Author Topic: So how does MIB become Smokey?  (Read 4051 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: So how does MIB become Smokey?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 09:40:47 AM »
Oh, I agree with you about her not going to Locke's camp, but I like the idea of Locke some how "taking her voice" with the INTENT of having her come to his camp. I'm assuming we're going to see MIB's big master plan start to unravel slowly starting with Jin being taken by Widmore. I think as the episodes continue, we'll see that all of these little things that MIB has done in order to set himself up as a passive guy will start to blow up in his face, and we'll finally get to see his true colors. And maybe opgelost will FINALLY understand that MIB is the bad guy (Just kidding Opie.).

She doesn't even know that Jin speaks perfect English now.
Jacob did it, because she was against Richard's plan to destroy the plane. He just again took her freedom (to speak out her choice and try to convince others).
But nobody wants to bet with me.

Do you want to bet with me Bob? I say that Jacob is really, really, really bad and MIB is good. You say that Jacob is good and MIB is evil.
If you win I'll send you something nice from Holland.

Man, you are really stretching what you've seen to fit the Jacob=Bad theory!  Jacob, from what we've seen recently, was just killed by Ben.  He has not communicated with or appeared to anyone but Hurley since then.  Sun, while running from the MIB, hits her head on a tree and wakes up without the ability to speak English.  Jacob is nowhere to be seen at this point, but somehow you conclude that he did this?
I don't gamble, so I hope Bob takes you up on it.  And whatever you send him from Holland should be as nice as you are wrong!   Good luck, BOB!   ;)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 01:35:18 PM »
Where did everyone learn what keeps "smokey/MIB" away? How did they learn about the ash ring? How did they learn about the special "gate" to keep him out?

confused  :-[

Ummm, from watching the show?? These things have been shown to us in several episodes.

Oh, I agree with you about her not going to Locke's camp, but I like the idea of Locke some how "taking her voice" with the INTENT of having her come to his camp. I'm assuming we're going to see MIB's big master plan start to unravel slowly starting with Jin being taken by Widmore. I think as the episodes continue, we'll see that all of these little things that MIB has done in order to set himself up as a passive guy will start to blow up in his face, and we'll finally get to see his true colors. And maybe opgelost will FINALLY understand that MIB is the bad guy (Just kidding Opie.).

Jacob did it, because she was against Richard's plan to destroy the plane. He just again took her freedom (to speak out her choice and try to convince others).

Do you want to bet with me Bob? I say that Jacob is really, really, really bad and MIB is good. You say that Jacob is good and MIB is evil.

You know what, I forgot that Sun doesn't know that Jin knows English. Hmmmmm, Damn it. Well, I'll tell you what Opie, I'll take your bet. I say Jacob is good, and MIB is Bad. You say MIB is good, and Jacob is bad. Fair enough. We'll discuss the terms and conditions of the bet at a later date. But as for now. IT'S ON OPIE!!! LOL

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 01:44:09 PM »

You know what, I forgot that Sun doesn't know that Jin knows English. Hmmmmm, Damn it. Well, I'll tell you what Opie, I'll take your bet. I say Jacob is good, and MIB is Bad. You say MIB is good, and Jacob is bad. Fair enough. We'll discuss the terms and conditions of the bet at a later date. But as for now. IT'S ON OPIE!!! LOL

:-* Thank you.
Now we have to wait.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2010, 01:53:34 PM »

Now we have to wait.

That sounds so incredibly evil. OH DEAR GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2010, 02:20:14 PM »
Lol, I will not send you cookies.
I know you would be afraid to eat them.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2010, 03:50:39 PM »
Lol, I will not send you cookies.
I know you would be afraid to eat them.

LOL, Um, what the heel does THAT mean?? Wow Opie, you seem shockingly dark.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »
I agree with dark, but don't say evil.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:49 PM »
Where did everyone learn what keeps "smokey/MIB" away? How did they learn about the ash ring? How did they learn about the special "gate" to keep him out?

Do you mean "everyone" as in everyone here posting on Sledgeweb, or "everyone" as in all the people on the island?  'Cause if it's the first one -- what Bob said.  But if you meant the second one, then, ummmm, good question.  I bet we won't know that answer until we finally know what Smokey really is. 

i totally think of Davy Jones in Pirates of the Carribean when i read this thread- i can picture Flocke in the outrigger standing in two buckets of dirt. "I've got a jar of dirt"

ROFL!   ;D

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 08:22:05 PM »

Now we have to wait.

Hmmm what could she send from Holland if she is wrong? hmmm what is in Holland? hmmm well Amsterdam is in Holland...but what is in Amsterdam? hmmmm what do they have in Amster....AH HA! I have an idea !!! ;)

Then Bob is in Pennsylvannia....so perhaps a Terrible Towel?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 08:39:14 PM »
After some questioning from Sawyer, Flocke tells him that he can't just become Smokey and make his way to the Hydra island. 

So does this mean he can't become Smokey on demand - that something else causes it - or that he can't smoke fly over water?  Other thoughts?
It's really difficult to do things on the spot sometimes...you know the pressure, everyones looking and if you make a mistake, whoosh all that confidence everyone has in him is gone...

as to what causes it, if you mean the actual breakdown of molecular structure from solid to a gas form...I'd say it's the same energy used to make the donkey wheel and the healing pool work...;D

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2010, 09:33:01 PM »
After some questioning from Sawyer, Flocke tells him that he can't just become Smokey and make his way to the Hydra island. 

So does this mean he can't become Smokey on demand - that something else causes it - or that he can't smoke fly over water?  Other thoughts?
It's really difficult to do things on the spot sometimes...you know the pressure, everyones looking and if you make a mistake, whoosh all that confidence everyone has in him is gone...

as to what causes it, if you mean the actual breakdown of molecular structure from solid to a gas form...I'd say it's the same energy used to make the donkey wheel and the healing pool work...;D
it's magic dust, man