Author Topic: Why does Locke want the plane...  (Read 4319 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Why does Locke want the plane...
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:00:56 PM »
Locke is trying really hard to get everyone on the plane...why? Richard wants to stop them now...Locke can't leave as long as Jacob is alive, Jacob is dead but one of the losties is a candidate, one of them is alive and stopping Locke from leaving. I think Locke wants to ge the losties on the plane and crash it...killing all them and whoever is the new  Jacob.....therefore releasing Locke from the island...

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Why does Locke want the plane...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:15:02 PM »
I went in another direction.  MIB asked Jacob to 'just let me leave'.  I think the replacement will have the same power to let him go.  He doesn't know who that is yet, so he's trying to bring them all together and get them to agree to leave with him, thereby freeing him from his prison.  If he finds out who the replacement is, the other candidates will be expendable (like Kate already is when he's done using her) and he has Claire and Sayid to help eliminate them when the time comes.  But I think killing the replacement wouldn't solve his problem.  His puzzle is to get the new 'Jacob' to agree to let him go.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
I'm thinking that MiB wants all the candidates dead. He told Jacob that he'd kill him, and any replacements. I think for MiB to leave, all the candidates must be dead. I'm thinking he wants them gathered in one place,and then let them kill each other.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:21:46 PM »
Richard also told them, before he had his episode, he's going to kill you all...

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 12:31:04 PM »
I'm thinking that MiB wants all the candidates dead. He told Jacob that he'd kill him, and any replacements. I think for MiB to leave, all the candidates must be dead. I'm thinking he wants them gathered in one place,and then let them kill each other.

Richard also told them, before he had his episode, he's going to kill you all...

Good points, both!  I forgot about those remarks.  I'm not sure what he needs to do to get off the island, or if he can even do it by a simple means of transportation like a boat or plane.  I do think, however, that if he can get Jacob's replacement to agree to help him leave, that will be enough.  We'll know soon enough, I guess.

Offline IFP

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 01:31:24 PM »
I actually want MIB to be successful in leaving, just to find out HOW he does it, and what it means for everyone. (and where exactly "home" is.)

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 01:35:27 PM »
Hmm. Well Jacob touched most or all of the current candidates am I right? What if there is a piece of his "power" inside of each of them and it is what is keeping smokey from leaving?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 01:39:48 PM »
I actually want MIB to be successful in leaving, just to find out HOW he does it, and what it means for everyone. (and where exactly "home" is.)

I definately think we are going to find out the HOW and HOME before the finale, so those questions will be answered without him actually getting off the island.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »

I definately think we are going to find out the HOW and HOME before the finale, so those questions will be answered without him actually getting off the island.

I agree we'll get the how and why and find out what home is to him.......and I'm secretly wishing he wins and the world ends!  It's fiction, right?  So why can't the good guys lose for a change?  Final scene, Jack lying on the descimated beach, knowing he failed, and a close up of his dying eye closing........LOST........Nah, never happen!

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 02:51:28 PM »
the whole plane thing is dumb
how are they supposed to turn that thing around ?
and I don't care how good a pilot Lapidus is, there's no way that plane doesn't have damage to its wheels and wings after that landing

there is no way that plane is taking off

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 03:31:49 PM »
and I don't care how good a pilot Lapidus is, there's no way that plane doesn't have damage to its wheels and wings after that landing

This is LOST remember?  Anything is possible!!!   ;)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »

This is LOST remember?  Anything is possible!!!   ;)

Yeah, like Sawyer said last night:  "Because THAT would just be ridiculous!"  LOL!

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »

This is LOST remember?  Anything is possible!!!   ;)

Yeah, like Sawyer said last night:  "Because THAT would just be ridiculous!"  LOL!

One of the best quotes of the night Madame P!  ;D

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »
It would seem that Locke wants them all together so that once they leave the island there are no more candidates, yes?  No one to take Jacob's place?  I don't think Jack will want to leave now that he's had his little epiphany.  It also seems to me that MIB is almost...genuinely concerned about Claire.  He was very fatherly in his interactions with her.  Though he did lie and say that her name wasn't on the wall, almost like he didn't want to distress her.  I don't know, it seemed almost TOO warm coming from him.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »
Maybe it wasn't Claire's name on the wall -- maybe it was Aaron's.