Author Topic: Austen is number 51 why did Locke say she wasn't on the wall?  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Thanks to you great people on here we know Austen was listed as number 51 and not crossed off, yet when UnLocke was showing the names to James, he made a point of no reference to Kate, and there was no flashback to Jacob touching her.
UnLocke told Claire she was not one of them, but wasn't she mentioned by Ilana as one of the six?

Offline bluesmanjay

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Austen is number 51 why did Locke say she wasn't on the wall?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 04:57:04 PM »
According to Lostpedia, Kate's name was in the cave as number 51 and it was crossed out. Lostpedia references an interview with Carlton Cuse, where Mr. Cuse says as such.

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 05:57:48 PM »
jacob touched kate when she was a kid and stealing the lunchbox--new kids on the block i think it was....

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
I thought Locke said that she was on the wall, but not anymore.  Meaning, it was on the cave wall, but was crossed out.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:36:32 PM »
Yeah, UnLocke told Claire that she wasn't on the wall at all.  He said that Kate wasn't on the wall "anymore".

Was either one of those true that we actually saw?  We saw "313-Littleton" (crossed out) on the wall in [MIB's] Cave.  We saw "51-Austen" (not crossed out) on the wheel in [Jacob's] Lighthouse.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 07:41:18 PM »
Yeah, UnLocke told Claire that she wasn't on the wall at all.  He said that Kate wasn't on the wall "anymore".

Was either one of those true that we actually saw?  We saw "313-Littleton" (crossed out) on the wall in [MIB's] Cave.  We saw "51-Austen" (not crossed out) on the wheel in [Jacob's] Lighthouse.

***Info from an offical Podcast to follow.  Read if you want***

Not that we actualy saw, but TPTB did confirm that Kate's name was on the cave wall crossed out.  We just didn't see it.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »
That's pretty simple I think...Locke lied...he's saying anything to get followers...he's already lied once to her about the others having Aaron, now he's lying again...

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 09:48:20 AM »
I got one word for ya...

MANIPULATION.

:)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 11:01:42 AM »
That's pretty simple I think...Locke lied...he's saying anything to get followers...he's already lied once to her about the others having Aaron, now he's lying again...

Absolutely!  Would you tell Claire, in the crazy-ass and insecure state that she's in right now, that she had been crossed off someone's list?   :D

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »

Absolutely!  Would you tell Claire, in the crazy-ass and insecure state that she's in right now, that she had been crossed off someone's list?   :D

I would if I knew I couldn't be killed.