Author Topic: Sideways Turn  (Read 4347 times)

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Sideways Turn
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 01:32:06 PM »
I think Sun's spout of "I'm Pregnant" was more of a Jin is not infertal in this Sideverse then a my baby is gonna die type of reveal.

I would really love to know what these sideverse flashes are, I used to think it was what life would have been like if the island blew up in '77 and the losties were never influenced by Jacob and the islanders. But now it seems like tons of things that should have no bearing on the island are changed. Jin and Sun are not married and Jin's pipes are wide and clean. Locke is paralyzed, but how if dad didn't do it? Hurley is lucky and won the lottery, chances are he didnt casue the patio to collapse killing those people, go insane, hear the numbers and play them in the lotto. So why was he on the plane if not to figure out the origins of the numbers? Jack has a kid because he never got that candy bar?

I just had a thought while rambling, are the lives better in the sideverse for the canidates only? Kate is still running and Sayid still killing. hmmm.
Really?  You think Sun just thought that getting shot in the stomach was good time to tell the viewer that Jin is not infertile and it had nothing to with the fact that she shot in the lower stomach regain which, while Iím not expert, is usually well babies are housed?

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 01:48:11 PM »
I think Sun's spout of "I'm Pregnant" was more of a Jin is not infertal in this Sideverse then a my baby is gonna die type of reveal.

Well, yes and no.  I think the first thing we were meant to wonder was 'Oh my God, what will happen to the baby?' but you're also right, and I didn't even catch it until now, that we were also meant to question whether Jin is infertile in this timeline.  I also had an idea just now that Sun is with her 'boyfriend' from the original timeline (maybe with the father's urging because he was successful) and is cheating on him with Jin, which would be the opposite of the original story.  This would also reinforce the motive to have Jin killed, although the fact that they aren't married and he is of a lower class is probably reason enough for her father.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »

Well, yes and no.  I think the first thing we were meant to wonder was 'Oh my God, what will happen to the baby?' but you're also right, and I didn't even catch it until now, that we were also meant to question whether Jin is infertile in this timeline.  I also had an idea just now that Sun is with her 'boyfriend' from the original timeline (maybe with the father's urging because he was successful) and is cheating on him with Jin, which would be the opposite of the original story.  This would also reinforce the motive to have Jin killed, although the fact that they aren't married and he is of a lower class is probably reason enough for her father.
Ah, I see now.  I get it.  I think I missread that first comment a little.  It makes sense now.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 09:06:46 AM »

We were also meant to wonder why it looks like everybody, including the last born, exist in both timelines and David Shepard seams to exist only in one. (I know we still need to see Kelvin, Widmore, Penny, Michael, Walt, Libby, Ana Lucia, Eko, Juliet, Eloise and Daniel).

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2010, 12:49:28 PM »

We were also meant to wonder why it looks like everybody, including the last born, exist in both timelines and David Shepard seams to exist only in one. (I know we still need to see Kelvin, Widmore, Penny, Michael, Walt, Libby, Ana Lucia, Eko, Juliet, Eloise and Daniel).

Yep! Nail on the head there. The kid we have only seen once...in a side flash....turns out to be one of the central characters in the show. Brilliant. I still think the Bartender that served Christian and Sawyer in Australia is going to be MiB.

I think it served both of those purposes actually. Both telling us that she may lose her baby, and also showing us that Jin is Fertile. She may not lose the baby of course, but If the baby lives, I think Sun Dies. Just a hypothesis.