Author Topic: Something happen to Sun?  (Read 3751 times)

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Something happen to Sun?
« on: March 30, 2010, 11:25:42 PM »
Did something happen to Sun while she was out?

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Something happen to Sun?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:27:27 PM »
I'm not sure exactly what happened to her, but I love how the timelines are coming together... she can't speak English in the flash sideways... can't speak English when she gets bonked on the head on the island...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 01:48:12 AM »
Charlie raped her again. (Yes, I still remember that theory).

Offline lostjava

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 08:16:17 AM »

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »
Did something happen to Sun while she was out?

dysphasia
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/dysphasia
I did buy this when Jack said it. But it is Lost so we might be on the wrong track

Offline PMMJ

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 10:15:08 AM »
she can't speak English in the flash sideways...

I totally think she can still speak English in the sideways world. In fact, I think that's what she was about to tell Jin when she was talking about running away, and there was a knock on the door.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 10:52:03 AM »
I believe dysphasia is a ruse...a scientific stab at a metaphysical phenomenon. MiB took her voice so she'd be more likely to run to Jim.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »
She was about to tell him that she's pregnant. I don't think she knows English, she would have said something to Keamy, since she wouldn'thave to hide it anymore (as she loves Jin and didn't have an affair).

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 11:02:38 AM »
She was about to tell him that she's pregnant. I don't think she knows English, she would have said something to Keamy, since she wouldn'thave to hide it anymore (as she loves Jin and didn't have an affair).

She definitely seemed genuinely lost when she was at the bank. Up until then I was still convinced she could, but if she was faking not knowing English I think she would have shown signs of surprise before Patchy translated.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 11:24:45 AM »

She definitely seemed genuinely lost when she was at the bank. Up until then I was still convinced she could, but if she was faking not knowing English I think she would have shown signs of surprise before Patchy translated.

No just a good cover,

If she had shown surprise then Mikhail would have been on to her.  She just went with the look on the bankers face that seemed to show she was confused so Sun could've gathered there was a problem even if she didnt speak any english but I think she still knows how to speak english.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 01:08:35 PM »
I believe dysphasia is a ruse...a scientific stab at a metaphysical phenomenon. MiB took her voice so she'd be more likely to run to Jim.

That is interesting. I hope that something like this holds up. We still don't know the full extent od Locke's abilities.

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 01:20:48 PM »
I would wonder what mythical creature takes/uses/abuses human voices.... xD yeah...wrong path?

Offline hackgrid

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 01:42:45 PM »
she can't speak English in the flash sideways...

I totally think she can still speak English in the sideways world. In fact, I think that's what she was about to tell Jin when she was talking about running away, and there was a knock on the door.

She can't speak english cause she didnt have to learn it because she is still on good terms with Jin. She wanted to talk about their child!

Offline dragonflyk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 02:07:05 PM »
I'm a bit confused and pardon me if I am messing up the timelines, but.....I thought when Jin and Sun boarded flight 815, they were already married.
How are they NOT married now?

When she boarded that flight, she did know English.  Now she doesn't in the side flashes?
I think she still knows English, just doesn't want anyone to know that she does.
Several times it looked like Sun wanted to answer the customs people, but held back.
Several times it looked like she wanted to say something to Keamy, too.... but appeared like she held back then, as well.

Dunno...something's not adding up for me. help! ???

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 02:27:51 PM »
nothing in the flash sideways (alt universe/timeline) can be taken as the same as the other universe/timeline

we know this because originally Sawyer was a criminal before he got on the plane, but in the alt, he is a police man before he gets on the plane

in the original, Jack was on his way to becoming an alcoholic before he gets on 815, but in the alt, he doesn't drink at all

we don't really have any idea how the alt circumstances came to be.
Is it because the island sunk ? becuase Jacob did or did not have contact with them in the alt ?

we don't know

we just know its a "different" universe/timeline/something