Author Topic: "Everyone will cease to be." - Charles Widmore  (Read 6495 times)

Offline mushermellon

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: "Everyone will cease to be." - Charles Widmore
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2010, 12:31:53 AM »
I may be splitting hairs, but didn't he say 'Everyone WE know and love will cease to exist?"  Doesn't hav to mean humanity.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2010, 01:30:38 AM »
I may be splitting hairs, but didn't he say 'Everyone WE know and love will cease to exist?"  Doesn't hav to mean humanity.

You're right. The quote is really "If that thing masquerading as John Locke ever got off this island, your wife, your daughter, my daughter, everyone we know and love - would simply cease to be."

So, it may be limited to the people connected to the Island, but I think it's the whole world. One of these days a character will have to utter the words "what do you mean?" but that doesn't happen very often.

Offline mushermellon

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2010, 12:57:43 AM »

You're right. The quote is really "If that thing masquerading as John Locke ever got off this island, your wife, your daughter, my daughter, everyone we know and love - would simply cease to be."

So, it may be limited to the people connected to the Island, but I think it's the whole world. One of these days a character will have to utter the words "what do you mean?" but that doesn't happen very often.

lol!  yeah, you're exactly right!  Ask some questions, people!  Someone says everyone will die and that doesn't pique your interest?!