Poll

Please rate the episode and discuss your reasons in the comments.

1 (5.9%)
1 (5.9%)
4 (23.5%)
2 (11.8%)
6 (35.3%)
1 (5.9%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (5.9%)
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Episode 6x10 Rating  (Read 3560 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Episode 6x10 Rating
« on: March 30, 2010, 11:27:42 PM »
You know the drill!

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x10 Rating
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 07:14:31 AM »
I gave it a 6.
I loved the ending with Jack and Sun with their moment ending up with Jack touching Sun.... and the big reveal of what the package was, although we all suspected Widmore forced Des to come back to the island. I loved Illana's line about Ben lying when he opens his mouth. I liked the take charge attitude of Richard. I liked that Widmore let Jin see pictures of his daughter.

I didn't like that Sun and Jin were doomed in the Alt to have it turn out bad. They weren't married?  :P She was shot and was pregnant?  :'(
Sawyer telling Kate they were all screwed if Widmore didn't kill Flocke and then he didn't say Son of a Bitch when Flocke came back?  >:(
I feel that Sun and Jin haven't been used well since season 2.

Maybe it's the hang over from Ab Eterno, but I just felt that this was like the Glass Ballerina. Another so-so Sun and Jin episode.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »
 I gave ita 6, great to see that Jin saw he had a daughter but it had such a sense of foreboding about it, especially with their horrible sideways story.  Don't think Jin and Sun are going to end up  togteher one is going to end up dead.

Got really puzzled why Sawyer thoughtLocke would not make it, he knew about the pylons to keep him out, he knew Widmore knew about Smokey sohow did Sawyer think Widmore was going to kill him?

Great to see Desmond, knew he was going to be on the boat.Least he wasn't beaten but forcibly druggged to go with them. last time Widmore saw Desmond , he told him how t get to LA andwas kind and told him to keep Penny safe...... Desmond is the constant. Think Widmore needs toeset the elctrical magnetic of Swan Station and knows Des knows all about it.

Curious why Locke said Kate's name wasn't on the wall, big point was made when he showed it to Sawyer not to include the flashback of Jacob touching her, I think her name is on the list Jacob gave Ilana.

Really wished there had been a pop up episode repeat of Richard's story at 8pm or on line.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:37:26 PM »
I gave it an 8.  It wasn't as bad of a retread as I felt like Sawyer's was.  The acting and production were superb.  But UnLocke is MESSING WITH MY HEAD!  I loved Jack playing hero with Sun at the end.  I think he's going to have to give himself up to be Jacob's replacement if he wants to see all his friends fly away.  I'm not sure anymore that there is a happy-ending version of this story.  It is pretty grim right now. 

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 09:02:34 AM »
I gave it a 1.  It did next to  nothing to advance the story and give us answers. While they are taking all the main charaters for their sideways story but  this reiterated  what we knew ( with a couple of small twists) The" on island" story line was a litle better but overall I thought it was rather boring.   After last week's episode this seemed so mundane. If they were going to have a "War" why didn't they take Jin and kill the others?  It seemed like a ploy to keep Sun and Jin from  finding one another.
Let's hope that next week gets back to Lost's past best episodes.  I assume it will be Desmond centric since the only other one that we have to see is Hurley.

Of cours the Jacob-MIB story  should be great...they must be planning one.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »
I gave it a 7.  It was classic Lost, but I guess that classic Lost is getting a little old to me.  I like Sun and Jin, and I'm interested to see what the conclusion is to their story.  Sometimes I wonder if the candidates are people who end up having their loved one die on them at some point or people who have to sacrifice being with a loved one for the good of the island/the world/whatever.  Kind of like Richard.

Maybe not.  I'm just glad we're on the home stretch.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 09:34:37 PM »
I gave it a 6. Rather boring episode, but we got a lot of familiar cameos. My old rating would have been an 8.

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 10:20:11 PM »
Crap I posted a good one in 6x9 with full recap Whewwwww!

Click here to see: http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,10624.msg615816.html#msg615816

Haha April Fools belated sorta
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:22:52 PM by Point Place WI »

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »
7 -
kind of figured that Desmond was our package

The sideways was good not sure the point of sideway anymore but good character time

Nice to see Charles and Locke on the beach.  Interesting conversation

LOCKE:(shows his hands) Easy, friend, I come in peace.

[Locke walks to his left and he sees Widmore.]

WIDMORE: Do you know who I am?

LOCKE: Charles Widmore. Do you know who I am?

WIDMORE: Obviously you're not John Locke. Everything else I know is a combination of myth, ghost stories, and jungle noises in the night.

LOCKE: I think you know more than that judging by these pylons.

WIDMORE: Why did you come here?

LOCKE: You took one of my people, Jin Kwon.

WIDMORE: I have no idea what you're talking about.

[there is a pause]

LOCKE: A wise man once said that war was coming to this island, I think it just got here.

if they are setting up the chain of events to come this was good.  But mostly Widmoer's description of the MIB.  So just maybe he was bottled up somewhere and that is who was in the cabin right along.  Hmmmm ;D
It was a good episode expected and delivered

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 12:34:57 PM »
The problem is that they have been setting up for this war for 4 weeks now. Lets do the damn war already!!

Getting very disappointed in the season. Moving slow, not going and not going anywhere. Am I suppose to by into these sideways stories? Was watching the flashbacks and flashforward for 5 seasons a complete waste of time? Are they ever going to tie in the Dharma intiative, the stations the others into the mythology of the island? Why do I have to spend so much time reading a tv show?

Gave the episode a 6. I enjoy watching each hour of tv each week but when it is over I am let down that this FINAL season is dragging its feet so much. Lets start focusing on the losties and the main story and get towards some conclusion.

I am holding out hope that the end will still pay off and I will look back at this season with a new appreciation. I am doubtful but hopefull.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »
The problem is that they have been setting up for this war for 4 weeks now. Lets do the damn war already!!

Getting very disappointed in the season. Moving slow, not going and not going anywhere. Am I suppose to by into these sideways stories? Was watching the flashbacks and flashforward for 5 seasons a complete waste of time? Are they ever going to tie in the Dharma intiative, the stations the others into the mythology of the island? Why do I have to spend so much time reading a tv show?

Gave the episode a 6. I enjoy watching each hour of tv each week but when it is over I am let down that this FINAL season is dragging its feet so much. Lets start focusing on the losties and the main story and get towards some conclusion.

I am holding out hope that the end will still pay off and I will look back at this season with a new appreciation. I am doubtful but hopefull.

Juggy I will say that I do agree with you.  Okay now that's out of the way.  At first I didn't like you were so negative, but I do admit that these last few shows have been yawners for me to a degree.  Even my Dad said similar to what you wrote.  Where are we going with this.  Funny tonight I am having dinner with a friend who has watched the show from the start and has kindly tolerated my rantings, ravings and theories.  A few times was told to not discuss my thoughts, but this person also agrees WTH/F is going on with the show.

BUT I do recall TPTB saying we would either hate it or like it and that was where they would be.  Some of this is like they are calling it in from some remote island ::)

I like all watchers have loved this show but I agree the series finale should not be WTF moment for any fan. 
I also agree sidewinder stuff is not good...who cares where is it going if they are on the island let us focus there.  Additionally I think they kind of messed up and are now floundering to pull this to some reasonable ending ;) ;D

((((((Juggy))))))  Send kate thoughts to you