Author Topic: Sun looked into the mirror  (Read 2878 times)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Sun looked into the mirror
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 02:38:57 PM »
Snap I never thought of that!  I was under the impression that Linus was written on the wall...maybe I am making that up.  Though Jin didn't look into his reflection, he did look at the pictures of Sun and Ji Yeon...who is...sorta...like a reflection of himself...!  *gasp!*

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 02:57:46 PM »

oh my grilled cheese half of his face is DARK!

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 04:26:06 PM »
Thanks for the mirror pics.. I was hoping someone would put a thread together on them.. Any chance we can get a sticky for them somewhere?

Also.. I'm debating with a friend.  Did Jin have a mirror reflection or not so far?  My friend thinks there was one when he was in the fridge at the restaurant

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 04:29:38 PM »
Thanks for the mirror pics.. I was hoping someone would put a thread together on them.. Any chance we can get a sticky for them somewhere?

Also.. I'm debating with a friend.  Did Jin have a mirror reflection or not so far?  My friend thinks there was one when he was in the fridge at the restaurant
I don't recall Jin ever looking into his reflection.  Has anyone who has already rewatched noticed this? 

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 04:33:16 PM »
I plan on rewatching it today when I get home from work(if I am not out playing in the sun)

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »
I didn't think he did either but she was saying it was when he looked at the razor blade on the shelf.  Have to go check myself too.

And btw I found the thread on the mirror pics :)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 01:43:09 PM »
It appears that WE see Jin's reflection, but he isn't musing into it as all the other losties are.  The shot looks pretty intentional though.  This was taken right after Keamy says "The heart wants what the heart wants" and right before he says "Some people just aren't meant to be together."

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 02:05:26 PM »
It appears that WE see Jin's reflection, but he isn't musing into it as all the other losties are.  The shot looks pretty intentional though.  This was taken right after Keamy says "The heart wants what the heart wants" and right before he says "Some people just aren't meant to be together."

Is it just me, or does this angle seem like it would make any sort of reflectionoff the door impossible. Not trying to analyze the possibility of things in LOST, just trying to emphasize it seems as though we are intentionally being given these shots.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »
It looks VERY intentional to me.  The angle is a bit off, and they sacrificed having keamy in the shot so that we could see Jin in the door.  Also, and you know I HATE to read into things on LOST, he is the only one not looking at himself in the mirror.  Every other mirror shot the person looks into their own eyes.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »
It looks VERY intentional to me.  The angle is a bit off, and they sacrificed having keamy in the shot so that we could see Jin in the door.  Also, and you know I HATE to read into things on LOST, he is the only one not looking at himself in the mirror.  Every other mirror shot the person looks into their own eyes.

LOL I should have read this before I responded to your pic in a different thread, but yeah I think you are right on both counts. It definitely seems intentional. It's a cool mise en scene. (H.S. film class, memories) But at the same time, you make a good point in that it is different from what we've seen with the other losties looking in the mirror. What does it mean?

I will answer that with a riddle of my own: what do you get when you cross and elephant with a rhinoseros?? An eleph-ino. (get it hell-if-i-know) don't worry, I won't quit me day job.