creepy points, will?
[1:59] wtkFleet35: You should watch that tone
[1:59] OpenersHep: who is this?
[1:59] OpenersHep: obviously not william...
[1:59] OpenersHep: spit it out
[2:00] wtkFleet35: Did you really think you would get away with it Miss Blake?
[2:00] OpenersHep: what've you done with him?
[2:01] wtkFleet35: See what you have done Rachel?
[2:01] wtkFleet35: All the people you have hurt.
[2:01] wtkFleet35: And for what, hmm?
[2:01] OpenersHep: tell me you sicko
[2:02] wtkFleet35: Don’t worry about Mr. Kilpatrick.  He is in good hands.  He is helping others in ways he never imagined. 
[2:03] OpenersHep: what is WRONG with you people?
[2:04] wtkFleet35: We promise not to boil his bunny.
[2:04] OpenersHep: I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS. 
[2:05] wtkFleet35: Oh, not to worry my dear. We already have
[2:05] OpenersHep: THIS IS OVER FOR YOU.  DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?
[2:05] wtkFleet35: By the way, nice place you have there in the Big Apple.
[2:07] wtkFleet35: Rachel dear….you there?
[2:07] *** "OpenersHep" signed off at Thu Sep 21 2:07:33 2006

Also inside the /USR Trash folder is the long-awaited Missing_Organs.zip file.  It unzips into evidence.pdf, which contains a series of documents which prove The Hanso Foundation's culpability in the harvesting of illegal organs in South Africa, and their use of specially equipped Jeep Compass vehicles to accomplish this.

(Note again above, the reappearance of the name "Vialex" as a preservative for organs)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 12:36:54 AM by Pandora »

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2006, 02:48:46 AM »
Sep 24

DJ Dan Update--Second LIVE Podcast and Rachel Blake Final Video

On DJ Dan’s podcast aired at 8PM PST; listen to the mp3 HERE. At just after 9:15 PST, Rachel Blake called in. She said she ‘had an insider’ on the Lost panel and talks about what made her start hacking. A caller called in with a live audio feed of The Hanso Foundation getting raided, though Mittelwerk blew up the building and escaped. When Rachel is pressed for details, she gives the big reveal, leading us to ABC.com for her final video.  It is now removed from the other site, but can still be seen HERE on Youtube, with the Sri Lanka video section cut out.

The truth is out--Alvar Hanso was kept near-prisoner in his home due to medical treatments (life extension? never fully explained) by Mittelwerk, but did nothing to stop his unethical activities.  Towards the end, the big reveal is given, and what many suspected: that Rachel Blake is in fact his daughter.  She had traced the funding for her education back to The Hanso Foundation, and that is how she got started researching the organization.

Video Transcript
(Outside a house, Rachel knocks. Titles show up that she is in Narvik, Norway. A man answers the door, letting her in. Inside, opera music plays and we see another man stood in the living room. The man is Alvar Hanso)

Alvar: Leave us.

(The man goes upstairs, as Alvar motions Rachel to sit)

Alvar: (Sighs) Rachel Blake.

Rachel: You recognise me?

Alvar: How did you get past security?

Rachel: I have contacts inside your Foundation. The nurse who comes in regularly to take your blood was called away on a family emergency. I’m her replacement.

Alvar: (Chuckles) Clever. So, did you come to draw blood?

Rachel: How can you joke, after everything you’ve done?

Alvar: You brought in a recording device.

Rachel: No. This is between you and me.

Alvar: I can hear it Rachel, its in your bag. You must have thought you could walk into my home, armed with nothing but the truth, and extract a confession from me.

Rachel: Something like that.

Alvar: (Chuckles again) I think your idealism touching. And, since its the truth you came for, I suppose that is what I should give you. On tape.

(Rachel moves the camera round to face Alvar, as he sits up in his chair quickly)

Alvar: The men you see here, work for the Foundation, they do not work for me. Their job is to keep me inside. To keep me from talking to anyone of importance. I’m a prisoner…

Rachel: No! You are not dodging the blame.

Alvar: No. I’m not. I am to blame. For training Thomas Werner Mittelwerk. For grooming him to be my successor. For giving him all the tools he needed to do the awful things he has. He cannot kill me, but he can keep me locked up while he kills millions of what…

(Rumbling from outside the room spooks both Blake and Hanso, and Rachel has to momentarily cover the camera)

Alvar: ..he is the one who has done all of the things that you have exposed, And much worse, all in my name. And yours.

Rachel: Mine?

Alvar: Thats why you came. The reason why you’ve investigated the Foundation. You wanted to learn more about the trust fund that paid for your upbringing. You wondered how a single mother, could pay for an education, and all the advantages you were given. But you, are a beautifully intelligent young woman, and you were able to trace the funds back to the Foundation. You searched, and even as you realised all the evil that was being done, even as you turned against everything that the Foundation now stands for, you kept on, because you knew the path would lead, to your father. And now I need your help, even if I don’t deserve it. I may never leave this house alive, and it’s only a matter of time before the guards realise who you are. So take this confession, get it to the press, to the authorities, to anyone who will listen! Make a scandal, Rachel! You are the only one who can bring down Mittelwerk, and set me free. Go now Rachel, finish this once and for all. Go!

Rachel: So long… Dad.

(Rachel begins to leave as the video cuts out)

Transcript courtesy of Lostpedia
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 02:53:29 AM by Pandora »

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2006, 03:00:23 AM »
Sep 27

Hanso Update

A few days after DJ Dan's 2nd live podcast aired and Rachel Blake revealed her last video, TheHansoFoundation.org went back up.  The content was a letter of apology and regret from Alvar Hanso himself.  He discusses how his trust in Mittelwerk was misplaced, and how it cost lives, and talks about Rachel publicly as his daughter.  He says that with her help, he was "exonerated and freed from imprisonment." 

However, if you click on the word "humanity", a creepy image and audio of Mittelwerk will still appear.

He says:

"You've taken a battle, but that's all it was, a battle. Humanity needs me, now more than ever. I have the virus, I have the will, and I will not fail."

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 03:06:23 AM by Pandora »